Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
These are the comments in question:

http://wklondon.typepad.com/welcome_...twood-mac.html

Our moonwalking pony ad for Three mobile is now topping the global viral charts. Second Sync, which analyzes Twitter conversations, says that the video generated 14,000 tweets within five hours of its internet premiere on Friday.

But even more excitingly, we got a telephone call from Martin Wyatt, manager of Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, the writer and performer of the song 'Everywhere' that soundtracks the ad. He told us that Christine is "absolutely thrilled to bits" that we used ‘Everywhere’ and wanted to congratulate whoever made the decision to use it in the ad. She "absolutely loves" the ad and has been "glued to the TV all weekend" waiting for it to come back on. Our Three team is a bit starstruck and overwhelmed at this news.

Um, wouldn't she (or someone on her behalf) have had to sign off on this?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
No, it would be the publishing company who has the rights of refusal, not the songwriter.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
No, it would be the publishing company who has the rights of refusal, not the songwriter.
Didn't Christine sell all her rights to her songs after the Dance?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Didn't Christine sell all her rights to her songs after the Dance?
I remember reading this somewhere as well. No wonder she doesn't need to tour. Her tunes are so heavily played. I hear her songs all the time in stores, airports, offices.. etc..

She earned every penny with those sweet, sad, soft, sincere, beautiful songs.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From what has come out about the use of some of the songs outside of Fleetwood Mac (i.e. Silver Springs and Don't Stop), I would say that in FM the songwriters get the income from the songs they write, while the band controls the songs.

I don't think Christine was free to give up control of her Fleetwood Mac songs and I think the band gives permission for it to be used in commercials, etc. Someone else may get Christine's publishing money from the song, but I don't think she (or the people to whom her rights are assigned) are dictating who gets to use the FM tunes or not use them.

This is in contrast to Lennon and McCartney where the publisher had the power to put the song in a commercial even though Paul and Lennon's estate objected.

Michele
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think this statement meant that the decision to use it was a surprise to her, just that she wanted to congratulate them for having used her song and having it pay off go grandly.

Michele
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just wonder if she ever added any vocals to the 8 or so songs that have been recorded? We haven't heard anything about recording or meeting with any of the rest of the band in L.A. Did she really just come for vacation, or did she sing background, submit a song or two, or what? They have just about enough songs to make an entire 12-14 track album, right?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah, even Mick went all radio-silence after the gig in Hawaii. Was he just drumming up ticket sales? Did she tell him to STFU already? Her whereabouts and activities after the Maui gig are mysteriously unknown... (And probably just how she likes it!)

Though I might have thought that Stevie would make SOME sort of comment in all the press she's been doing lately about how she just saw her old friend Christine and how they shared stories (a la the recent time she spent with LB at his house) or SOMETHING. But she's never even acknowledged it-- if in fact they did actually meet up.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-16-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, even Mick went all radio-silence after the gig in Hawaii. Was he just drumming up ticket sales? Did she tell him to STFU already? Her whereabouts and activities after the Maui gig are mysteriously unknown... (And probably just how she likes it!)
Maybe they grabbed her and stuffed her in a closet or something. Her manager claims she's back in England now, sitting by the tv waiting for the shetland pony commercial, but who can believe him?

Well, when they do the tour start press (just around the corner now), I guess she'll come up.

You're right. It's not the kind of thing that Stevie would keep mum about on her own. Heck, if she'd seen Christine's DOG she'd be telling us about it in these Q & A sessions. It's a radio silence people. The Macsters aren't saying anything right now, because they've got a secret they don't want to discuss yet.

Michele
Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The Macsters aren't saying anything right now, because they've got a secret they don't want to discuss yet.
I am clinging to this rationale until it is disproven!

Last night I came across a post on 'Oh No They Didn't!' from 1st February, and someone in the comments claimed they had just run into Chris in Florida. Was this part of her travel itinerary ever mentioned? Possibly the poster was mistaken and it wasn't her, but here is what they said:

"I just ran into her at a hotel.. Her man friend tried to convince me she was a "shark whisperer". I guess I should mention there was a shark tank at the bar we were at. It was only when I left that I realized and was told who she was. Awesome night."

Someone then asked for more details, to which the poster responded:

"I was having some cocktails staring at fish and her man came up and started talking to my friend and me.. He said she had written 32 shark whispering books and she was kind of laughing off to the side. We just thought they were drunken. As we were leaving we shook hands and told them good night. It was then when he introduced her as Christine and I was like, no waaaaay.. Sure enough, it was definitely her. Flipping out in the parking garage ensued."

Someone then asked where this took place, and that's when the poster said Florida.

If this is really true, what was she doing in Florida, who is her "man friend," and where did she learn to be a shark whisperer?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you think about it; as i have said many times before. Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that she decides to come aaall the way across the pond which she says she doesn't enjoy doing, within the month they decide to start touring again and are in rehearsal? If she came down for a visit she could have done that ANY time during the past decade. Mick has been saying he's trying to get her on board, so that means they have discussed her coming back at the most. I thought for a while she was going to rejoin and do the whole tour, but i think they would have announced by now shes tagging along. :/ We can still pray for England. (Im out of luck, I'm up here in Canada)