User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No, she just sacrificed and sacrificed and dragged her hair shirt along the Persian carpet.
At least this time she didn't say that Lindsey and Chris struggled for 9 months and couldn't come up with anything and finally had to beg for her help. She's said that in the past. Lindsey and Chris were such deadweights.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:05 AM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You mean Stevie didn't re-work her parts that she contributed to make this all work?
She did. She also told John how to play the bass part. It was a completely different bass line until she got involved.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She did. She also told John how to play the bass part. It was a completely different bass line until she got involved.
What I loved about Stevie is how she would tell each member how she wanted something played. Then she arranged the harmonies, ran into the studio then spliced all the parts together with Ken.
She had to keep herself busy while the instrumentalists tried to nail down what she wanted. God, they never would have survived without her.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-24-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I loved about Stevie is how she would tell each member how she wanted something played. Then she arranged the harmonies, ran into the studio then spliced all the parts together with Ken.
She had to keep herself busy while the instrumentalists tried to nail down what she wanted. God, they never would have survived without her.
Its a little known fact that the opening bass part of Sister Honey was the original bass part of The Chain. Stevie changed it and played it on the piano first for John. She later saved the Sister Honey opening bass part for her third solo album. And the rest they say is rock n roll history.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-24-2020 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Its a little known fact that the opening bass part of Sister Honey was the original bass part of The Chain. Stevie changed it and played it on the piano first for John. She later saved the Sister Honey opening bass part for her third solo album. And the rest they say is rock n roll history.
I heard that she learned of the proposed running order for Rumours (from Judy Wong). She walked from her mic. in the recording studio, through the control room and went right to marketing and completely changed it to what it is now!! Thank God!!
Old 11-25-2020, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to hear the story of how Mick wanted her to join the band but she insisted that her and Lindsey were a package deal and if he wasn't invited, she wasn't going to join.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I can't wait to hear the story of how Mick wanted her to join the band but she insisted that her and Lindsey were a package deal and if he wasn't invited, she wasn't going to join.
Wasn't Lindsey who said they were a package deal? He said so ("sort of politely")in the Making of Rumours, Classic Albums video.

Mick implied the same in his book:

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Wasn't Lindsey who said they were a package deal? He said so ("sort of politely")in the Making of Rumours, Classic Albums video.

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
The last few replies to the post have been ironic.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The last few replies to the post have been ironic.
I was serious.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

According to Ms Nicks:

They didn't want a singer and already had a lady singer in the band. So she became a house cat (those are her words). They wanted Lindsey bad enough that she came with the deal even though they did not want her.

They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine. If Christine did not want her......she would have the final say.
The irony that Christine did not have the final say when it was time to fire Lindsey.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
According to Ms Nicks:

They didn't want a singer and already had a lady singer in the band. So she became a house cat (those are her words). They wanted Lindsey bad enough that she came with the deal even though they did not want her.

They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine. If Christine did not want her......she would have the final say.
The irony that Christine did not have the final say when it was time to fire Lindsey.
Stevie: "I begged Mick and Christine. I said, 'We need Lindsey, I'll never be in this band without him. And I told her, I said Christine, I'm not the boss, but you can't fire someone like Lindsey. Our legacy depends on it. And I knew in my heart if they somehow justified firing Lindsey, Christine would bring on her friend from the Heartbreakers. And she did. I told them both I was leaving, but in the end I toured and it turned out ok. But, I was heartbroken because he was there for me in the beginning."
Old 11-25-2020, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie: "I begged Mick and Christine. I said, 'We need Lindsey, I'll never be in this band without him. And I told her, I said Christine, I'm not the boss, but you can't fire someone like Lindsey. Our legacy depends on it. And I knew in my heart if they somehow justified firing Lindsey, Christine would bring on her friend from the Heartbreakers. And she did. I told them both I was leaving, but in the end I toured and it turned out ok. But, I was heartbroken because he was there for me in the beginning."
Stevie, 2020: “I wrote ‘Landslide’ in 1974 about Lindsey’s firing in 2018. I realize that now. A dream I had in 1995 about John Lewis, MLK, and the Kennedy’s clarified this for me.”
Old 11-25-2020, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is pretty brilliant! and she actually did dare to make up some similar crap in one of those recent interviews - how she's oh so heartbroken about Lindsey not being in the band anymore like she absolutely had nothing to do with pushing him out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-26-2020, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is pretty brilliant! and she actually did dare to make up some similar crap in one of those recent interviews - how she's oh so heartbroken about Lindsey not being in the band anymore like she absolutely had nothing to do with pushing him out.

She is completely bonkers. Every time she opens her mouth, it's cringeworthy.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine.
Mick's first book implied the same:

When I first asked her about having another woman in the band, I knew she had some natural reservations, even though she didn't say anything. Being the lady in the band, a lady who first and foremost was a musician and one of the lads she just said, "Do me a favor as long as me and Stevie hit it off everything will be fine, 'cause there's nothing worse than having a couple of ladies in the band who don't like each other." But at this dinner I saw that Stevie was extremely sympathetic, and that the two girls were hitting it off real well.