The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mystery to Me is in great company! A dream come true would be a documentary on the making of these early 70's albums. There is a short Kiln House doc out there but seeing the making of Bare Trees and Mystery to Me would be a gem to watch.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Mystery to Me is in great company! A dream come true would be a documentary on the making of these early 70's albums. There is a short Kiln House doc out there but seeing the making of Bare Trees and Mystery to Me would be a gem to watch.
Except the band insists that that era never happened.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Homer- so true, and it drives me absolutely bonkers. At least for the past two years only the early 70's masterpiece remasters, the live remaster and Lindsey's great new album have been on my play list with one or two occasional Rumours spins.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Homer- so true, and it drives me absolutely bonkers. At least for the past two years only the early 70's masterpiece remasters, the live remaster and Lindsey's great new album have been on my play list with one or two occasional Rumours spins.
The Welch albums were some of the finest music they ever released.

Mick Fleetwood is an idiot. That is all.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would have loved even a few mins of footage from each of their 1971-74 recording sessions. I’m really curious how “Nightwatch” got built. It’s a moody, mystical tune in the same universe as “Future Games” but the arrangement and recording of it are remarkably advanced. It seems that with that song, they traveled from one level to another. The instruments are so crisp and clear, the block harmonies are killer, and all three of the guitars are doing very different things. It’s the centerpiece of PENGUIN but also a major turning point in the band’s musical conception. Even though Green plays a few choice notes on it, there is no sense of looking back with nostalgia or regret. It sounds and feels like a confident expression of the Welch-McVie studio partnership. Green’s contribution is as a color or texture—something Lindsey would later do on “Brown Eyes.”