The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if the family were waiting for the autopsy report and that is why cause of death wasn't said at first. She could have had the cancer and not told anyone, or even not known herself. If it had spread that much, it must have been there for awhile. My mom was stage 4 Ovarian when she found out and lasted one year. Even though she was having some symptoms she never said anything for a long time. This just breaks my heart for her. It all seemed to have come on so fast. She had done her Songbird reissue and some press and the next thing you know she has passed. She probably had the stroke at home and was on life support. I still wonder why Stevie was told to wait to come. Sounds like she wasn't really wanted there. I thought I read that John was at her side. I'm so glad to hear this and hope it's true. I bid on a few of her things at the auction, now I wish I had bid enough to win something.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder if the family were waiting for the autopsy report and that is why cause of death wasn't said at first. She could have had the cancer and not told anyone, or even not known herself. If it had spread that much, it must have been there for awhile. My mom was stage 4 Ovarian when she found out and lasted one year. Even though she was having some symptoms she never said anything for a long time. This just breaks my heart for her. It all seemed to have come on so fast. She had done her Songbird reissue and some press and the next thing you know she has passed. She probably had the stroke at home and was on life support. I still wonder why Stevie was told to wait to come. Sounds like she wasn't really wanted there. I thought I read that John was at her side. I'm so glad to hear this and hope it's true. I bid on a few of her things at the auction, now I wish I had bid enough to win something.
Which could mean there could have been life support issues. The few family gather and then say goodbye. When my mother had her stroke, she had not much brain activity but had life support machine that her family decided when to let go. You are correct she may or may not have known about the cancer. But I bet she knew.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because Stevie likely brings a circus with her. I always think of Chrissie Hynde's comment when they toured together that "it's like traveling with Liz Taylor".

Also, Stevie draws the press, even when not trying. So if she flew in, and anyone saw her at the airport or wherever, someone would alert the press. And someone would surely see her at the hospital, no matter how hard they tried. And to make sure she DIDN"T get seen would require the family and the hospital etc to put in a lot of effort...which I'm sure the family had no desire to provide nor the ability given their emotional state. It sounds like the stroke was unexpected and I'm sure there was a lot of scrambling and phone calls etc and who needs a big star making it more of a cluster. Not that that would be Stevie's intent, but it would be what would happen. And for what gain, really? To make Stevie feel better? That's nice and all, but this was private and family only, as it should have been. I don't doubt Stevie's sincere feelings, but.... this was not about her in the least. And her presence would have been a totally unnecessary distraction and strain on resources.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My mother passed of a major stroke too. There were life support issues and it took a few days for her to officially pass. There could have been a similar situation which explains how this all surprised everyone.
I respect her family's request to not reveal her cause of death so I feel guilty even talking about. I would only add maybe like my mom it was quick and over. I watched my cousins in agony watching their parents in nursing homes for years with dementia or watch them die slowly with cancer. When its time go to sometimes something quick is the way to go. But sadly we dont get that choice.

Gosh her last 8 years were nothing short of amazing especially at her age.

"Miss me but let me go"
My dear dear husband had dementia for 7 years and spent the last 4 in a nursing home, before he died peacefully.
My mother in law had an enormous stroke and died almost instantly…although this was a shock for everyone at the time…
I can say definitely which was better for everyone.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
This appears to be legit. It's tough to read.

https://theblast.com/471571/fleetwoo...cer-diagnosis/
Info regarding the residence listed for her.

Really interesting article about the prestigious building and neighborhood.
https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/...e-6619836.html
Eaton Square and Cadogan Square have long been among the most prestigious addresses in London, the jewels in the crown of the ancient Grosvenor and Cadogan estates respectively.Eaton Square was built by the Duke of Westminster along with Belgrave Square and Chester Square in the 19th century and is named after Eaton Hall, the Grosvenor family seat in Cheshire. It is "the most prestigious Belgravia address", according to Charlie Willis, of estate agents Strutt & Parker, and notable past residents include Prime Ministers Neville Chamberlain and Stanley Baldwin and former Foreign Secretary Lord Halifax.

Highlighted table they included about her bldg:

EATON SQUARE, SW1

Where? In the heart of Belgravia and part Duke of Westminster's London estate.

Why? Huge houses and lavish flats in the most prestigious garden square in London.

How much? Houses cost £20 to £30million

What the agents say: Brian D'Arcy Clark, Savills: "Eaton Square is probably the best known square in London, an address that is instantly recognisable anywhere in the world."[/I]

Additional info:

https://themovemarket.com/tools/prop...ondon-sw1x-8df
Property summary
Flat 3, 69 Eaton Place is a leasehold flat - it is ranked as the 4th most expensive property in SW1X 8DF, with a valuation of £8,057,000.
Since it last sold in September 2017 for £7,500,000, its value has increased by £557,000.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-04-2023 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-04-2023, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Likely lung cancer as that causes debilitating back pain. I would suspect she knew, if they at the very least, got an Xray or CT scan. My mother in law was diagnosed with lung cancer and had horrible back pain as well. It quickly spread to her brain. She only lived 5 months after diagnosis.

It could be that Christine was doing chemo and caused the stroke or it had spread to her brain as well. In any event, RIP Christine.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 04-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
This just breaks my heart for her. It all seemed to have come on so fast. She had done her Songbird reissue and some press and the next thing you know she has passed. She probably had the stroke at home and was on life support. I still wonder why Stevie was told to wait to come. Sounds like she wasn't really wanted there. I thought I read that John was at her side. I'm so glad to hear this and hope it's true. I bid on a few of her things at the auction, now I wish I had bid enough to win something.
Yes he was there, and before the stroke. I don't think she knew very long about the cancer, or how advanced it was. It happened pretty quickly, but she definitely knew she was dying. In a way it almost worked out for the best because she already had loved ones around her at the time of the stroke.

