User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2023, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
All for the sake of an insignificant greatest hits tour that wound up starting AFTER the slight delay Lindsey was asking for anyways. It will never make sense to me beyond an opportunity for Stevie to make a power move (that really didn't gain her any power in the end because the whole band splintered)
But what a greatest hits tour it was! So happy I got to see Christine singing Isn’t It Midnight, Little Lies, Everywhere, You Make Loving Fun, and of course Tell Me All the Things You Do, a song I thought she’d never sing live again. I’m thankful she performed one last tour for the fans- she clearly didn’t need the money and I kind of suspect she had an instinct this would be her last tour, and she gave her usual all.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
But what a greatest hits tour it was! So happy I got to see Christine singing Isn’t It Midnight, Little Lies, Everywhere, You Make Loving Fun, and of course Tell Me All the Things You Do, a song I thought she’d never sing live again. I’m thankful she performed one last tour for the fans- she clearly didn’t need the money and I kind of suspect she had an instinct this would be her last tour, and she gave her usual all.
Why no live dvd or recording of such a special tour? There's a video of the 87 Tour, The Dance and Say You Will Tour and the making of Say You Will, and a making of LBCM. If the 2018 Tour is in the history books, it'll be in there because Lindsey wasn't on the tour.

Even Stevie said to Zane Lowe last year, when the tour was over, IT was over.

Fleetwood Mac's 2017 album lives forever.

P.S. I was very happy to hear Songbird, Think About Me, Over My Head, World Turning, Don't Stop, and Say You Love Me in 2014 and The Classic West.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 04-30-2023 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-30-2023, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Fleetwood Mac's 2017 album lives forever.

P.S. I was very happy to hear Songbird, Think About Me, Over My Head, World Turning, Don't Stop, and Say You Love Me in 2014 and The Classic West.
and also Hold Me, Little Lies, Everywhere, You Make Loving Fun, and Wish You Were Here plus 8 new fantastic sounding songs on 2017 BuckVie tour!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2023, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Why no live dvd or recording of such a special tour? There's a video of the 87 Tour, The Dance and Say You Will Tour and the making of Say You Will, and a making of LBCM. If the 2018 Tour is in the history books, it'll be in there because Lindsey wasn't on the tour.
They didn’t release the Unleashed or On With the Show tours either. We can’t have ‘em all, I guess It would be nice to have them all available. Especially the BTM tour.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Watching that video gave my goose bumps.
did they ever make it available on dvd? I think I only ever saw the making-of footage online....
Old 05-01-2023, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and also Hold Me, Little Lies, Everywhere, You Make Loving Fun, and Wish You Were Here plus 8 new fantastic sounding songs on 2017 BuckVie tour!
The highlights of my 46 years(kill me now) of fandom were the Mirage Tour, and BuckVie.

I felt like I was 16 at BuckVie. And I love that album.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They didn’t release the Unleashed or On With the Show tours either. We can’t have ‘em all, I guess It would be nice to have them all available. Especially the BTM tour.
But the point is that there's video of the Rumours lineup and the Tango lineup. No dvd or live album of the No New Music and Covers Tour lineup.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
did they ever make it available on dvd? I think I only ever saw the making-of footage online....
I wish. Bonus materials would be a great thing if this album ever gets re-packaged.
Old 05-01-2023, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd rather see (which I did) You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, and Little Lies with the original guitarist. She probably didn't need the money, but evidently she needed it enough for her new house. Sorry Christine, I love ya but...
Old 05-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd rather see (which I did) You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, and Little Lies with the original guitarist. She probably didn't need the money, but evidently she needed it enough for her new house. Sorry Christine, I love ya but...
“Probably didn’t need the money?” You can’t possibly think Christine needed the money from the tour. She sold her catalog for a pretty penny right after, but I doubt it was because she “needed the money.” And I was ok seeing her perform those songs no matter who was playing guitar, whether it was Lindsey, Neil, or the second guitarist FM used on every tour. Just like I was just as happy when Lindsey performed Go Your Own Way whether Mick played drums or John played bass lol.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“Probably didn’t need the money?” You can’t possibly think Christine needed the money from the tour. She sold her catalog for a pretty penny right after, but I doubt it was because she “needed the money.” And I was ok seeing her perform those songs no matter who was playing guitar, whether it was Lindsey, Neil, or the second guitarist FM used on every tour. Just like I was just as happy when Lindsey performed Go Your Own Way whether Mick played drums or John played bass lol.
OF COURSE you were okay with whoever was on guitar. We'd expect nothing different from you.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OF COURSE you were okay with whoever was on guitar. We'd expect nothing different from you.
To be fair, I'd go see Christine even if goat was on guitar.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OF COURSE I was ok Homer! Just like I was ok when I saw Lindsey live and another guy besides Mick was playing drums and another guy was playing bass besides John. It seemed like everyone else there was ok with it, too!
Old 05-01-2023, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's hard for me to believe she needed the cash, but I'm just repeating what she told Lindsey. "Sorry, I had just purchased a house"

My biggest beef with the 2018 tour is that there are cover bands that do a better job with the material than they did.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My biggest beef with the 2018 tour is that there are cover bands that do a better job with the material than they did.
Not a truer word has been spoken.