User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I really really really like this, Lisa. That singing voice is THE voice. The 1976 Fleetwood Mac could have turned this into a barn burner as popular as Go Your Own Way. I can almost hear an arrangement taking shape in Sausalito, expanding on the acoustic and the two electrics in harmony, along with Chris on acoustic piano and our spare, powerful rhythm section.

The electric guitar harmony lines in tandem remind me of So Afraid and Eyes of the World. I would have urged Lindsey to try a three-part harmony on electric guitar lines, and just go wild (like what he did on Love from Here).
I hear it more as an early to mid-‘90s song, with fairly simple production (which was probably not in Lindsey’s lexicon), maybe produced by someone like Rick Rubin.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-09-2023, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great find. Love it! A few observations:

—That guitar solo sounds quite similar to something Danny Kirwan would do. I can see why Mick was initially entranced by Lindsey’s solo on “Frozen Love.” There is an eerie kinship to the Mac legacy even before he joined.

—Parts of this DO sound (as Steve notes above) like 90s roots rock, especially the “I’ve been used” sections.

—Early in each of the verses, Lindsey elongates a note the way Christine does. If FM ever recorded this (and why in the heck didn’t they?) I imagine the harmonies between their voices blending into that amazing androgynous voice they often made together. And Stevie’s aching, pleading alto as contrast.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

This seems like a Lindsey song -- and it definitely dates from the early/mid 70s. His voice and also the styling of his vocals and guitar solos are very BN era. By Tusk, he wouldn't be playing those very traditional 70s solos. Great tune and a great find! I would love to hear what he has to say about it.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Great find. Love it! A few observations:

—That guitar solo sounds quite similar to something Danny Kirwan would do. I can see why Mick was initially entranced by Lindsey’s solo on “Frozen Love.” There is an eerie kinship to the Mac legacy even before he joined.

—Parts of this DO sound (as Steve notes above) like 90s roots rock, especially the “I’ve been used” sections.

—Early in each of the verses, Lindsey elongates a note the way Christine does. If FM ever recorded this (and why in the heck didn’t they?) I imagine the harmonies between their voices blending into that amazing androgynous voice they often made together. And Stevie’s aching, pleading alto as contrast.
They really should have done something with this demo. I'd love to hear some good harmonies on there. and imagine what Mick and John might've added also...frustrating that the song never reached its full potential.

-Lis