User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And yet she tried to make Mike Campbell not be Mike Campbell but be Lindsey Buckingham...
She's quite the.... BAG OF NUTS.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The real legacy of Fleetwood Mac is Mick, John, and Christine enduring and always finding their way back to each other. From Chicken Shack playing just before Fleetwood Mac debuted to the joint auction between those three -and only those three- signaling the end of Fleetwood Mac without actually having to say it, Fleetwood Mac was their journey. The band might have had an awkward ending, the story did not.
As I type, The Chain has just come on the radio... But I think I agree with you. I love the Rumours line-up beyond almost anything else in music, but when Christine died, I found the most comforting Mac song was Love Shines. There's a purity to it - a simple, beautiful song, unencumbered by the silly Hollywood rock star dramas and squabbles the other two seem to drag around with them.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And yet she tried to make Mike Campbell not be Mike Campbell but be Lindsey Buckingham...
And there’s the hub of her problem with Lindsey..because of their past she doesn’t want him anywhere near.
He spoils her life for her.
But she knows he is the one that spun her songs for her, made her sound a half decent songwriter.
She ain’t going anywhere near a recording studio with Fleetwood Mac so doesn’t need him.
Any guitarist can sound like Lindsey after her coaching…
Old 04-18-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
The real legacy of Fleetwood Mac is Mick, John, and Christine enduring and always finding their way back to each other. From Chicken Shack playing just before Fleetwood Mac debuted to the joint auction between those three -and only those three- signaling the end of Fleetwood Mac without actually having to say it, Fleetwood Mac was their journey. The band might have had an awkward ending, the story did not.
This part. It's always been the spine of my love for them. The spine of the band and story.

When Christine died, I kept listening to non Rumours songs (at first). Not sure why, but I felt closer to those songs. Even ALAYF, kept popping up.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The old bitch got him fired.
There will always be those who feel and believe that Lindsey was the worst addition to FM because he didn’t play instruments well, he had a vision for Tusk that had songs where the songs are solo (though The Ledge to me sounds like Stevie is singing high vocals but I don’t claim to know if it’s her), that he would not play songs from the FM catalogue that he didn’t have a hand in (other than Oh Well for Unleashed). However, Lindsey was ranked higher than Mike Campbell and Joe Walsh on RollingStone’s greatest guitarist lists. With Lindsey in the lineup, they brought back songs like Sara, Silver Springs, Not That Funny, Eyes of the World, Beautiful Child, I Know I’m Not Wrong, Storms, Sisters of The Moon, Say You Love Me ‘09, Bleed To Love Her, and Seven Wonders, Without You and not to mention SYW songs and Sad Angel. I wish there were more 75-2013 gems added in the tours from 97-2017. I was not a fan of Lindsey before his firing in 2018, but unless something comes out that he told Stevie she had a huge belly or that she can’t sing anymore, or recent physical abuse in the 2000s and not violence from a 1980 concert or 1987 meeting for which he never went to prison for…I think Lindsey will be remembered for being the person who was right. Fleetwood Mac did a final arena and stadium tour, which would have been the same arenas and stadiums had it been with Lindsey but not with the original band.

And Neil is not saying he wishes he could make music with Mick, John, Stevie, and Mike… he’s saying he wants to meet Lindsey - that guitar player who can’t play, sing, or write music.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I wonder what line of BS Mick told them in order to get them to sign on the bottom line. There always seems to be a sense of disappointment that eventually surfaces.
I wonder what they signed on the bottom line to get FINANCIALLY.... like, did paying both of them cost the band more than just paying Lindsey?? Did having these two new people coming in and getting a slice reduce what was left for Stevie to take..sorry, I mean for the rest of the band to divvy up??

I'd wager both Mike and Neil were given salaries, not percentages but... how much would they have to get per show to make it worth their while?? And of course, to make up for any added costs, the tour would have to rake in more, either through higher ticket prices, more shows, pricier merch, etc....
Old 04-18-2024, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s always been my theory that Stevie used Christine’s return to finally get rid of Lindsey.

Stevie let us have Christine’s comeback tour, but after that she was done with Lindsey. She couldn’t get rid of him before because then it would have just been Stevie with Mick and John, they need at least Lindsey or Christine there to be Fleetwood Mac. So Stevie finally got what she wanted.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The real legacy of Fleetwood Mac is Mick, John, and Christine enduring and always finding their way back to each other.
I don't understand. Yes Christine came back but left the band for 17 years, Lindsey just for 10. Yes Christine joined long before, but I think the band will be mainly remembered for the Rumours lineup anyway. The legacy to me is the combination of the 5 members. No more no less, despite the nightmares, disappointments and betrayals.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't understand. Yes Christine came back but left the band for 17 years, Lindsey just for 10. Yes Christine joined long before, but I think the band will be mainly remembered for the Rumours lineup anyway. The legacy to me is the combination of the 5 members. No more no less, despite the nightmares, disappointments and betrayals.
He's simply saying the Brit core is what Fleetwood Mac means to him. I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He's simply saying the Brit core is what Fleetwood Mac means to him. I couldn't agree more.
It is for me too…I love the Rumours line up don’t get me wrong but Fleetwood Mac to me is the Original Peter Green bluesy band.

Stevie and Lindsey were brilliant and made the band huge but the heart is the Brits.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
It is for me too…I love the Rumours line up don’t get me wrong but Fleetwood Mac to me is the Original Peter Green bluesy band.

Stevie and Lindsey were brilliant and made the band huge but the heart is the Brits.
Yep, John, Christine and Mick made it all the way to the end. And were there in some way shape or form at the start.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't understand. Yes Christine came back but left the band for 17 years, Lindsey just for 10.
That’s a point that needs to die. Fleetwood Mac was only active for five of those sixteen years.

Compare that to when Lindsey was out: Fleetwood Mac made two albums (and maybe two EPs worth of new tracks on various compilations) and did three tours in the ten years Lindsey was gone. (BTM, Time, two songs for GH, three songs for the box, Roll With Me Henry, Lizard People, and the original Blow By Blow.)

If anything, that only proves how vital Christine was to Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2024, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That’s maybe the most criminal aspect of the whole thing. Why get a guy with his own sound if you’re going to make him sound like the guy you just sacked? The irony being she doesn’t demand that of Waddy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2024, 03:50 PM

Quote:
That’s maybe the most criminal aspect of the whole thing. Why get a guy with his own sound if you’re going to make him sound like the guy you just sacked? The irony being she doesn’t demand that of Waddy.
Not to mention, a huge insult to his accomplishment as an artist and player. I honestly thought he made the band explosive and had those blues chops that Rick had. Hey Eric Clapton, could you sound like Lindsey for us?
Old 04-18-2024, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The main reason ..He (Lindsey) is not on stage with her..someone who is willing to play like Lindsey, but not be Lindsey is, perfect as far as she is concerned.
Mission accomplished.
And in the planning a long time, this wasn’t a spur of the moment thing.