User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default Christine McVie clarifies comments

Christine McVie clarifies comments that Fleetwood Mac is done. Check my postings as I foretold this was going to happen. She spoke honestly but off the cuff. People tweeted and ran with false and misleading headlines that were unfair to her and the band.
Now it is official

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ments-1129059/

From Rolling Stone:

Last week, Christine McVie stunned Fleetwood Mac fans when she told the BBC she didn’t know if the band would ever tour again. “If we do, it will be without John [McVie] and without Stevie [Nicks], I think,” she said. “I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now, especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I can get myself back into it again.”

“[John] is feeling a little bit frail,” she continued. “You know he was ill. He’s fine, but he just hasn’t got the heart for it any more. He wants to get on his boat. You reach a certain age where you go: ‘Hey, I’m not going to bust a gut doing this anymore.'”

She concluded by saying that only drummer Mick Fleetwood would definitely be down for another tour. “[He] would do it in a lightning strike,” she said. “But I couldn’t possibly say. We’re certainly not touring this year either.”

The comments generated headlines around the world. But now, McVie has clarified to Rolling Stone where the group stands with regard to future touring.

“First and foremost, I’m thrilled to see that everyone still cares so much about Fleetwood Mac, how humbling to know what a lasting impact this band has had,” she said. “To clarify my recent comments, I was specifically asked if Fleetwood Mac would tour again. I gave a cheeky answer indicating that the band might be ‘done with that’ or ‘you just never know.’ I always intended to convey that, particularly after the last year, we just don’t know what the future holds.

“In no way are any members of Fleetwood Mac ‘done’ with being part of the band,” she continues. “If anyone took that from my statement, that was a misperception and not intended. Fleetwood Mac is part of the DNA of who I am, and I know the same is true for Stevie, Mick and John. As for future touring………Who knows. We continue to hope for the best.”

The band has been on hiatus since the conclusion of their An Evening With Fleetwood Mac tour in November 2019. It was their first tour since parting ways with singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and bringing Crowded House’s Neil Finn and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell into the fold.

In February 2020, Mick Fleetwood staged a tribute concert to Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green at the London Palladium featuring Pete Townshend, David Gilmour, Steven Tyler, Billy Gibbons, Neil Finn, John Mayall, Kirk Hammett and Christine McVie. It’s coming to movie theaters on March 23rd and March 28th and will be released as a live album and DVD on April 30th.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She doesn't say FM is in the dna of Neil and Mike... contractors not members... just doing the job to feed their families. Good for them!
Old 02-17-2021, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She doesn't say FM is in the dna of Neil and Mike... contractors not members... just doing the job to feed their families. Good for them!
Umm, they’re completely loaded independent of Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2021, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, they’re pretty wealthy, I would imagine.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-17-2021, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Do your feelings get hurt when it's expressed that Neil Finn is not a true member of Fleetwood Mac? If they do, I am sorry.

Chris didn't mention Mike or Neil because Mike and Neil were more like Adam Lambert or Paul Rodgers + Queen; privileged guests invited to sing the songs of the band
Mike doesn't have TP and the HBs anymore
When Crowded House or Split Enz plays the States, they play the small venues Lindsey plays.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do your feelings get hurt when it's expressed that Neil Finn is not a true member of Fleetwood Mac? If they do, I am sorry.

Chris didn't mention Mike or Neil because Mike and Neil were more like Adam Lambert or Paul Rodgers + Queen; privileged guests invited to sing the songs of the band
When Crowded House or Split Enz plays the States, they play the small venues Lindsey plays.
All I said is that both are independently wealthy outside of Fleetwood Mac.

To suggest that either guy needs the money is comical. Both are multimillionaires with legendary careers.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2021, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Christine McVie clarifies comments that Fleetwood Mac is done. Check my postings as I foretold this was going to happen. She spoke honestly but off the cuff. People tweeted and ran with false and misleading headlines that were unfair to her and the band.
Now it is official

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ments-1129059/

From Rolling Stone:

Last week, Christine McVie stunned Fleetwood Mac fans when she told the BBC she didn’t know if the band would ever tour again. “If we do, it will be without John [McVie] and without Stevie [Nicks], I think,” she said. “I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now, especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I can get myself back into it again.”

“[John] is feeling a little bit frail,” she continued. “You know he was ill. He’s fine, but he just hasn’t got the heart for it any more. He wants to get on his boat. You reach a certain age where you go: ‘Hey, I’m not going to bust a gut doing this anymore.'”

