Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2022, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know next to nothing about Glyn Johns, but Street Angel is a horrible album, and he can take as much blame as Stevie for how bad it is. There’s plenty of blame for everyone, I say.
Hate the game, not the player. IMHO Street Angel is a good album or at least half of it. Lots of it was recorded before rehab and its a miracle it happened. I love that she embraced a country rock theme compared to a pop record. There is good music on the album. If you strip all the vocals and just listen to the music tracks, they are pretty good. But if the songs are crap, there are limits to how a good producer can polish a turd. Someday take another listen to the album. Half of it is pretty good. I love how uncommercial it is. The music industry had changed and just because it did not sell many copies does not make it a bad album. IMHO its ten times better than Trouble In Shangri-la.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:46 AM

Really curious to see if this has new vocals. I'm thrilled to see her doing anything music wise.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Really curious to see if this has new vocals. I'm thrilled to see her doing anything music wise.
i'm thinking it will, because she sold her catalog in all different possible ways in the last 20+ years. so to own some of it she needs newly recorded versions. kinda like "Taylor's version" albums.

so i fully expect it will mostly be her huge hits, and then some surprises. like we've heard Wish You Were Here on Buckvie tour, and i thought she sang it beautifully on some dates. and they can manipulate her voice in the studio to sound good.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm thinking it will, because she sold her catalog in all different possible ways in the last 20+ years. so to own some of it she needs newly recorded versions. kinda like "Taylor's version" albums.

so i fully expect it will mostly be her huge hits, and then some surprises. like we've heard Wish You Were Here on Buckvie tour, and i thought she sang it beautifully on some dates. and they can manipulate her voice in the studio to sound good.
I would really love it if she did a special much like Peter Green's tribute.
Special guests: Lindsey, Mick, Stevie, Eric Clapton etc
Old 03-28-2022, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I was thrilled to see that the Christine McVie forum on the Ledge had more viewers than any other forum here, including the Rumours lineup. It’s awesome to see Christine get some love here, usually her forum is pretty quiet.
That's because we actually have a recorded current interview with her and it's good. The rest of the forums are filled with our conflicting opinions and rehashed articles.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's because we actually have a recorded current interview with her and it's good. The rest of the forums are filled with our conflicting opinions and rehashed articles.
So much truth in that. Christine is warmth and beauty in the middle of some very ugly actions and behavior. I've always said, "I can't imagine why she needed 15 years vacation."
Old 03-28-2022, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would really love it if she did a special much like Peter Green's tribute.
Special guests: Lindsey, Mick, Stevie, Eric Clapton etc
No Stevie. Can we get the girl from the Ho Ho's as a stand by instead? You know the wild one from the Red Rocks show
The real Stevie would be a distraction with all the chiffon heads packing the show just to see her. It would take the oxygen out of Christine's show.|
Todd Sharpe YES
Steve Winwood YES
Lindsey YES
Eric Clapton YES

I would keep John and Mick away so Stevie's feelings don't get hurt that she was the only one not invited.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-28-2022 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-28-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No Stevie. Can we get the girl from the Ho Ho's as a stand by instead? You know the wild one from the Red Rocks show
The real Stevie would be a distraction with all the chiffon heads packing the show just to see her. It would take the oxygen out of Christine's show.|
Todd Sharpe YES
Steve Winwood YES
Lindsey YES
Eric Clapton YES

I would keep John and Mick away so Stevie's feelings don't get hurt that she was the only one not invited.
I disagree. I think one or two songs where Stevie was on vocally (LIttle Lies, ALAYF).

I think it would enhance to the spirit of what she's trying to do.
Old 03-28-2022, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree. I think one or two songs where Stevie was on vocally (LIttle Lies, ALAYF).

I think it would enhance to the spirit of what she's trying to do.
I will eat my shoe live on Facebook if ALAYF is ever performed by Chris anywhere. Not going to happen.

I disagree. Stevie's appearance would be a distraction and totally take away from what Chris is trying to accomplish. 87.4% of Mac concert goers are there only to see Stevie. The performance is for Chris and her music. Stevie and her gang would suck all the oxygen out of the room. Its about the music, not the cult of personality.
For the love of God, if Chris ever performed solo anywhere let us relish and soak up the moment, not ruin it

Chris and Lindsey handled Little Lies quite well on their tour without the witch. Her vocals are not needed. Lindsey proved that during the Tango sessions

On Lindsey's current tour, would it not be a distraction if he invited Stevie on his stage to perform a few songs? Of course it would. Please let us enjoy the music and Christine the same way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-28-2022 at 12:59 PM..
Old 03-28-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I will eat my shoe live on Facebook if ALAYF is ever performed by Chris anywhere. Not going to happen.

