The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's an italian radio/tv channel called Radio Capital that broadcasts 70s/80s/90s music. I'm watching it almost everyday since last week and in the past 3 days I was able to watch "Don't stop", "Little lies", "Sara", "Rhiannon", "Dreams" and "Seven wonders" -EDIT: and "Gypsy" (I forgot about it)
There's also another 80s local tv channel called 8FM TV and it's also possible to watch it in streaming: http://webtv.ottofm.tv/
This is the tv channel I watched 2 years ago when I lived in Turin (Piedmont) and thanks to it I discovered Fleetwood Mac's music ("Little lies" was in fact one of the first video they aired when the channel was still new and had only few songs).
There's also a tv commercial for Eni Gas Station and it's almost 6-7 years that they use "Don't stop" as background music. At first, it was used the original FM song, but now there's an instrumental version of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6k3WFGvHd8).
In 2011 the original song was changed with Erica Mou's cover (that honestly I don't like very much):

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 09-22-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Ledgie

The other week i was having lunch with my partner and they played Dreams, The Chain and then Oh Daddy in succession.

We then went for a few drinks elsewhere and we heard Gypsy and then Seven Wonders in succession.

The day before we heard Dreams in a shop and i started to duet on it with the man who was serving me.

Very strange
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at a wedding Saturday night, and during the reception the bride suprised the groom and sang him a song (she said he had never heard her sing before).

Low and behold, she sang Songbird.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I was at a wedding Saturday night, and during the reception the bride suprised the groom and sang him a song (she said he had never heard her sing before).
You should have jumped up and chimed in.

Michele
Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You should have jumped up and chimed in.

Michele
Somehow I feel like that might not have gone over so well.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Well, I had an unexpected FM moment, only it wasn't that I heard a song. A customer came in today & saw my pics of FM on my bulletin board. She said, "Is that Stevie Nicks?" And I said, "Yeah". Then she want to know if it was taken on her solo tour or during FM. And I said that it was FM (from the Unleashed Tour in Philly though I didn't tell her that). She asked if I was a big fan. Well, yes I am I replied. I think she was surprised. She then said something about how our parents said that R&R would never last & something about today's music. She said that she really can get into the music part, not so much as the lyrics. She said that the one song that she really liked from FM was Tusk. Yeah, I said that was a good song though I would say for me personally it's not my favorite. And that was my unexpected FM moment today.

Lee
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I heard the song "Say You Will" while in Zoey's Kitchen here in Austin the other day. One of the last times I was there I heard Christine McVie's "Friend." I like being surprised with obscure Mac tunes during my lunch break.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have sooo many instances, it's a bit weird.

Over the summer I typically had my iPod plugged into the car. I had been listening to FM a lot at this time, so I thought I'd switch things up and turn on the radio. So, I switch on the radio and an FM song begins to play. I can't remember which song now. But it wasn't like I jumped into the middle of a song, it was the exact beginning, no adverts, no DJ talking. It was like I had popped in a CD. The FM gods are powerful

Another time I was in JCPenny and a really horrid club remix of GYOW started to play. It was pure sacrilege! It wasn't even a cover, it was just their song mashed up and destroyed.

One other time I was leaving Target, and the music playing outside as I walked to my car was a instrumental cover of NGBA That made me happy, made me want to stand on the sidewalk a bit longer.

Last edited by KindOfWoman90; 10-24-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Love In Store, as I was leaving Lowes, a couple of days ago(so of course I didn't walk out!), and heard Big Love, in Goodwill yesterday.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I heard Love In Store, as I was leaving Lowes,
That's a rare one. I would have stayed too. Also, if they decided to make announcements over the store's P.A. system while the song was playing, I would have put a stop to that.

Michele
Old 10-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard Love In Store, as I was leaving Lowes, a couple of days ago(so of course I didn't walk out!), and heard Big Love, in Goodwill yesterday.
That's what it was! I couldn't remember if it was Love in Store or Seven Wonders but it was in Lowe's and I was really shocked. Random!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I heard Not that Funny Live in a barn the other day. Oh no wait, that was chickens squawking....

Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard a muzak version of Silver Springs at the K & W Cafeteria. That was the first time I've heard it done as elevator music, and it was actually quite nice. Not as dramatic as FM version.

BTW, the original studio version is by all-time favorite Stevie performance.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The CVS I was at today was playing Rumours in full over the loudspeaker. I made my poor dad stay in there like 20 minutes after we were done shopping because I was like soaking up that awesome moment.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's a rare one. I would have stayed too. Also, if they decided to make announcements over the store's P.A. system while the song was playing, I would have put a stop to that.

Michele
Oh hellz no! I was literally walking out the door. I planted my feet
, turned around, and pretended to shop for the next four minutes!