User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, Lindsey fans are angry with Fleetwood Mac because they fired him, but don’t want Lindsey to work with Mick because it could possibly raise ticket prices?
you are attempting some very tortured logic, as usual.

1) i'm speaking for myself, not for "Lindsey fans"
2) it's not just Lindsey fans who were angry at Mick, Stevie and Azoff for ousting him, most of the people who joined Lindsey social media groups at the time as well as people on this board angry about it were Fleetwood Mac fans first and foremost. it's a matter of right and wrong. as far as i can tell most Lindsey fans are happy to have Lindsey solo and not waste his time with Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac and BN fans want him back in Fleetwood Mac.
3) i don't want Mick anywhere near Lindsey's solo touring band. they can work together, or they can be a new version of FM with Christine, Finn and Froom, but Mick should not be in Lindsey solo band. big machine and small machine should be kept separate.

as a fan, i take positions that benefit me (while at the same time getting more music and more rounded legacy from the artist i like) - not positions that benefit Mick's or Azoff's bottom line.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
1) i'm speaking for myself, not for "Lindsey fans"
No you weren’t. “for fans, and possible Lindsey too, Mick presence on Lindsey solo tour takes away from fans more than it brings.”

Quote:
3) i don't want Mick anywhere near Lindsey's solo touring band. they can work together, or they can be a new version of FM with Christine, Finn and Froom, but Mick should not be in Lindsey solo band. big machine and small machine should be kept separate.
I think it’s up to Lindsey to decide if it helps the music and/or his bottom line.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So maybe that Vegas show in November 2019 that was advertised as "The Final Concert" may've been the last one (4 days later they did a shorter concert in San Francisco...scammers)
What would a one-off even be? Glastonbury, Coachella, or Global Citizen Festival?
Old 02-07-2021, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No you weren’t. “for fans, and possible Lindsey too, Mick presence on Lindsey solo tour takes away from fans more than it brings.”
should have realized you would know what i'm thinking better than i do.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2021, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So maybe that Vegas show in November 2019 that was advertised as "The Final Concert" may've been the last one (4 days later they did a shorter concert in San Francisco...scammers)
What would a one-off even be? Glastonbury, Coachella, or Global Citizen Festival?
Oh I would have just loved them to do Glasto the year Christine returned.
I saw them in 2015 and they should have done Glastonbury that summer.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh I would have just loved them to do Glasto the year Christine returned.
I saw them in 2015 and they should have done Glastonbury that summer.
As I recall they would not pay them enough. Greed figures so prominently in the history of this band.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
As I recall they would not pay them enough. Greed figures so prominently in the history of this band.
Mick had a choice between Peter Green and money in 1970.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
As I recall they would not pay them enough.
They could've done Glasto in 2019 but they booked Wembley instead. Playing Glasto Pyramid is a career pinnacle. The Stones in 2013 lit that place up.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's pretty amazing--for a bunch of budding Octogenariens, they do a great job of forcing each other to attest to/refute to something one of them says when another one of the speaks unscripted. I expect we will "hear" from Stevie and Mick shortly?
I don't think Christine said anything anyone didn't expect, but I still find it funny. Good for them for still getting headlines when most of them have one foot on a banana peel and the other in the ground.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
It makes the canning of Lindsey all the more upsetting. If John thought it would be his last tour and also if Stevie thought she wouldn't tour again with the Mac, why did they fire Lindsey?

Suck it up for a few months. This band drives me crazy.
That's exactly why they canned him. They knew it would be the last major tour.

It was a huge tour already in the works. They knew they could squeeze one last big cash grab, pay the lawsuit and then walk away. Stevie was not touring with him ever again. So that was the only option. One last cash grab with Lindsey would cost them millions,.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Re the “No Stevie” element, it seems pretty galling that she would want out after what she did to Lindsey. I know I’ve said this 100 times before but Mck should have given her an ultimatum in 2016 (if not 14) to quit the kitchen if she couldn’t take the heat. That way the album that became BuckVie could have had more added to it and felt a lot less like the half-solo album it really was and they could have had a few positive years to wind down in.

But yeah it looks like the end - unless Mick tweets otherwise.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Re the “No Stevie” element, it seems pretty galling that she would want out after what she did to Lindsey. I know I’ve said this 100 times before but Mck should have given her an ultimatum in 2016 (if not 14) to quit the kitchen if she couldn’t take the heat. That way the album that became BuckVie could have had more added to it and felt a lot less like the half-solo album it really was and they could have had a few positive years to wind down in.
Tours make money, albums don’t. Stevie wasn’t wrong about that. Mick wasn’t giving up that kind payday for an album that wouldn’t sell or be one of their most critically acclaimed. LBCM is good, but hardly on par with FM, Rumours, or Tusk. Is an album really worth $10 million in lost revenue worth it to a drummer or bass player who don’t write songs?

Quote:
But yeah it looks like the end - unless Mick tweets otherwise.
Mick will never tweet that. He won’t shut the door.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tours make money, albums don’t. Stevie wasn’t wrong about that. Mick wasn’t giving up that kind payday for an album that wouldn’t sell or be one of their most critically acclaimed. LBCM is good, but hardly on par with FM, Rumours, or Tusk. Is an album really worth $10 million in lost revenue worth it to a drummer or bass player who don’t write songs?

Mick will never tweet that. He won’t shut the door.
why does it have to be either/or?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
why does it have to be either/or?
That was the choice presented to them.

Maybe if Lindsey hadn’t had 22 years of public inactivity, if Christine hadn’t been in some state of retirement for 23 years, if Stevie hadn’t become washed up as a songwriter, and the band hadn’t been as inactive for as long as it was, then it wouldn’t have been like that.

A new album from a band that’s already sold over 140 million albums, mostly based on the works from 1968-79, isn’t what’s going to sell concert tickets.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-07-2021 at 11:14 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what? For a while I said it would have been nice to have Stevie participate on Buckingham McVie. But now, screw that. She can pack sand.

Even if she would have participated, it would of been filled with resentment. Then the tour would of been a huge deal, taking even more time away from her solo gigs and then months of passive aggressive negativity about that. The whole thing would of eventually soured, just like say you will. Even if it went really well, she would b*tch about that, just how she did about the 2009 tour.

I’m glad that cancer never stepped foot in the studio with them. That album stands on its own.I can’t think of a single thing she has to offer that would of even remotely been beneficial to that project. 15 years ago it would be a different story, but her current presence? Nah, hard pass.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-07-2021 at 11:24 PM..