Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Same station I've heard: Mystified, After the Glitter Fades, Honey Hi, and now WMYTYTO
I listen to it all the time. Its the best station in the world.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I listen to it all the time. Its the best station in the world.
The announcer (recorded) is hilarious.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Monday Morning and Second Hand News heard in supermarket recently.

For SHN they skipped the opening strumming. Weird to hear it launch straight into the vocals.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:26 AM

Honey Hi (again) Yacht Rock Radio Sirius
Old 07-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I forgot to post this last week but last Saturday was listening to Casey Kasem Top 40 countdown 1977 on Sirius 70s. Dreams had just dropped from the #1 spot and was at #7. Lucile by Kenny Rogers was #6.
Made me think again about the discussion/debate Dreams/Hold Me which is the bigger hit. Dreams shot like a cannon to the #1 spot and dropped like a rock. Hold Me was on the charts longer, had a much longer stay in the top 10, and finished the year a higher position in 1982 than Dreams did in 1977. Both were both big hits but its still an odd comparison. Dreams has been played at almost every Stevie solo show and performed at every FM concert for decades. Yet Hold Me is like a sasquatch in the woods. Its an extremely rare song to hear live. The Mirage tour was very short and Chris's solo tour was even shorter. We never really heard it live again until Buck/Vie. You hear Dreams on the radio everyday somewhere. Dreams is also a gold and platinum single. Hold Me is not. Dreams has bragging rights for being the highest charting FM single but chart success i.e. "biggest hit" has to go to Hold Me. (in the United States)

On another note Gold by John Stewart was #17 this week in 1979

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-02-2022 at 12:37 PM..
Old 07-02-2022, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

On another note Gold by John Stewart was #17 this week in 1979
That's a song I NEVER tire of. I love everything about it!
Old 07-02-2022, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's a song I NEVER tire of. I love everything about it!
Me too. It brings me right back to 1979 and even though I had never been to California at that age, it made me feel California when the lights go down cruising and driving over Kanyan. The song's sparse drumming and funk feel really grabbed me even at 9 years old. Stevie did a great job and her yell at the end is classic. I felt the desperation of the musician trying to make it and turn everything Gold.
It was fantastic that Stevie put it on her Enchanted box set. I only had it as a '45 that I found in a record store around 1983. It was such a find and I literally struck gold.
Not to annoy you but the song has something that I love and you hate and that is the back up vocalist being slightly off. I love that effect. Its on Edge of 17, Stand Back, etc. It has such a live sound and not so overly rehearsed feel.
In 1979 I wanted so much to pump gas and make $2.50 per hour. The way Stevie sings the word Gold still gives me goosebumps to this day. NO ONE could have done it like that. The flip side of the '45 was Midnight Wind and its been talked about on this forum that that song could be Stevie's best vocal ever. The way Stevie throws her voice singing Miranda is stunning. Midnight Wind is a prequel to Sisters of the Moon at the beginning. You can hear Lindsey's influence. The way Stevie almost seems to lose her place in the back up vocals and falls behind John in the second chorus is orgasmic its so damn good. Stevie uses the same oooooooos as in Sisters.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-02-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-02-2022, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me too. It brings me right back to 1979 and even though I had never been to California at that age, it made me feel California when the lights go down cruising and driving over Kanyan. The song's sparse drumming and funk feel really grabbed me even at 9 years old. Stevie did a great job and her yell at the end is classic. I felt the desperation of the musician trying to make it and turn everything Gold.
It was fantastic that Stevie put it on her Enchanted box set. I only had it as a '45 that I found in a record store around 1983. It was such a find and I literally struck gold.
Not to annoy you but the song has something that I love and you hate and that is the back up vocalist being slightly off. I love that effect. Its on Edge of 17, Stand Back, etc. It has such a live sound and not so overly rehearsed feel.
In 1979 I wanted so much to pump gas and make $2.50 per hour. The way Stevie sings the word Gold still gives me goosebumps to this day. NO ONE could have done it like that. The flip side of the '45 was Midnight Wind and its been talked about on this forum that that song could be Stevie's best vocal ever. The way Stevie throws her voice singing Miranda is stunning. Midnight Wind is a prequel to Sisters of the Moon at the beginning. You can hear Lindsey's influence. The way Stevie almost seems to lose her place in the back up vocals and falls behind John in the second chorus is orgasmic its so damn good. Stevie uses the same oooooooos as in Sisters.
$tevie has a boxed set? I didn't know Gold was on there. Is Whenever I Call You Friend?
Old 07-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I stop posting hearing songs here because you hear them every day on the radio or in a store. I only post rare songs. Yesterday I heard Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind in the grocery store. Today I heard Everyday in the grocery store. What a dreadful song. Its such a basic music track and Stevie's vocal is not great on it either. A huge missed opportunity for Stevie to be sent such a horrific song to record.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:36 AM

The Bridge is playing Warm Ways as we speak.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:19 AM

Sirius has a new station Yacht Rock Deep Cuts. They just played Big Love (Tango Version)
Old 07-25-2022, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sirius has a new station Yacht Rock Deep Cuts. They just played Big Love (Tango Version)
And, if recall correctly, you have said you think that is the best track on Tango.

See, I pay attention….
Old 07-25-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And, if recall correctly, you have said you think that is the best track on Tango.

See, I pay attention….
Hmmm, I may have said that. But, I think the best track on Tango is the title track. See, I'm flexible.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm, I may have said that. But, I think the best track on Tango is the title track. See, I'm flexible.
There’s a thread here somewhere where we all selected what we thought was the best track from each FM record. I remember so many from your list, including “Angel” (1974), “Crystal” (1975), “YMLF” (1977), and “Brown Eyes” (1979). Can’t recall what you picked for Mirage, but I remember thinking: “Huh, he digs “Big Love” more than “Little Lies”— must be a size queen…”

But we’re all allowed to change our minds 5 billion times. Don’t be creeped that I remember so much of your list (also including “Woman of 1000 Years,” “Revelation,” and “The City.”)
Old 07-25-2022, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
but I remember thinking: “Huh, he digs “Big Love” more than “Little Lies”— must be a size queen…”
Oh no, you didn't go there......