She concluded by saying that only drummer Mick Fleetwood would definitely be down for another tour. “[He] would do it in a lightning strike,” she said. “But I couldn’t possibly say. We’re certainly not touring this year either.”

The comments generated headlines around the world. But now, McVie has clarified to Rolling Stone where the group stands with regard to future touring.

“First and foremost, I’m thrilled to see that everyone still cares so much about Fleetwood Mac, how humbling to know what a lasting impact this band has had,” she said. “To clarify my recent comments, I was specifically asked if Fleetwood Mac would tour again. I gave a cheeky answer indicating that the band might be ‘done with that’ or ‘you just never know.’ I always intended to convey that, particularly after the last year, we just don’t know what the future holds.

“In no way are any members of Fleetwood Mac ‘done’ with being part of the band,” she continues. “If anyone took that from my statement, that was a misperception and not intended. Fleetwood Mac is part of the DNA of who I am, and I know the same is true for Stevie, Mick and John. As for future touring………Who knows. We continue to hope for the best.”

The band has been on hiatus since the conclusion of their An Evening With Fleetwood Mac tour in November 2019. It was their first tour since parting ways with singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and bringing Crowded House’s Neil Finn and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell into the fold.

In February 2020, Mick Fleetwood staged a tribute concert to Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green at the London Palladium featuring Pete Townshend, David Gilmour, Steven Tyler, Billy Gibbons, Neil Finn, John Mayall, Kirk Hammett and Christine McVie. It’s coming to movie theaters on March 23rd and March 28th and will be released as a live album and DVD on April 30th.
hehe she must have gotten SN's mgmt call after her little interview [un]expectedly exploded. fun never ends!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2021, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, Mike gets royalties off the songs he wrote for other people, like Stevie, as in, Stop Dragging My Heart Around, etc; he also wrote for/with Don Henley, (Boys of Summer, Heart of the Matter) and cowrote so many HB hits (Refugee, Running Down A Dream, You Got Lucky, etc etc) so the value of his catalogue should he ever decide to sell his share is pretty freakin high. He might not sell out arenas on his own, but... dude is definitely loaded.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, Mike gets royalties off the songs he wrote for other people, like Stevie, as in, Stop Dragging My Heart Around, etc; he also wrote for/with Don Henley, (Boys of Summer, Heart of the Matter) and cowrote so many HB hits (Refugee, Running Down A Dream, You Got Lucky, etc etc) so the value of his catalogue should he ever decide to sell his share is pretty freakin high. He might not sell out arenas on his own, but... dude is definitely loaded.
According to da Googles, Mike is worth 60M. John McVie is worth 50M, if that gives anyone a reference point. That shows where songwriter's extra shares really add to the pile.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
According to da Googles, Mike is worth 60M. John McVie is worth 50M, if that gives anyone a reference point. That shows where songwriter's extra shares really add to the pile.
John does get Rumours royalties, so it does speak to the value of an album that continues to sell and sell......
Old 02-18-2021, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
John does get Rumours royalties, so it does speak to the value of an album that continues to sell and sell......
And yet he can probably go ANYWHERE and not be bothered by idiotic fans.

I wanna be John McVie when I grow up!!! With proper enunciating!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:31 AM

She never really said anyone quit. She just said the question was impossible to answer and that John expressed what he had to her. Also, that she didn't think Stevie would tour with FMac again.

The headline was a bit, "bait and switch".
Old 02-18-2021, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s kind of funny that at nearly 80 Christine gets in trouble with the band and has to make an official “clarification” and apology. In her own way she is still the voice of reason and honesty, albeit now wrapped in a slightly doddering package. And even from her quiet little nest in England she can still get everyone up in arms by speaking the truth.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It’s kind of funny that at nearly 80 Christine gets in trouble with the band and has to make an official “clarification” and apology. In her own way she is still the voice of reason and honesty, albeit now wrapped in a slightly doddering package. And even from her quiet little nest in England she can still get everyone up in arms by speaking the truth.
I wonder if she realizes her words can cost Stevie millions of dollars!!
Old 02-18-2021, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I wonder if she realizes her words can cost Stevie millions of dollars!!
I wonder if Mick realizes that, because that puts him in a surprising position of power.

THE Stephen Hopkins