I disagree. Stevie's appearance would be a distraction and totally take away from what Chris is trying to accomplish. 87.4% of Mac concert goers are there only to see Stevie. The performance is for Chris and her music. Stevie and her gang would suck all the oxygen out of the room. Its about the music, not the cult of personality.
For the love of God, if Chris ever performed solo anywhere let us relish and soak up the moment, not ruin it

Chris and Lindsey handled Little Lies quite well on their tour without the witch. Her vocals are not needed. Lindsey proved that during the Tango sessions

On Lindsey's current tour, would it not be a distraction if he invited Stevie on his stage to perform a few songs? Of course it would. Please let us enjoy the music and Christine the same way.
Again, I disagree. And I would enjoy it either way. Especially in the spirit of what I think she's going for, in this case.

I just hope the arrangements are not intrumentals or original vocals. And I have a nagging feeling that's going to be the case. (Thanks a lot Tony!!! )

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-28-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Old 03-29-2022, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Picture it...…
A small intimate theater with Christine front and center with special guests who worked on her solo album play her hits.

OR
Special guest Stevie Nicks. Plays a much larger venue because of chiffon heads. The crowd goes wild when Stevie takes the stage and her performance gets the lion share of the applause. People throw stuffed animals and flowers on stage for Stevie. She does 3 songs with Chris on stage and leaves. Part of the audience bolts from the theater after Stevie's exit.

I prefer option 1.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Picture it...…
A small intimate theater with Christine front and center with special guests who worked on her solo album play her hits.

OR
Special guest Stevie Nicks. Plays a much larger venue because of chiffon heads. The crowd goes wild when Stevie takes the stage and her performance gets the lion share of the applause. People throw stuffed animals and flowers on stage for Stevie. She does 3 songs with Chris on stage and leaves. Part of the audience bolts from the theater after Stevie's exit.

I prefer option 1.
Well, for me I'm not concerned about the fans, I'm more concerned about the show and her history. (Which like it or not, Stevie is a HUGE part of Christine's history.)

Nice London arena with orchestra. Christine in the middle with grand piano. Special guests: Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Lindsey Buckingham and more.

For me it's about the show and honoring her musical career. Not really caring about the fans who show up. I respect your opinion of chiffonheads, I just disagree on what we would like to see. (It's ok to argue about Christine, just don't argue about Stevie or Lindsey. It's not allowed on this board. )

And my billing is just a dream, just a dream just a dream knowing nothing ever changes even in the back of my mind.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Picture it...…

OR
Special guest Stevie Nicks. Plays a much larger venue because of chiffon heads. The crowd goes wild when Stevie takes the stage and her performance gets the lion share of the applause. People throw stuffed animals and flowers on stage for restimate the timpact of Stevie fans Stevie. She does 3 songs with Chris on stage and leaves. Part of the audience bolts from the theater after Stevie's exit.

I prefer option 1.
It’s a moot point anyway because if Christine does tour, it will no doubt be a limited engagement, and Stevie Nicks isn’t going to tour with Christine McVie, so your ‘worst case scenario’ wouldn’t happen. Which is good. But if you’re talking a one night event, kind of like the Peter Green tribute concert, then I would like Stevie there, along with Lindsey and Billy and various other folks who have been a part of Christine’s musical journey.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, for me I'm not concerned about the fans, I'm more concerned about the show and her history. (Which like it or not, Stevie is a HUGE part of Christine's history.)

Nice London arena with orchestra. Christine in the middle with grand piano. Special guests: Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Lindsey Buckingham and more.

For me it's about the show and honoring her musical career. Not really caring about the fans who show up. I respect your opinion of chiffonheads, I just disagree on what we would like to see. (It's ok to argue about Christine, just don't argue about Stevie or Lindsey. It's not allowed on this board. )

And my billing is just a dream, just a dream just a dream knowing nothing ever changes even in the back of my mind.
How about Billy Burnette? I know he was, in the picture, not a huge player in her career, but he did perform with Christine years before he joined FM. Besides, it would be the only opportunity we’d have to hear Love Shines and/or Heart of Stone. Now that’s a dream!

I love your list of special guests. Maybe the woman from Paramore, too, just to add a little youth to the event. She sang Everywhere live, so she must be a fan.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i cannot believe you are advocating this while saying you care about Christine.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"