Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 24!

Anyone else addicted to the Jack Bauer Power Hour like I am?

I hadn't been looking forward to the premiere too much, too distracted by Alias, but they got me back. So much ass-kicking!
Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley

I hadn't been looking forward to the premiere too much, too distracted by Alias, but they got me back. So much ass-kicking!
My husband is, and I taped it for him since we were watching desperate Housewives. But I haven't told him that I think the VCR stopped at like 9:55. Hopefully the last few minutes weren't too important! Oh, he's also a big Alias fan, and I really enjoyed it the other night, too.

Carol
Old 01-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I really like this show. I was so excited when I saw gldstwmn's "24" thread last week, only to be crushed when it turned out to be about the EC count.

Both episodes tonight were great! A little formulaic in places -- Jack Bauer's saved the world 3 times already, so why won't anyone listen to him??? -- but very exciting. I LOVED when the rocket suddenly appeared and blew up the Sec of Defense's limo.

Also glad they got some new characters. Great to see Lukas Haas and William DeVane -- I've always liked them. Oh, and I'm SOOOOOOO glad Jack's daughter is gone. All that "I've gotta save my daughter!!!" crap was a little tired after 3 seasons.

2 more hours tomorrow!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I really like this show. I was so excited when I saw gldstwmn's "24" thread last week, only to be crushed when it turned out to be about the EC count.
Hee! Me too!

I LOVED William Devane. The TerrorFamily was so creepy, too. That scene of them eating breakfast was just so creepy and unsettling.

I'm with you on why they don't just listen to Jack. The new head of CTU is such a bitch on wheels. Hope she meets the same fate Ryan Chappelle did last season. Haa.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet
My husband is, and I taped it for him since we were watching desperate Housewives. But I haven't told him that I think the VCR stopped at like 9:55. Hopefully the last few minutes weren't too important! Oh, he's also a big Alias fan, and I really enjoyed it the other night, too.

Carol
From what I remember, the last five minutes just set up the Sec Of Defense storyline -- the terrorists took over the internet (using the virus discovered earlier in the show) with a webcast showing the SOD gagged & bound. They said they would try him for crimes against humanity in 3 hours, and then broadcast his beaheading to the world.

I'm sure they'll show the whole little sequence again Mon. night at the start of the next hour. "Previously on 24...!!!"

And what a nice husband, to let you watch your show and tape his!!! He's a keeper for sure...
Old 01-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The TerrorFamily was so creepy, too. That scene of them eating breakfast was just so creepy and unsettling.

I'm with you on why they don't just listen to Jack. The new head of CTU is such a bitch on wheels. Hope she meets the same fate Ryan Chappelle did last season. Haa.
Yes, creepy indeed. I think there's something up with TerrorMom -- why would SHE want to take the briefcase instead of her son. And what's in the briefcase??? I hope they show us, and don't pull a Pulp Fiction.

The new CTU head looked like she was about to cry the whole episode. And I love Chloe: "I'm not in the mood to play scared student summoned by the principal. Why don't you just get to the point?" LOL
Old 01-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite Chloe moment was when she asked Jack how Chase and Kim were, etc. and she was just all "It's not that I'm not interested,... BUT." I love me some Chloe.

TerrorMom is so beautiful. Shohreh I Can't Spell Her Last Name from The House of Sand and Fog. They did some great casting- her, Nestor Serrano, Lukas Haas.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

to download or not to download, that's my dilemma.
the channel which broadcasts the series here starts as of today to repeat the entire series on a daily basis, beginning from episode 1, which means that it'll take them something like 3 months till the new episodes finally air, i think i won't be able to resist the temptation for so long, and i'll download season 4 by then. i can't wait. i looooooooooooove 24!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited by tommer; 01-10-2005 at 01:21 AM..
Old 01-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn it I am guessing it will be another few months before before we get the new series starting over here, we are always behind with American shows.

Tynan
Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first two hours were great. I can't wait for the next two tonight. But I always need a good drink and a valium after I watch an episode of 24. I guarantee you that the kid's girlfriend is going to get it. They've got to establish that this family is ruthless so what better why to do it than by offing her? Did anyone besides me think that Jack's new girlfriend is a little. . . plain?
Old 01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chloe seems to have gotten a makeover, she was looking pretty good. I love her no nonsense attitude too.

Terror Mom is absolutely terriFYING, she scares the crap outta me.

The kid is shown to be ordered to off his GF in the scenes for tonight. I wonder what will actually happen. Also, there is some kind of plot twist tonight that "we'll never see coming". This show is so freaking exciting, I love it!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I love it, my fav show!!! We're only in mid season 3 here, so maybe I shouldn't read too much here...

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 01-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
From what I remember, the last five minutes just set up the Sec Of Defense storyline -- the terrorists took over the internet (using the virus discovered earlier in the show) with a webcast showing the SOD gagged & bound. They said they would try him for crimes against humanity in 3 hours, and then broadcast his beaheading to the world.

I'm sure they'll show the whole little sequence again Mon. night at the start of the next hour. "Previously on 24...!!!"

And what a nice husband, to let you watch your show and tape his!!! He's a keeper for sure...
Thanks for the info. I'll fill him in if he needs it. He's watching it now, so I'll soon find out if it missed the end.

Yeah, I guess I'll keep him, after 20 years together! Did I mention he cooks, too? But usually we end up watching his shows. He gives me a lot of grief when I want to watch ER. For some reason THAT'S the night he decides he wants to go to bed early. Jerk..

Carol
Old 01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
The kid is shown to be ordered to off his GF in the scenes for tonight. I wonder what will actually happen.
I was hoping he'd just decide on his own to off her, when she followed him to the briefcase delivery site. "Why didn't you call me back??? WAAAAAHHHHHH. Why are you avoiding me??? WAAAAAAAHHHHH." I wanted to go all Sopranos on her myself. What part of "I'm doing something very important for my father" could she not understand?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care for that at all.

What is it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com