User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Wait. What? Who? Live stuff at this auction?
Yes, it is mentioned in the description somewhere. My best guess though is that it'll be the same footage from Day on the Green that you have so generously shared with us already, if they have video footage of anything.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes, it is mentioned in the description somewhere. My best guess though is that it'll be the same footage from Day on the Green that you have so generously shared with us already, if they have video footage of anything.
I must have missed that ...
Old 11-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Has anyone bid on any items? They allow you to online bid before the big auction next month. I must say they have some fun keepsakes that I am tempted on bidding on but I know I wont win. For example, Chris's ashtray from the Mirage tour with cigarette ash and burns still on the tray. I love stuff like this. Makes me want to take up smoking just so I could use it. Chris is selling lots of shoes, boots and clothes but I love her keepsakes.
Now I know what they are doing. The fans will make some great bids on these items but the big dollar bidders will blow everyone out of the water come auction day.
Old 11-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I looked today. I didn't see any live stuff. Chris does have the best to offer. Clothes, jewelry, awards and shoes and pianos and trinkets. I did place about 3 or 4 bids on some jewelry and a vase. We shall see how high things go. I would bid on some of the clothes and shoes, but she isn't my size. She has great taste. John is selling mostly equipment and his bass guitars. Mick is selling anything he can. There are fabric swatches you can bid on. Good lord who want those things. It will be interesting to see what sells and for how high. I just feel like this is the core group saying goodbye, we are done. Very sad.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-20-2022, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
For example, Chris's ashtray from the Mirage tour with cigarette ash and burns still on the tray. .
I wonder if her DNA can be extracted from any of those things, to get a new cloned Christine

And while reading this, I also recalled a scene from Priscilla Queen of the Desert, when Adam showed her most precious treasure, a really personal stuff of Agnetha Fältskog (if you haven't see the movie, you don't wanna know what it was, actually a disgusting souvenir )
Old 11-20-2022, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I wonder if her DNA can be extracted from any of those things, to get a new cloned Christine
There are some water bottles she used on the most recent tour - that's probably your best bet for DNA.

Looking through everything I realized she and I wear the same sizes in clothes and shoes, which is cool but way too tempting to bid on everything.
Old 11-21-2022, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw that Mick is also selling his Bare Trees gold record award. I cant imagine that. If I was a rock star I can understand selling clothes and clutter items. But I would want my gold and platinum record awards on my office wall. But then again he is the only rock star to sell his RRHOF award.

BTW, people are bidding big bucks for Mick's top hats and balls.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2022 at 06:29 AM..
Old 11-21-2022, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw that Mick is also selling his Bare Trees gold record award. I cant imagine that. If I was a rock star I can understand selling clothes and clutter items. But I would want my gold and platinum record awards on my office wall. But then again he is the only rock star to sell his RRHOF award.

BTW, people are bidding big bucks for Mick's top hats and balls.
What a schmuck. Apparently this is THE END of our band.

I wouldn't want that hat or his clothes. I'll bet they smell. Ain't no Tide gonna wash his funk away.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What a schmuck. Apparently this is THE END of our band.

I wouldn't want that hat or his clothes. I'll bet they smell. Ain't no Tide gonna wash his funk away.
I would think the achievement of gold and platinum records would be passed on to his kids and grandkids showcasing his success. When Bare Trees was released it would have been a dream for the album to go Gold. Who would guess that the album eventually did go Gold many years after release and Mick would sell his gold record. You would think he was destitute.

I wish I was rich and had lots of money to waste. I would buy his balls for the hundred thousand or more then make a Tik Tok video smashing them with a hammer while Dreams played. No skateboard needed.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2022 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-21-2022, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Rolling Stones lasting twenty, thirty years — what a stupid idea that would be.
— Lester Bangs, CREEM, December 1973

Rock — the firebrand art of youth, folly, and intensity — met the mass audience and transformed into the geriatric nostalgia and Big Money of “defibrillator” tours. Maybe rock should have disintegrated early, like Beat poetry.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2022, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would think the achievement of gold and platinum records would be passed on to his kids and grandkids showcasing his success. When Bare Trees was released it would have been a dream for the album to go Gold. Who would guess that the album eventually did go Gold many years after release and Mick would sell his gold record. You would think he was destitute.
If my dad was a famous rocker who left me his gold or platinum albums when he died, the first thing I would do is sell them. Maybe Mick knows his kids have no interest in that stuff and has decided to cash in now and make the money part of their inheritance. Who knows? Would I do that, if I had gold or platinum certificates? No. But if they were my dads? Hell yeah I’d sell them. And selling his RRHOF trophy isn’t a big deal to me- whether he keeps the award or sells it or melts it for scrap metal or uses it as a door stopper, he’s still in the HOF regardless. It’s not an insult if he offers it for auction. The honor is still his, no matter what he does with the trophy.

At least the fans have a chance to buy the items.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If my dad was a famous rocker who left me his gold or platinum albums when he died, the first thing I would do is sell them. Maybe Mick knows his kids have no interest in that stuff and has decided to cash in now and make the money part of their inheritance. Who knows? Would I do that, if I had gold or platinum certificates? No. But if they were my dads? Hell yeah I’d sell them. And selling his RRHOF trophy isn’t a big deal to me- whether he keeps the award or sells it or melts it for scrap metal or uses it as a door stopper, he’s still in the HOF regardless. It’s not an insult if he offers it for auction. The honor is still his, no matter what he does with the trophy.

Oh come on now

If Ye won a Grammy and melted it down and flushed it down the toilet you would say the same thing? Its not disrespectful since he still won it. How could you not think its tacky and disrespectful to the RRHOF. Whether you sell it, throw it away, melt it down and flush it, its all the same disrespect IMHO. Why bother to go to the ceremony if you treat their honor and gift with monetary greed. Clearly he thinks the RRHOF is no big deal now because he's not selling his Rumours Grammy. Its just more disrespect to the RRHOF and I hate the RRHOF. But the Mac was one of the first bands to get in so it did mean something back then especially the great lengths Mick went to make sure Bob Welch was not invited.

The record awards are not monetary in my book. Its more ceremony. I think they look so cool hanging on a wall especially today since albums dont really sell anymore. If you don't want such a music honor then donate them to the Hard Rock somewhere.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2022 at 04:56 PM..
Old 11-21-2022, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh come on now

If Ye won a Grammy and melted it down and flushed it down the toilet you would say the same thing? Its not disrespectful since he still won it. How could you not think its tacky and disrespectful to the RRHOF. Whether you sell it, throw it away, melt it down and flush it, its all the same disrespect IMHO. Why bother to go to the ceremony if you treat their honor and gift with monetary greed. Clearly he thinks the RRHOF is no big deal now because he's not selling his Rumours Grammy. Its just more disrespect to the RRHOF and I hate the RRHOF. But the Mac was one of the first bands to get in so it did mean something back then especially the great lengths Mick went to make sure Bob Welch was not invited.

The record awards are not monetary in my book. Its more ceremony. I think they look so cool hanging on a wall especially today since albums dont really sell anymore. If you don't want such a music honor then donate them to the Hard Rock somewhere.
Well, if Mick melted it and flushed it down the toilet, then yeah, you’re right, that would be disrespectful. But that’s totally different then letting fans bid on it, in my eyes.

I’m curious what you meant when you said FM was one of the first bands inducted into the RARHOF. They were? I thought they had been nominated several times, but were only inducted after the Dance came out.

I also wasn’t aware Mick worked hard to keep Bob Welch from being included. I thought the band took a vote and Lindsey and Stevie were outvoted. Or maybe I am misremembering or read inaccurate information about that. I don’t remember Mick being the mastermind behind the decision to keep Bob free being part of the honor.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if Mick melted it and flushed it down the toilet, then yeah, you’re right, that would be disrespectful. But that’s totally different then letting fans bid on it, in my eyes.

I’m curious what you meant when you said FM was one of the first bands inducted into the RARHOF. They were? I thought they had been nominated several times, but were only inducted after the Dance came out.

I also wasn’t aware Mick worked hard to keep Bob Welch from being included. I thought the band took a vote and Lindsey and Stevie were outvoted. Or maybe I am misremembering or read inaccurate information about that. I don’t remember Mick being the mastermind behind the decision to keep Bob free being part of the honor.
My brain and fingers were not on the same page. I meant to say they got in first ballot which is an honor which means the first year they were eligible they made it. Is it not 20 years before someone can be nominated?
At least my memory is they got in first ballot. In any event, IMHO it does not matter when. Mick will be the first living member to sell his award I believe.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You're absolutely RIDICULOUS. That is all.