User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
So if they have the Hold Me audio from the Los Angeles show from the Mirage tour, do they also have the audio of the other live songs that were not included in the Mirage Deluxe Edition?
You bet they do. The question is, Who are “they”? There’s a lot of audio of all Fleetwood tours but probably nobody knows where. It takes people to get permission to look for it, the way Rhino staff got permission to dig for goodies for release. Paperwork and approval stand between us fans and lots more goodies, and it’s never been a priority with Fleetwood Mac or their business networks.

Quote:
Do they have the video of the songs that were cut from the Mirage tour video thing?
You bet they do. When cameras film a show, they film a show. Cameras roll from start to finish. Everything that gets cut for release is cut later, just like in the movies.

Quote:
I feel like the complete Mirage tour video (and audio) is a highly coveted thing in the Fleetwood Mac fandom community.
With expert hindsight, I always thought the wrong show was filmed for release. St. Louis was the wrong show in 1979, LA was the wrong show in 1982, San Fran was the wrong show in 1987, and Boston was the wrong show in 2003. For 1982, I’d much rather have full audio or video of the Meadowlands or Joe Louis Arena or Irvine Meadows.

But beggars can’t be choosers, so when we got “Hold Me” and “Second Hand News” and “Brown Eyes” from LA, I did say a quiet “Yay, Lord.”

Quote:
When the Deluxe Edition of Mirage was coming out, I was really hoping they were going to include the full live set from the Mirage tour, like they did on the Deluxe Tusk and Deluxe Rumours.
You can almost hear the planning meetings: “We’ll naturally have to remaster the two existing CDs, but we can release a third CD of goodies.” I wonder whether anyone in the room said, “Why don’t we release an extra FOUR CDs and deluge those fans with a degree of pleasure they have never experienced with the lights on?”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-14-2023, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Get Like You Used To Be is a workout, but this ain't 1975.
Yep, that one and a few others from the old days, especially if the band speeded them up in concert. But I hadn’t heard Christine play anything difficult (for her) since the Dance Don’t Stop. I guess she was taking a well-earned keyboard rest for 20 years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yep, that one and a few others from the old days, especially if the band speeded them up in concert. But I hadn’t heard Christine play anything difficult (for her) since the Dance Don’t Stop. I guess she was taking a well-earned keyboard rest for 20 years.
Exactly. I'd think the Songbird intro would be the most difficult thing of the past 25 years(it's always been a slight challenge for me- jumping down and into the third bar of the intro... especially if I've had a few drinks).
Old 04-14-2023, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find it weird, though. Guitar is SO MUCH more physically demanding than keyboards. Bob Dylan(yes, I'd say that to him) switched from guitars to keyboards a few years back, and everyone assumes that that's the reason. I also play both instruments, and I'm beginning to have hand issues... it affects certain things I play on guitar, but nothing on keyboards.

I'm just curious if it was just arthritis, or something more debilitating...
You know, Lindsey's "Christine is fragile" comments, which seemed kinda douchey at the time, seem to maybe have had more substance to them than we knew at the time... (and yes, he can be douchey AND accurate at the same time)
Old 04-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know, Lindsey's "Christine is fragile" comments, which seemed kinda douchey at the time, seem to maybe have had more substance to them than we knew at the time... (and yes, he can be douchey AND accurate at the same time)
I know of someone who met her circa 2018, and also said the same.

She always seemed so timeless, isn't it weird how everyone ages differently?
Old 04-15-2023, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Quote:
I know of someone who met her circa 2018, and also said the same.

She always seemed so timeless, isn't it weird how everyone ages differently?
It was always a little odd to me the difference in Christine from 2014/15 to 2017 to 2018/19.

She sounded really good on the 2014/2015 tour. Her vocals and her performance were in top form, given her age at the time and her 16 year absence. But she looked a lot better, superficially, in 2017-2019. Her face looked better, her hair looked better. I assumed maybe she was getting some anti-aging treatments at some point between 2015 and 2017 or maybe she was just wearing heavier makeup. It also looked like she was wearing a wig or had hair extensions put in. But on the 2018 tour, her vocals were getting weaker. I didn’t see them in 2018-2019, so she might have sounded good in person at a concert because it’s all loud and amplified, but the difference is very clear when you watch videos on YouTube of her performances in 2014/15 vs. 2018/19. She still sounded pretty good in 2017 though. Fleetwood Mac headlined two festivals in 2017 and she did the Buckingham McVie tour.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was front row for show #2(Nashville), and they did Hold Me. The key was dropped from D to B. Christine WAS NOT playing the piano part. I'm 95% certain that Brett wasn't, either. Karenoke!
So I was just going through some Youtube videos, and here's the actual video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GZm-4uM6c

Notice how she's adjusting her hair WHILE the piano intro is playing...

Also how she looks at her tiny teleprompter before almost every verse line.

It's VERY weird for me to think that I was that close to her(I was standing a couple feet to the left of this camera angle), and that she's gone now.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-21-2023 at 02:34 PM..
Old 04-21-2023, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I was just going through some Youtube videos, and here's the actual video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GZm-4uM6c

Notice how she's adjusting her hair WHILE the piano intro is playing...

Also how she looks at her tiny teleprompter before almost every verse line.

It's VERY weird for me to think that I was that close to her(I was standing a couple feet to the left of this camera angle), and that she's gone now.
Homer is correct, I think. I'm no great piano player, but the lower piano notes we can hear would have to be played by the left hand (which she was using to adjust her hair) given the higher notes that were supposed to be being played by the right hand.

She wasn't the only one though- check out "Love is here to stay" - again I'm no great guitarist and Lindsey will use unusual string tunings but he's miming here- you can see clearly at about the minute mark. He's only using his thumb and two fingers to "pick" as well, which given the musical pattern of the accompaniment gives me further suspicion. Perhaps better guitarists than me might have an opinion

Kind of disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4jo1H5uej8