The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2022, 02:38 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,662
Default Shouldn't Lindsey post something about Christine's passing - WTF!

Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 12-01-2022, 03:15 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,736
Default

I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't understand either. I hope he is ok. Some believed his tuesday post was related to, but I don't think so, since it shows a young Lindsey picture. Doesn't make enough sense.

Each one faces their grief in a different way, so I won't judge. But it surprises me anyway.
You know you are right. I bet there is something wrong with him to. He has had a lot of health problems and been near death.

You wqtch. Stevie and Mick, the two coke heads, will out live everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2022, 04:20 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,580
Default

I’m also surprised we haven’t heard from John.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2022, 04:31 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Iím also surprised we havenít heard from John.
If John shares a written statement, I think it'll be shared to RollingStone. I have no recent memory of John in print press other than the RollingStone interview in 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2022, 05:32 PM
Karlie's Avatar
Karlie Karlie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 661
Default

When Brett passed, Lindsey posted about him a week later. Heís probably just taking time to process and figure out what to say. Everyone grieves on a different timeline. If we donít see anything from him a week from now, then Iíd be worried.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2022, 05:55 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,161
Default

He just did.
Christine McVieís sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2022, 05:57 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,603
Default

Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:01 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
That is really heartbreaking.

Thank you for sharing this, HM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:21 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Seriously. No.
People grieve different ways. Making him run to twitter and typing words is insulting to think makes him care more. The people most devastated are usually silent at this time. Lindsey has had a horrific 2022. His tour was delayed because of Covid. Then it started and the whole band got Covid. Then it resumed and Brett passed. The band carried on with so many mysterious cancellations. As soon as his world tour ends Christine passes away. His marriage was on the rocks the year prior too. He does not need to tweet to justify to the world that he cares about Christine. Everyone knows the special bond they had.
Yeah. I am glad Lindsey posted, but I most definitely donít think John needs to say a single thing publicly. Not a thing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:25 PM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Itís nothing to do with us how long it took him to find the right words to express his feelings. Itís a beautiful statement. You should probably delete this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:31 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He just did.
Christine McVieís sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
It's not even that sentimental and it made me tear up. Very nice.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:38 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 12,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He just did.


Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:41 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Why doesn't he post something about her passing? I really like Lindsey but this is rubbing me the wrong way.
Lindsey is the polar opposite of Stevie. He takes time to internally process his thoughts and then speak just the right words (if at all...). Chris wouldn't expect anything less from him. That a message from him has been published this quickly is actually surprising to me.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2022, 06:42 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.
I also imagine John is devastated.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


FLEETWOOD MAC T-Shirt 2014-2015 World Tour, Size LARGE, NEW & UNWORN picture

FLEETWOOD MAC T-Shirt 2014-2015 World Tour, Size LARGE, NEW & UNWORN

$29.99



Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits CD picture

Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits CD

$6.19



Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New Vinyl LP] picture

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New Vinyl LP]

$24.55



Fleetwoodmac Rumours T-Shirt Size XL: Adult Unisex: One Small Stain picture

Fleetwoodmac Rumours T-Shirt Size XL: Adult Unisex: One Small Stain

$5.00



Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD] picture

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD]

$8.62




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved