User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would guess that he is(and always has been) with Mick. Mick always needs people for his side projects, so he wouldn't want to burn any bridges.
My opinion is that Billy destroyed that relationship by leaking Lindsey's firing so that he could bring traffic to his online store.

Mick's got Rick. No Billy at the Peter Green London concert!
Old 02-26-2021, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
My opinion is that Billy destroyed that relationship by leaking Lindsey's firing so that he could bring traffic to his online store.

Maybe he did. I'd give anything if I'd screen shot Billy's post before he deleted it. If you didn't see it(it was pretty long), but it was basically "so Lindsey is out, and they didn't call me?"(with a pretty pissed tone to it). It was deleted a little while later.

WHO wouldn't be pissed?

But truth told, Billy wasn't up to it(well, they're all senior citizens...) because he had to have heart surgery just a few weeks after this happened.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe he did. I'd give anything if I'd screen shot Billy's post before he deleted it. If you didn't see it(it was pretty long), but it was basically "so Lindsey is out, and they didn't call me?"(with a pretty pissed tone to it). It was deleted a little while later.

WHO wouldn't be pissed?

But truth told, Billy wasn't up to it(well, they're all senior citizens...) because he had to have heart surgery just a few weeks after this happened.
It was something like “Lindsey Buckingham is out of Fleetwood Mac and I’m not in. I’m pissed, but I’ll get over it.”

However, how sad that Billy’s career in his eyes was apparently being Lindsey’s alternate in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-27-2021, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, how sad that Billy’s career in his eyes was apparently being Lindsey’s alternate in Fleetwood Mac.
It is sad. Even though he has several solo albums, he just never had the "it" factor. He was never really more than a side man. Be it Fleetwood Mac's, or John Fogerty's, or whoever.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is sad. Even though he has several solo albums, he just never had the "it" factor. He was never really more than a side man. Be it Fleetwood Mac's, or John Fogerty's, or whoever.
The closest thing to a hit he had was “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind,” but that’s probably sentimentality for Ray Charles on my part.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-27-2021, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The closest thing to a hit he had was “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind,” but that’s probably sentimentality for Ray Charles on my part.
As much as I hate to admit it(and I do), it could be argued that Lindsey or Christine's solo careers weren't significantly more successful than Billy's.

That is a bitter pill....
Old 02-27-2021, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it(and I do), it could be argued that Lindsey or Christine's solo careers weren't significantly more successful than Billy's.

That is a bitter pill....
Nah. They were significantly more successful than Billy.

Bob Welch, not so much.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-28-2021, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

just a random thought, but given her control of the narrative around Lindsey's departure, one would have to imagine Stevie was NOT at all pleased by Billy's blabbing on social media. Mick likes to stay on Stevie's good side as it is financially advantageous. So if being (publicly at least) pals-y with Billy would irritate Stevie and make her turn some of her ire towards Mick, I could see him avoiding Billy to keep the peace with her. This band is so f****d up anything seems feasible.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
just a random thought, but given her control of the narrative around Lindsey's departure, one would have to imagine Stevie was NOT at all pleased by Billy's blabbing on social media. Mick likes to stay on Stevie's good side as it is financially advantageous. So if being (publicly at least) pals-y with Billy would irritate Stevie and make her turn some of her ire towards Mick, I could see him avoiding Billy to keep the peace with her. This band is so f****d up anything seems feasible.
I don’t think that every single incident with Fleetwood Mac centers around Stevie. Does anyone really think Stevie threatened Mick if he invited Billy to perform at the Peter Green tribute because of a tweet?

Billy had a heart attack and then later contracted COVID- those are reasons enough that Billy would have skipped the tribute. Or maybe Billy was irritated at Mick for not being called in to replace Lindsey so he declined. I just hope whatever the circumstances, Billy is in good health and doing well.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t think that every single incident with Fleetwood Mac centers around Stevie. Does anyone really think Stevie threatened Mick if he invited Billy to perform at the Peter Green tribute because of a tweet?

Billy had a heart attack and then later contracted COVID- those are reasons enough that Billy would have skipped the tribute. Or maybe Billy was irritated at Mick for not being called in to replace Lindsey so he declined. I just hope whatever the circumstances, Billy is in good health and doing well.
The tribute was just before Covid.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Agree. It’s pretty unlikely. It would indicate a Manchurian Candidate level of intrigue and plotting that is rather silly.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was probably nothing more than Billy just never being needed for the tribute concert.
Billy is not a big enough name to merit an involvement in the event. Rick was only a part of it due to his reverence of Peter. It also sounds as if it was a peace offering from Mick to Rick as they'd fallen out a couple of years previously (or at least grown apart).
All other guitarists involved were A-listers or iconic players. Billy wouldn't have added anything.
I'm sure it would have had nothing to do with Stevie Nicks' opinion.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-01-2021, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Agree. It’s pretty unlikely. It would indicate a Manchurian Candidate level of intrigue and plotting that is rather silly.
Do you not remember all of the various Boston Tea Party comps?

If it has the Fleetwood Mac name, there will be exactly that Manchurian Candidate level of intrigue and plotting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 10:14 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires. Reason: not worth the effort to clarify