Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2022, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Here's your big announcement...

This is what Christine's big announcement was, after all the specualtion. It's not a concert, an album, or even just a song. It's an auction.

https://twitter.com/christine_mcvie/...pD698WQBHr34sg

https://twitter.com/christine_mcvie/...3iIKngGxF9eVLw

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/na...-go-hammer-us/

'A collection of more than 700 Fleetwood Mac memorabilia items is expected to fetch thousands when it goes under the hammer in December.

The sale will include items belonging to three members of the award-winning British-American rock band – Mick Fleetwood and Christine and John McVie – from throughout their five-decade music careers.

Lots include instruments, awards, wardrobe items, equipment and memorabilia from the trio’s landmark recordings, live performances and appearances, as well as furnishings, artwork, jewellery, and personal items from their homes.

Highlights of the auction include Fleetwood’s Rumours album cover attire hanging balls, which are estimated to go for between 100-200,000 dollars (£88-176,000) (Julien’s Auctions/PA)

The sale will be hosted by Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, with a portion of proceeds going to MusiCares, on December 3 and 4.

Highlights of the auction include Fleetwood’s Rumours album cover attire hanging balls, which are estimated to go for 100-200,000 dollars (£88-176,000).

The musician’s stage-played talking drum, 40-inch Zildjian traditional gong, Bill Clinton-signed drumhead and farewell concert setlist, as well as his 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame award, will also feature in the sale.

Christine McVie’s Yamaha C3 ‘Songbird’ baby grand piano, will also be on sale (Julien’s Auctions/PA)

Christine McVie’s Rumours photo-matched album cover-worn dress and Yamaha C3 “Songbird” baby grand piano, are expected to go for up to 20,000 dollars (£17,600) and 60,000 dollars (£53,000) respectively.

John McVie’s Rumours photo-matched custom alembic “continuously fretted” stainless steel fingerboard electric bass guitar is expected to fetch 40-60,000 dollars (£35-53,000).

The instrument was used extensively by John McVie both in studio and onstage from 1976 to 1980, notably on The Chain, which features one of the most iconic bass breaks in the history of rock and roll.

A bass guitar used by John McVie on the hit song The Chain, will feature in the sale (Julien’s Auctions/PA)

Despite its tumultuous history, Fleetwood Mac became one of the well-known rock bands of the 1970s and 80s, comprising Fleetwood and the McVies, as well as Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Perhaps their best known record Rumours, released in 1977, became one of the best-selling albums of all time, and included hits such as Go Your Own Way, Second Hand News and You Make Loving Fun.

In addition to several multi-platinum tracks, the record sold over 40 million copies worldwide.

Buckingham was acrimoniously fired in 2018, later taking his former bandmates to court over the dismissal.

“Julien’s Auctions is honoured to offer this exceptional collection of music history coming directly from the legendary three members of one of the most influential and rock and roll bands of all time, Fleetwood Mac,” said Martin Nolan, executive director of Julien’s Auctions.

“These pieces from their storied five-decade career represent the mystique and magic of Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood, whose renowned musicianship, songwriting, vocal harmonies and camaraderie, have given the world a lifetime of illustrious performances and some of the most beloved and best-selling music ever recorded.”
Old 10-07-2022, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
“These pieces from their storied five-decade career represent the mystique and magic of Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood, whose renowned musicianship, songwriting, vocal harmonies and camaraderie, have given the world a lifetime of illustrious performances and some of the most beloved and best-selling music ever recorded.”
Ah yes, those magic vocal harmonies of Christine, John, and Mick.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL and here we though there was some sort of motivation behind all of the super HD videos from The Dance being uploaded to YouTube. Who the f*ck were we kidding...
Old 10-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd kill to have Christine's piano, but that's about it.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No grammy included. I guess it is forbidden to sell it. I read Oscars are forbidden.
I found a bit sad someone wanted to sell an award.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:43 AM

It is pretty sad that you would sell an award like that.
Old 10-15-2022, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Why keep an award of which every time you look at it, it will remind you of the time you booted LB out of the band?
Old 10-15-2022, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Its what people do when they hit rock bottom. There have been destitute former NFL stars broke and resorted to selling their Super Bowl ring. Mick is this desperate or it does not mean that much to him? Either scenario is pathetic.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its what people do when they hit rock bottom. There have been destitute former NFL stars broke and resorted to selling their Super Bowl ring. Mick is this desperate or it does not mean that much to him? Either scenario is pathetic.
Probably the former.How many times has be been broke? Even near the height of the band's popularity . I for one would love to see him die in penury.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Probably the former.How many times has be been broke? Even near the height of the band's popularity . I for one would love to see him die in penury.
OMFG. How rude. And true! Marry me?
Old 10-16-2022, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems to be pattern…

https://youtu.be/B-km04FAoYA
Old 10-17-2022, 07:48 AM

Lord, she looks good!