Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac 1975 Rhino Super Deluxe

I realize I’m late to the party but I didn’t buy the CD/LP/DVD super deluxe of the white album. I have the 2CD version. Is it worth getting the whole box set — I enjoy the ones I have for Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and preordered the Live super deluxe. Unlike the others, you can’t even find the white album super deluxe box on eBay, so if anyone knows where I can get one, I’d appreciate any leads.

PS: I’m sure I didn’t buy it bc of post-Lindsey firing outrage.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I realize I’m late to the party but I didn’t buy the CD/LP/DVD super deluxe of the white album. I have the 2CD version. Is it worth getting the whole box set — I enjoy the ones I have for Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and preordered the Live super deluxe. Unlike the others, you can’t even find the white album super deluxe box on eBay, so if anyone knows where I can get one, I’d appreciate any leads.

Like you, at first I only purchased the 2 disc set but about year ago I got the whole box set for around $60 on Amazon. So glad I did because it's one on my favorite releases. The whole set is great and it is a nice collectable. I preordered the Tusk box only to have Amazon inform me it was on backorder even before it was even released. When it finally arrived it was badly damaged in transit and I had to send it back only to find the 2nd copy was damaged too. I was pretty upset but wanted to hear it so I kept it. I've tried to find a another copy but now it's out of print and cost a fortune to replace, so I guess I won't be getting a new one in good condition. Sad because it is my favorite album and Rhino did a great job on the deluxe edition. I would go ahead and try and find a copy of the White album now because it's only going to get more expensive. I think mine was an import. The only one I haven't gotten the deluxe for now is TITN, but it looks really lame and it's not one of my favorite albums anyway.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/fleetwo...YAtw&gclsrc=ds

I wouldn't be surprised if it is out of stock and Web site is not updated.

Last edited by soul_drifter333; 04-11-2021 at 10:24 AM..
Old 04-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks so much! I’ve enjoyed the expanded releases — I have had a record player forever so it’s nice to get stuff I can use it to play! I ordered the Best Buy one — I’ve seen some on Amazon resellers for a lot of money. I’m hoping I don’t have to go that route. My search of eBay completed listings shows that it does show up there from time to time so I’ve set an alert. Fingers crossed one of these works out.

While the TITN bonus material isn’t my favorite, I spent too much money back in the day to get Down Endless Street on a bootleg so I am happy to have a legit copy now. The good news about the Tusk release is that they can be found for sale — the prices are the bad news. Sigh.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks so much! I’ve enjoyed the expanded releases — I have had a record player forever so it’s nice to get stuff I can use it to play! I ordered the Best Buy one — I’ve seen some on Amazon resellers for a lot of money. I’m hoping I don’t have to go that route. My search of eBay completed listings shows that it does show up there from time to time so I’ve set an alert. Fingers crossed one of these works out.

While the TITN bonus material isn’t my favorite, I spent too much money back in the day to get Down Endless Street on a bootleg so I am happy to have a legit copy now. The good news about the Tusk release is that they can be found for sale — the prices are the bad news. Sigh.
Yeah, I know the feeling. I searched for years for a clean version on Cool Water from Mirage. Both songs were released on vinyl as B-sides but Down Endless Street was at least released as a 12". The remastered version of both sound amazing so I guess it was worth the wait. The new Live set sounds just as good. Good luck on finding the White set. Sometimes you can find stuff at a more reasonable price at local record stores.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:33 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

TRY HERE !

https://www.discogs.com/fr/sell/release/11442568?ev=rb
Old 04-11-2021, 07:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks! I’ll give it a try!
Old 04-13-2021, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I’ll give it a try!
Anusha, I never bought the full deluxe package for Rumours — I only bought the three disc thing without the video and vinyl — but now I am looking around for the complete thing. I don’t think it’s on sale anymore. If someone sees a NEW, sealed package of it, please let me know.

moviekinks.blogspot.com