Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2023, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Eddy Quintela

Do we know what happened between them? Had they broken up by Time (1995) - I was listening to Nights In Estoril and it sounds like they had already broken up.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Do we know what happened between them? Had they broken up by Time (1995) - I was listening to Nights In Estoril and it sounds like they had already broken up.
They were still together in 95 for Time. By 97 things were getting a bit hairy, hence her quick exit from the Dance tour after 40 shows and her desire to be home more, and maybe eventually move to the UK etc. i heard infidelity was an issue... and while this seems fairly normal for 'LA/famous people' marriages, it was getting a bit ridiculous on his end. maybe she thought moving to UK in the middle of nowhere would help settle him down...alas, it did not lol, he remained a player and eventually i believe he met someone else with whom he got serious and left. i think by 1999 or 2000 he was out the house but divorce was not finalized until a few years later. they were not 'friends' afterwards, either.

I heard he'd been really good w adding details/little flourishes to songs, but not so great at coming up w the big ideas himself. That was all her. she probably gave him songwriting credits out of the goodness of her heart, and because she loved him. but IMO he didn't deserve them. but i digress...

--Lis
Old 05-28-2023, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
That's a mad in love song. I dont get break up vibes from it at all. He kept her warm through the storm Extremely romantic song.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-28-2023 at 07:02 PM..
Old 05-28-2023, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
They were still together in 95 for Time. By 97 things were getting a bit hairy, hence her quick exit from the Dance tour after 40 shows and her desire to be home more, and maybe eventually move to the UK etc. i heard infidelity was an issue... and while this seems fairly normal for 'LA/famous people' marriages, it was getting a bit ridiculous on his end. maybe she thought moving to UK in the middle of nowhere would help settle him down...alas, it did not lol, he remained a player and eventually i believe he met someone else with whom he got serious and left. i think by 1999 or 2000 he was out the house but divorce was not finalized until a few years later. they were not 'friends' afterwards, either.

I heard he'd been really good w adding details/little flourishes to songs, but not so great at coming up w the big ideas himself. That was all her. she probably gave him songwriting credits out of the goodness of her heart, and because she loved him. but IMO he didn't deserve them. but i digress...

--Lis
Perhaps he was the inspiration for Liar. He was definitely with her when she wrote some monster hits and great songs. He was fascinated with pop charts and would constantly bring to her attention how her music was doing on the charts.

I would love to know the inspiration to Bad Journey. She mentions several remote areas of the United States. When she mentions Boise, Idaho I thought maybe she was never there and it just fit the song or rhymed with something. But the Tusk tour opened in Idaho and she definitely spent lots of time in Key Biscayne. So this is something I wish we had the inspiration about.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-28-2023 at 07:01 PM..
Old 05-29-2023, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I heard he'd been really good w adding details/little flourishes to songs, but not so great at coming up w the big ideas himself. That was all her. she probably gave him songwriting credits out of the goodness of her heart, and because she loved him. but IMO he didn't deserve them.
Seeing as Chris had no trouble coming up with hit after hit well before Eddie, and that it's not as though all of their co-credit songs were home-runs, this seems credible.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Temporary One was a co-write for The Dance, and then Easy Come, Easy Go for In the Meantime. The latter was probably a leftover from their final years together. I loved Temporary but thought Easy was a low point of ITM.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That's a mad in love song. I dont get break up vibes from it at all. He kept her warm through the storm Extremely romantic song.
I got a bit more of a subdued vibe from it personally. The past tense and lyrics like 'There will be words we've said/ We just can't take away' suggest something maybe soured? A love turned from shiny and new to something less sparkly ...Lovely song either way!
Old 05-30-2023, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I got a bit more of a subdued vibe from it personally. The past tense and lyrics like 'There will be words we've said/ We just can't take away' suggest something maybe soured? A love turned from shiny and new to something less sparkly ...Lovely song either way!
Ha! Very true.
Although in many of Chris love songs there is always that part of being used or discarded but she still preaches mad love towards him.