The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sounds like you might not support reparations.

"Enititled" is the word republicans use. She's not required to but if she buys what she's selling, but she could help a person of color and also profit from this NFT sale.
Who would?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-24-2021, 10:54 AM
paleshadow's Avatar
paleshadow paleshadow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sounds like you might not support reparations.

"Enititled" is the word republicans use. She's not required to but if she buys what she's selling, but she could help a person of color and also profit from this NFT sale.
Well, she already helped him pay cash for a $300+ k house. I think he should have slowed his roll and invested some of his profits because it seems like he is going to need to find another hustle just to pay for his new lifestyle.

https://1033wvyb.com/2020/11/16/the-...0Idaho%20Falls.
__________________
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/dsaje/nicks.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-25-2021, 03:11 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 760
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sounds like you might not support reparations.

"Enititled" is the word republicans use. She's not required to but if she buys what she's selling, but she could help a person of color and also profit from this NFT sale.
WTF do 'reparations' have to do with this discussion?
I don't blame her for not handing over half of the song to his pet project. She should quote Tom to him.... 'Write your own song'
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-25-2021, 04:49 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
WTF do 'reparations' have to do with this discussion?
I don't blame her for not handing over half of the song to his pet project. She should quote Tom to him.... 'Write your own song'
A-men!!
Its greedy and tacky. But running to TMZ claiming to be a victim of Stevie Nicks is beyond reality. He wants to "share" Stevie's song with her. Only $250,000!!!

I don't understand why we cant have nice things. People always find a way to ruin a good thing.
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:12 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires. Reason: sigh
  #35  
Old 03-25-2021, 04:31 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
WTF do 'reparations' have to do with this discussion?
I don't blame her for not handing over half of the song to his pet project. She should quote Tom to him.... 'Write your own song'
Exactly. But havenít you seen her new video - she is a flaming liberal now! She has jumped on board that bandwagon because itís the in thing to do. She should give away all her money and flog herself 10x a day to ease her white guilt. It would be good PR.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-25-2021, 06:26 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,455
Default

which video are we referring to her? Her last song video about the Kennedys???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-25-2021, 09:59 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
which video are we referring to her? Her last song video about the Kennedys???
Certain supporters of the former occupant of the White House don't like things that call for racial equality for all . They find it threatening. I liked the video but the song itself is unlistenable.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-25-2021, 10:30 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,637
Default

Jondalar and Unwinded Dreams, unless we’re discussing something like Soldier’s Angel, I think it’s more than possible to discuss Stevie and Fleetwood Mac without making political statements and dragging in entirely unrelated issues to provoke debate. Please stop it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-26-2021, 08:39 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Jondalar and Unwinded Dreams, unless weíre discussing something like Soldierís Angel, I think itís more than possible to discuss Stevie and Fleetwood Mac without making political statements and dragging in entirely unrelated issues to provoke debate. Please stop it.
Administrator, I must respond. I shared the TMZ article with my Hispanic friends and they shared the sentiments of Nathan. He brought the TikTok excitement which brough Rumours and Dreams to the top again. They felt that a person of color was being cheated for bringing an old white woman money. If you feel that's political, I'm sorry. I thought it's real world perspective.

I don't think Soldier's Angel is a political song. It's really about supporting the military. Show Them the Way is more political.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Certain supporters of the former occupant of the White House don't like things that call for racial equality for all . They find it threatening. I liked the video but the song itself is unlistenable.
She asked for us to stop posting stuff like and you did anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-26-2021, 12:44 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She asked for us to stop posting stuff like and you did anyway.
My post was before hers..typical.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-26-2021, 02:38 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Administrator, I must respond. I shared the TMZ article with my Hispanic friends and they shared the sentiments of Nathan. He brought the TikTok excitement which brough Rumours and Dreams to the top again. They felt that a person of color was being cheated for bringing an old white woman money. If you feel that's political, I'm sorry. I thought it's real world perspective.

I don't think Soldier's Angel is a political song. It's really about supporting the military. Show Them the Way is more political.
You do agree that Nathan enriched himself handsomely over his video? On this instance, I don't think his race has anything to do with this conversation. His video did bring Stevie a few extra dollars. But it also got him significantly richer and famous. He is not a victim. He was creative and used someone else's song. For that, he hit the lottery. As ridiculous as it is for him to ask Stevie to split proceeds of her own song, it would be equally ridiculous for Stevie to ask him to pay her from his riches he made off her song.
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-26-2021, 03:04 PM
mylittledemon's Avatar
mylittledemon mylittledemon is offline
Moderator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 8,441
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
We're told Doggface's team offered Stevie -- who wrote the song -- 50 percent from the sale ... but she shot it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
He is not a victim. He was creative and used someone else's song. For that, he hit the lottery. As ridiculous as it is for him to ask Stevie to split proceeds of her own song, it would be equally ridiculous for Stevie to ask him to pay her from his riches he made off her song.
Maybe if "Doggface" had olive-branched a 60/40 deal, Stevie's camp might have taken more kindly to it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-26-2021, 03:43 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You do agree that Nathan enriched himself handsomely over his video? On this instance, I don't think his race has anything to do with this conversation. His video did bring Stevie a few extra dollars. But it also got him significantly richer and famous. He is not a victim. He was creative and used someone else's song. For that, he hit the lottery. As ridiculous as it is for him to ask Stevie to split proceeds of her own song, it would be equally ridiculous for Stevie to ask him to pay her from his riches he made off her song.
I'm not going to reply just out of the Executive's wishes. But I'm happy to talk with you via P.M. But I do want to thank you for being really respectful in your response to me. You deserve much praise and only success in your life. Thank you so much Macfan4life!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-26-2021, 09:17 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm not going to reply just out of the Executive's wishes. But I'm happy to talk with you via P.M. But I do want to thank you for being really respectful in your response to me. You deserve much praise and only success in your life. Thank you so much Macfan4life!
Macfan4life is the BEST.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD CHRISTINE MCVIE MOUNTED CD DISPLAY RARE TUSK
$324.85
SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD CHRISTINE MCVIE MOUNTED CD DISPLAY RARE TUSK pictureFLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM pictureCHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876
$149.99
CHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876 pictureFLEETWOOD MAC BOB WELCH CHRISTINE McVIE Go Your Own Way Rhiannon SLIDE 37
$35.0
FLEETWOOD MAC BOB WELCH CHRISTINE McVIE Go Your Own Way Rhiannon  SLIDE 37 pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved