User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Let's get real....six years later, this isn't about honoring Tom. It's nothing more than "everyone loves this song, it's a big sing along that I can put in my set that wins over everyone"

It's one more perverse move in her thirty year quest to be in the Heartbreakers.
And playing For What It's Worth is laziness? The 2022 midterms are long gone and there are no high notes in the song.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And playing For What It's Worth is laziness? The 2022 midterms are long gone and there are no high notes in the song.
Are you asking me if I think FWIW is lazy? At least it's something she felt compelled to record and release.

Free Falling was initially recorded in 1996 and didn't make it into a set until Tom's passing.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you asking me if I think FWIW is lazy? At least it's something she felt compelled to record and release.
She felt compelled to record and release Show Them The Way but it didn't make a splash so she released FWIW, which also didn't chart, but people know the song from hearing it on classic rock radio and oldies hit radio.

For What It's Worth is an easy song to sing. Feet planted on the ground for that one.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy Anniversary to Show Them the Way!

3 years ago this week Stevie released Show Them The Way.

9 years ago this week Stevie released her most recent album, Songs From The Vault.

And the setlist doesn't have any songs from 2014 on in it.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
3 years ago this week Stevie released Show Them The Way.

9 years ago this week Stevie released her most recent album, Songs From The Vault.

And the setlist doesn't have any songs from 2014 on in it.
The set barely has anything from after 2000 on it. Or 1983. Her “legendary” RRHOF solo career is basically two albums. She ignores incredible amounts of her songs - it’s pretty crazy.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The set barely has anything from after 2000 on it. Or 1983. Her “legendary” RRHOF solo career is basically two albums. She ignores incredible amounts of her songs - it’s pretty crazy.
But the masses don't care. They are there for her concert staples. When her tour started this year she was playing ALL of her Fleetwood Mac hits including Sara and Gypsy. That had not happened since her early solo days. Its like someone told her....Stevie, Fleetwood Mac is not around anymore and the fans want all the hits.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But the masses don't care. They are there for her concert staples. When her tour started this year she was playing ALL of her Fleetwood Mac hits including Sara and Gypsy. That had not happened since her early solo days. Its like someone told her....Stevie, Fleetwood Mac is not around anymore and the fans want all the hits.
For a self proclaimed prolific songwriter, she is truly just a commercial sellout. That she literally ignores almost all of her solo career is embarrassing. This lady rambles about her songs being her children then ignores 80% of them and just trudges out the same tired BS tour after tour.

I don’t understand her premise.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
For a self proclaimed prolific songwriter, she is truly just a commercial sellout. That she literally ignores almost all of her solo career is embarrassing. This lady rambles about her songs being her children then ignores 80% of them and just trudges out the same tired BS tour after tour.

I don’t understand her premise.
I am not defending her but she became an oldies act long ago. Even the Mac was an oldies band. Once the cash grab tours of the late 90s began, they sucked all the creativity out of bands. Smokey Robinson (another oldies act) was on Howard Stern a few years ago and he was asked how he picks what songs to perform. Like the oldies act he is, he described the songs he "has" to do.
This is what is so refreshing about Bruce. He can perform a set without one single and the crowd will know every song. Fleetwood Mac has always had weird fans (like we did not know lol). Several members stated that during their Rumours tour they needed to dial back the amount of new songs because the audience was not into them. To think Rumours is considered one of the best albums of all time yet the audience was not into it when it was fresh? This is why I have always believed that Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks always do their #1 song as the second or third song in the set to keep their shallow audience interested. Good grief if the band does a deep track its a mass exodus to the snack bar. Her creativity dried up decades ago. She's an oldies act living off Dreams, Stand Back, Rhiannon, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman and Edge of 17.
Old 10-15-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the masses don't care. They are there for her concert staples. When her tour started this year she was playing ALL of her Fleetwood Mac hits including Sara and Gypsy. That had not happened since her early solo days. It’s like someone told her....Stevie, Fleetwood Mac is not around anymore and the fans want all the hits.
If Stevie is never going to make another album or play in FM again, I would love her to do a 50 Year Celebration Tour like Madonna started last night (Macfan4life, I’m aware you think Madonna’s a hack). The tour goes through her history.
This morning I Don’t Want To Know was on Sirius Classic Rock; Stevie can play that one as a co-lead with her bgvocalists, Waddy, and Al, like she did with Buckingham Nicks’ Crying In The Night. If she resents the song, do Silver Springs. Angel was a deep cut but it could replace I Sing For The Things.

Something must be up with Talk To Me because it’s her second biggest hit and hasn’t been played in 30 years.
Old 10-15-2023, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Stevie is never going to make another album or play in FM again, I would love her to do a 50 Year Celebration Tour like Madonna started last night (Macfan4life, I’m aware you think Madonna’s a hack). The tour goes through her history.
This morning I Don’t Want To Know was on Sirius Classic Rock; Stevie can play that one as a co-lead with her bgvocalists, Waddy, and Al, like she did with Buckingham Nicks’ Crying In The Night. If she resents the song, do Silver Springs. Angel was a deep cut but it could replace I Sing For The Things.

Something must be up with Talk To Me because it’s her second biggest hit and hasn’t been played in 30 years.
But she did not write Talk To Me so I can understand why she does not like it. Leather and Lace is her third biggest hit single and she does not do it. Waddy is the one that talked her into doing Crying In The Night.
However remember her solo sets post TISRL tour in the early, mid and late 2000's. They were her worst setlists. They were short and she would do songs like Crash Into Me and other stuff and ignore her catalog worse then than now. And she was younger and could have done more songs. Her Enchanted Tour was really good. She dug into the vault for Sleeping Angel, Rose Garden, Garbo, After the Glitter Fades, and Twisted. She even dug out Gold and Braid which had not been performed for a very long time.
Old 10-15-2023, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But she did not write Talk To Me so I can understand why she does not like it. Leather and Lace is her third biggest hit single and she does not do it. Waddy is the one that talked her into doing Crying In The Night.
However remember her solo sets post TISRL tour in the early, mid and late 2000's. They were her worst setlists. They were short and she would do songs like Crash Into Me and other stuff and ignore her catalog worse then than now. And she was younger and could have done more songs. Her Enchanted Tour was really good. She dug into the vault for Sleeping Angel, Rose Garden, Garbo, After the Glitter Fades, and Twisted. She even dug out Gold and Braid which had not been performed for a very long time.
She could tell a story about Jimmy Iovine once again bringing her a single for her album Rock A Little like he did for her first album and the crowd would roar for the opening of Talk To Me.
I saw her do Leather and Lace a number of times in 2016 and then she replaced it with Landslide. As for not doing it on your since, I think she needed to swap something for Free Fallin.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, the Enchanted tour was the last tour she did that wasn't phoned in. That tour and the club shows she did with the Foo Fighters are probably the most exciting things she's done in the past 25 years. She pulled out a few goodies for the vault tour, but things like Golden Braid were a real shadow of their former selves by that point.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, the Enchanted tour was the last tour she did that wasn't phoned in. That tour and the club shows she did with the Foo Fighters are probably the most exciting things she's done in the past 25 years. She pulled out a few goodies for the vault tour, but things like Golden Braid were a real shadow of their former selves by that point.
I thought the Trouble in Shangri-La tour had a ton of new songs performed from the album. But yes, her set list is stagnant except on those rare occasions.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2011 In Your Dreams Tour was the last great one in my view, Stevie doing 7 new songs?! I think only Bruce does 7 new songs these days for a classic rock act!
Plus you also had her doing 2 songs from TISL so it was really like 9 new songs.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Marilyn Martin did not sing at the show in Minneapolis tonight. Stevie's vocal coach sang alongside Sharon.

It's interesting that when Sharon was out sick, Marilyn sang standing alone but with Sharon's prerecorded vocals accompanying Marilyn's vocals.