User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
But it's too late. The magic is not there any more, the bag is full of rocks again, and the voices are gone. I wouldn't pay an expensive ticket to watch them, I think I wouldn't go even if I win a free ticket. I don't want to hear those embarrasing voices, and if there are again those "silver springs" looks between S&L, that would be ridiculous and more embarrasing.
Spot on. Every word. It has become ridiculous and embarrassing.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Does Stormy Stevie have a tendency to talk too much?
I was listening to my tape of the LA Forum (10/02/83) the other day, and I heard a couple of things I had forgotten about. It was an extremely Stevie-chatty show anyway, much more so even than usual. But during one of her overtalky moments, Lori said, “All right — shut up!” Stevie laughed. Then, right before “Gypsy,” Stevie was going on and on, and someone in the first row must have said, “Give me a break,” because Stevie got a little miffed and said, “Give you a break? If you would like to come up here, I’ll give you a break.”

Quote:
Yes, there is a small possibility of a final public reunion of some description.

But should there be one?
I of course do not think there should be another concert, except to make happy all the mobs of people who seem to want one. I think there should be a creative project of some sort that involves some thinking. Why not, for example, have Fleetwood Mac record and produce the Rhiannon project? They could do it in suite form, like an old prog album, with instrumental patches. Thinking out loud here.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2021, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I was listening to my tape of the LA Forum (10/02/83) the other day, and I heard a couple of things I had forgotten about. It was an extremely Stevie-chatty show anyway, much more so even than usual. But during one of her overtalky moments, Lori said, “All right — shut up!” Stevie laughed. Then, right before “Gypsy,” Stevie was going on and on, and someone in the first row must have said, “Give me a break,” because Stevie got a little miffed and said, “Give you a break? If you would like to come up here, I’ll give you a break.”

I of course do not think there should be another concert, except to make happy all the mobs of people who seem to want one. I think there should be a creative project of some sort that involves some thinking. Why not, for example, have Fleetwood Mac record and produce the Rhiannon project? They could do it in suite form, like an old prog album, with instrumental patches. Thinking out loud here.
The ideal capstone to their career as a band would be another album, preferably a double with an eclectic blend of stuff both new and from vaults. A tour at this stage is pathetic. But of course all chances of albums were wiped away years ago.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think a tour, or even a small number of megaconcerts, is going to happen. But I would like to see a TV special, one final concert to put an exclamation point on all these years. I'd love to see them broadcast a show live, and then release it on DVD or whatever media are used for this sort of thing these days.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
A tour at this stage is pathetic.
All the tours since the 2003 tour (I’ve literally lost count) have been of a type, and another tour of the big venues would be a duplicate of a type, a replica of an iteration of a pattern of an imitation.
Quote:
But of course all chances of albums were wiped away years ago.
I guess the group just doesn’t have any interest at all in recording collectively under the Fleetwood Mac moniker. Of course the bummer is that the only vitality they have left as a band is in recording (which is not true of Stevie or Lindsey individually—both still give interesting concerts).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should have called touring quits after the 2014-2015 reunion, when they all still sounded respectable and happy.

Christine and Lindsey can continue to do good work in the studio and I would love another BuckVie. But live shows would be cringeworthy….
Old 08-07-2021, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why not, for example, have Fleetwood Mac record and produce the Rhiannon project?
Given Lindsey's reported reaction to the use of Rhiannon for their MusiCares walk-on and the ignominy that ensued, this could either be the most unlikely possibility of all or just the very thing to heal the wounds and get Her to dance.

Perhaps a Broadway show. "Triad: a Fleetwood Mac Musical with birds!"

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 08-07-2021 at 12:13 AM..
Old 08-07-2021, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't think a tour, or even a small number of megaconcerts, is going to happen. But I would like to see a TV special, one final concert to put an exclamation point on all these years. I'd love to see them broadcast a show live, and then release it on DVD or whatever media are used for this sort of thing these days.
never happen....even in their heyday, when everyone's voice was still mostly intact, anything recorded live was seriously sweetened in the studio with a million overdubs or straight-up re-records. Live, in the moment, broadcast now?? Not a chance.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So you think he'd be welcomed back as the musical director then?
I don’t think he knows any other way.

