User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy0033 View Post
If Tom Petty didn’t die in October 2017, Lindsey would of never been fired from the band. So Stevie wanted her other very good friend Mike Campbell in the band, imo.
See, I don't believe this.
$tevie wanted to get rid of him, REGARDLESS.

$he just lucked out that Mike was available when her guillotine was ready to drop. It was the perfect storm for her.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

$he just lucked out that Mike was available when her guillotine was ready to drop. It was the perfect storm for her.
right? because she plotted her revenge from 1968. she made that very clear in her "clap back" so why not believe her?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right? because she plotted her revenge from 1968. she made that very clear in her "clap back" so why not believe her?
Hey Elle, does anyone know if the Buckingham Nicks album will be released on CD?
Old 09-09-2021, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One little lick that Lindsey got in that has not been covered yet is Lindsey throwing the jealousy card at Stevie because he is still able to be mobile and jump around the stage.

OUCH. He went there
What a bastard. Did he just ignore her crackhead dance for the last few tours???
Old 09-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey Elle, does anyone know if the Buckingham Nicks album will be released on CD?
Marketing wise this would be a great time to release it on CD! With all the bickering back and forth it could generate interest, especially in fans who've never heard the Buckingham Nicks album (yes, I know that's a foreign concept to most of us who probably own it in multiple formats!).
Old 09-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Not sure what he means by it "completed her"...
Well, I mean, this is gross but my immediate thought when reading that jumped right to the lyrics of the song Come.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, all of this certainly added another chapter of drama to the FM saga.

His comments about her absence of creativity are 100% spot-on. She has been resting on her laurels for decades. Stevie has clearly been building her "icon" status (appearances on popular TV shows and pop stars' albums), and it's largely worked. Younger people just discovering her can delve into her catalogue with no need for new music. I'm also glad he explicitly stated that she was the reason we got the BuckVie album. They should've called it a Mac album, despite her lack of participation. But they're all too chicken****.

He is also accurate about her lack of energy on stage. I've attended a dozen Mac shows starting with the SYW tour, and I'd always hear fans gushing about Stevie pre-concert, but they'd leave the show with effusive praise for Lindsey. This happened every single show.

Lindsey's comments on her personal life, though, do not help his cause. It's tone-deaf in today's climate.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'd counter with Tom was also one of the few people left who would've told her she was a stupid moron and being ridiculous. I think without Tom's death and Mike being available, it wouldn't have happened. More likely that she would have just quit or acted like a giant idiot until someone like Petty would have called her out on it. With Mike being available it allowed her to twist the knife in a much more profound way by not just breaking up the band and going only solo.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly the LB interviews are getting pretty cringey. Sour grapes isn’t a good look for anyone. Maybe to the handful of people who hang around here and despise SN, these interviews come across as being brave and refreshing but to the rest of the world who reads these articles, it just sounds like Linds being a petty bitter ex and Stevie responding pretty maturely after 3 years of him talking sh*t. He’s not helping his case at this point IMO.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think losing Tom Petty was a big factor here. First, it brought home how short life is and probably made Stevie think about how she wanted to spend the time she has left performing. The fact is that she and Lindsey maybe got along during The Dance but since then it’s been pretty bad between them. And then the BuckVie album seriously pissed her off. So she’s had issues to stew over that would make her want to get rid of Lindsey.

Second, wanting to tour with Mike and give him that opportunity absolutely was a factor. And having a manager who has worked with the Eagles on big money tours after losing original members made it clear that FM could still be profitable without Lindsey.

I think that she might have found a way to push Lindsey out anyway. But losing Tom provided a lot of motivation for it to happen when it did.

I think these interview aren’t a good look for anyone. I don’t think Lindsey can really be worse off though. It’s not like he got great press even when he was fired. But seeing seventy-something millionaires’ petty bickering over 50 year old slights is just gross. Most people probably don’t get beyond the thought that they all suck and should know better. A smaller number than that will support Stevie. An even smaller number will support Lindsey. But most think they’re all ridiculous. Which they are.

Last edited by anusha; 09-09-2021 at 09:56 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
sounds like Linds being a petty bitter ex and Stevie responding pretty maturely after 3 years of him talking sh*t. He’s not helping his case at this point IMO.
Is his account all lies?
Old 09-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe to the handful of people who hang around here and despise SN, these interviews come across as being brave and refreshing but to the rest of the world who reads these articles, it just sounds like Linds being a petty bitter ex and Stevie responding pretty maturely after 3 years of him talking sh*t. He’s not helping his case at this point IMO.
I despise $tevie these days, and I don't think these sour grapes interviews look good, either. BUT, HE was the one who was fired, so I think he's somewhat entitled to do so, more than the others(hey, they weren't fired).

Even if it doesn't look good, I'm GLAD he's doing it, because I don't want him to ever go back(again). Burn those bridges, baby, where the old goat will never allow for your return. Burn, burn, burn....
Old 09-09-2021, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BUT, HE was the one who was fired, so I think he's somewhat entitled to do so, more than the others(hey, they weren't fired).
AND they said they looked forward to seeing him in court over his lawsuit... but they settled in less than 2 months.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is his account all lies?
I’m not saying it’s lies.

I’m just saying it’s bad optics and may erode the sympathy people may have had for him. While also kind of giving validity to her narrative. If someone’s narrative is that you’re critical and cruel and make them feel terrible, and they wanted to be away from you because it was a toxic environment, then you repeatedly hitting below the belt and insulting their family life/creativity/energy/etc doesn’t help your case. I mean acting toxic and overly critical isn’t exactly the best way to counter your ex calling you toxic and overly critical.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m not saying it’s lies.

I’m just saying it’s bad optics and may erode the sympathy people may have had for him. While also kind of giving validity to her narrative. If someone’s narrative is that you’re critical and cruel and make them feel terrible, and they wanted to be away from you because it was a toxic environment, then you repeatedly hitting below the belt and insulting their family life/creativity/energy/etc doesn’t help your case. I mean acting toxic and overly critical isn’t exactly the best way to counter your ex calling you toxic and overly critical.
I hear what you're saying. I don't recall Stevie saying he's critical. She didn't say cruel but I guess I could she feels he is from her statement.

What was toxic? Would he say to Stevie during rehearsals "You're being lazy"
Not asking you but just throwing it out there