--Lis

Last edited by Penguin Emeritus; 04-04-2023 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-04-2023, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Because Stevie likely brings a circus with her. I always think of Chrissie Hynde's comment when they toured together that "it's like traveling with Liz Taylor".

Also, Stevie draws the press, even when not trying. So if she flew in, and anyone saw her at the airport or wherever, someone would alert the press. And someone would surely see her at the hospital, no matter how hard they tried. And to make sure she DIDN"T get seen would require the family and the hospital etc to put in a lot of effort...which I'm sure the family had no desire to provide nor the ability given their emotional state. It sounds like the stroke was unexpected and I'm sure there was a lot of scrambling and phone calls etc and who needs a big star making it more of a cluster. Not that that would be Stevie's intent, but it would be what would happen. And for what gain, really? To make Stevie feel better? That's nice and all, but this was private and family only, as it should have been. I don't doubt Stevie's sincere feelings, but.... this was not about her in the least. And her presence would have been a totally unnecessary distraction and strain on resources.

Bingo.

--Lis
Old 04-04-2023, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Yes he was there, and before the stroke. I don't think she knew very long about the cancer, or how advanced it was. It happened pretty quickly, but she definitely knew she was dying. In a way it almost worked out for the best because she already had loved ones around her at the time of the stroke.

--Lis
Makes me wonder was this part of the motivation to downsize and sell off possessions and do things like the auction? I would imagine that would have taken about a year to plan and catalog all the items and get them to LA for sale and all that.... so maybe that was already in the works simply given her age and not specifically due to health...?
Old 04-04-2023, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

--Lis
Makes his showing up for the auction 3 days later all the more heartbreaking.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Makes me wonder was this part of the motivation to downsize and sell off possessions and do things like the auction? I would imagine that would have taken about a year to plan and catalog all the items and get them to LA for sale and all that.... so maybe that was already in the works simply given her age and not specifically due to health...?
Yes i think she was sort of just downsizing for the auction and was really into the curating of the items and supporting the charity etc. Don't think she knew she was dying at that time, esp not at beginning of the process.

That absolutely ripped my heart out when i heard John went there to auction. i actually emailed the auction house itself to verify that it was true. it had been something that was so important to chris. he is an amazingly strong individual.

--Lis
Old 04-04-2023, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I feel the most heartbreak for John right now. I don't think his health is that great and to lose Chris who he stayed close to even after their marriage.

Given the 2019 tour without Lindsey, It probably is for the best that Fleetwood Mac is officially over. If I were John, it would be hard to forgive Stevie and Mick for that last tour. I think they all new it was John's last and maybe Chris too.

I will never, ever understand Stevie for doing that. It hurt the band, their legacy and the fan base. And for what? Jealousy, hurt feelings? It's so beyond the norm. I'm so thankful that John got well and Chris came back and the band got to tour and I got to see them one last time. And the Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie. At least we got some new Chris music with Lindsey and Mick and John. I have followed this band since 1975 and it's amazing the journey they have travelled through the years. So crazy at times. Who would have thought?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Given the 2019 tour without Lindsey, It probably is for the best that Fleetwood Mac is officially over. If I were John, it would be hard to forgive Stevie and Mick for that last tour.
John and Mick were hanging out after Christine died. Also, he went to see Stevie last year. She dedicated “Landslide” to him. I think he was mostly neutral on Lindsey.

I’m curious if Mick was there with the family, too?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Given the 2019 tour without Lindsey, It probably is for the best that Fleetwood Mac is officially over. If I were John, it would be hard to forgive Stevie and Mick for that last tour. I think they all new it was John's last and maybe Chris too.

I will never, ever understand Stevie for doing that. It hurt the band, their legacy and the fan base. And for what? Jealousy, hurt feelings? It's so beyond the norm. I'm so thankful that John got well and Chris came back and the band got to tour and I got to see them one last time. And the Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie. At least we got some new Chris music with Lindsey and Mick and John. I have followed this band since 1975 and it's amazing the journey they have travelled through the years. So crazy at times. Who would have thought?
John didn’t have to tour with them. If he was that unhappy about the line up change, he could have refused. All he had to do was tell his doctor he didn’t feel up to touring after his cancer battle, and he would have been medically excused. Again, if John didn’t want to tour, he wouldn’t have. He did, and I’m glad that he got to tour with Christine one more time.

I think it’s important to point out that our feelings about what the band members do don’t matter. If you’re still angry after five years that Lindsey was fired, go for it. We know he went to one of Stevie’s shows not that long ago, so clearly John isn’t holding any grudges at all.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
John and Mick were hanging out after Christine died. Also, he went to see Stevie last year. She dedicated “Landslide” to him. I think he was mostly neutral on Lindsey.

I’m curious if Mick was there with the family, too?

No, he wasn't. It was an extremely small group.

I'm not sure I'd say John and Mick were 'hanging out' after Chris died... They were grieving together.

End of life care is not a glamorous time. I would imagine the people that you would want with you would be those that you are truly the closest to, whom you know adore you and that you trust 100%...both to protect your privacy, and to do what's best for you if you cannot do or speak for yourself.

She had enough time to make her choices about who she wanted there and what she wanted done.

I think it's very admirable that for 4 months we heard not a peep about a cause of death, because the people with her didn't say a word. It only came out because of these court papers. If her wishes were to keep things private, as I'm assuming they were, then she chose the right people to have around her. But at some point, things such as court papers were out of their control.

--Lis