If Stevie agreed to his return, I don’t think it would be a welcoming. More a “grit her teeth and bear it.” (Which begs the question, why would she? Maybe for the legacy. The money. Because Mick talked her into it…)
Old 08-07-2021, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I don’t think he knows any other way.

If Stevie agreed to his return, I don’t think it would be a welcoming. More a “grit her teeth and bear it.” (Which begs the question, why would she? Maybe for the legacy. The money. Because Mick talked her into it…)
She says she's boss in her solo tours but it's really Waddy. Yes she chooses the songs (Waddy also gets to offer songs) but Waddy's doing the live arrangements.

I'd say for the 2018 tour, Mike was the musical director. It's funny because the Lindsey songs including World Turning had the same arrangements like Lindsey did for the live shows (Mick with the rolling drums to start SHN, The guitar countoff for GYOW and Neil on the drumriser, Counting off for Monday Morning and World Turning)

As for Stevie agreeing to Lindsey returning, I don't think she cares about legacy. Because if you cared about the legacy of your band, you certainly wouldn't be performing two songs from Neil Finn that have nothing to do with your band's history unless you were doing it as a tribute to deceased. I let the Petty tribute fly but the song choice was really uninspired. Even Mike doesn't care for Free Fallin live (see his interview on the 2013 Heartbreaker Tour: "We're free from Free Fallin)

And they also should've wiped Lindsey's songs from the 2018 setlist. Sara, Over my Head, Sisters of the Moon, Crystal, Love in Store, and Angel could've been performed over some of the bland songs they did on the 2018 tour.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 08-07-2021 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-08-2021, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She says she's boss in her solo tours but it's really Waddy. Yes she chooses the songs (Waddy also gets to offer songs) but Waddy's doing the live arrangements.

I'd say for the 2018 tour, Mike was the musical director. It's funny because the Lindsey songs including World Turning had the same arrangements like Lindsey did for the live shows (Mick with the rolling drums to start SHN, The guitar countoff for GYOW and Neil on the drumriser, Counting off for Monday Morning and World Turning)

As for Stevie agreeing to Lindsey returning, I don't think she cares about legacy. Because if you cared about the legacy of your band, you certainly wouldn't be performing two songs from Neil Finn that have nothing to do with your band's history unless you were doing it as a tribute to deceased. I let the Petty tribute fly but the song choice was really uninspired. Even Mike doesn't care for Free Fallin live (see his interview on the 2013 Heartbreaker Tour: "We're free from Free Fallin)

And they also should've wiped Lindsey's songs from the 2018 setlist. Sara, Over my Head, Sisters of the Moon, Crystal, Love in Store, and Angel could've been performed over some of the bland songs they did on the 2018 tour.

the only legacy she cares about now is her own.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The original question was if there is a small possibility. Yes, I think there is, very very small. Would it be a good show? I don't think so. Do I want there to be a final show? No. Would I go? Definitely no.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the only legacy she cares about now is her own.
I think you knocked that out of the park.

If she cared about FM's legacy, there would've been an FM album released in the years between 2004 and 2021.

The whole thing about her wanting to pay tribute to Peter Green, Bob Welch, and Danny Kirwan in the live shows was a load of s**t.

She wasn't even on stage for Tell Me All the Things You Do, Oh Well, Or Man of the World. And they picked the most radio played pre-Nicks FM songs. Hypnotized got dropped really quickly and wasn't even replaced.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The original question was if there is a small possibility. Yes, I think there is, very very small. Would it be a good show? I don't think so. Do I want there to be a final show? No. Would I go? Definitely no.
I think no possibility because I believe FM with Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie is over. Stevie did the last tour to prove that the band could make loads of money without Lindsey and that was it.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think no possibility because I believe FM with Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie is over. Stevie did the last tour to prove that the band could make loads of money without Lindsey and that was it.
I agree that Fleetwood Mac is over as far as most of the Rumours five is concerned. I don't think that she just did the last tour to prove that Fleetwood Mac could make a lot of money without Lindsey .The Tango tour proved that over 30 years before. They were selling out stadiums overseas were Tango was huge then. It was basically just for greed and vindictiveness.