The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was working out in the gym, listening to my ipod, with my Mom. Took my ipod out and for some reason I didn't notice right away - probably because it would have been normal for it to have played on my ipod, so I was confused.. but Stand Back was playing on the loud speakers, so naturally I turned ot my mom and go, "This is Stevie Nicks!" And she's just like, "Okay..."
Old 10-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finishing dinner at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co here in Anaheim about a half hour ago when Don't Stop came on - as we say in the north of England that was just Bang Tidy!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On Saturday night I heard 'Say You Will' at IHOP at like 1 in the morning, haha.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Dreams at the end of "The Deep End with Nick Michaels" radio show tonight.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So recently I bought my first car. It was a big deal for me as it cost pretty much all my savings and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cars. Anyway, I was at the showroom reading through the contract - hoping that everything was in order and what comes on the radio? Rhiannon! It felt like fate so I promptly signed the paperwork and drove my new car away

I hear Fleetwood Mac all the time. They seem to follow me. The cinema, the supermarket, flicking between radio stations...
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I work late nights a lot of times, and sometimes the Mac comes on my favorite radio station when I pull into my driveway or when I'm driving home. It always makes me smile- usually it's Gypsy, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, or Say You Love Me.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They played Everywhere on the radio station at my cottage the other day and my whole family was there and I was trying not to like freak out and start singing at the top of my lungs :L
Old 10-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember one Christmas my niece got a Barbie RV with a real working radio for a gift. The radio didn't play like it was supposed to. We must have spent an hour unscrewing the battery compartment, changing the batteries, shaking the van. Finally, we somehow got it to play and when it did "Little Lies" was blasting from the toy radio.

Also, this June I walked into a room to sign a contract and when I entered Gypsy was just ending, that guitar solo, so I figured that was a "green light" sign.

Michele
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight I was flipping around on the Music Choice channels and ran across "Stand Back" on the 80s channel. When that song ended I changed over to the 70s channel and they were playing "Sara".
Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I live in Poland (where Fleetwood Mac have never been to) I hear "Little Lies", "Everything" and "Seven Wonders" regularly on different radio stations. For example, few days ago, when I woke up and turned on radio named "Golden Hits" (one of the most popular in Poland) I heard "Little Lies" again. I wonder why they play only "Tango In The Night" stuff... The strange thing happened to me few months ago when I went with my girlfriend to furniture store and suddenly she screamed: "It's Stevie!" Indeed it was "Dreams (Deep Dish Remix)". I couldn't believe that I hear it in such a place! The other day, my girlfriend said she was drinking wine with her girlfriend and suddenly there was "Stand Back Remix" bumping out of the speakers! I don't know if I can believe her (considering that she was dirinking) but the thought of it alone makes me happy
Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Even though I live in Poland (where Fleetwood Mac have never been to) I hear "Little Lies", "Everything" and "Seven Wonders" regularly on different radio stations. For example, few days ago, when I woke up and turned on radio named "Golden Hits" (one of the most popular in Poland) I heard "Little Lies" again. I wonder why they play only "Tango In The Night" stuff... The strange thing happened to me few months ago when I went with my girlfriend to furniture store and suddenly she screamed: "It's Stevie!" Indeed it was "Dreams (Deep Dish Remix)". I couldn't believe that I hear it in such a place! The other day, my girlfriend said she was drinking wine with her girlfriend and suddenly there was "Stand Back Remix" bumping out of the speakers! I don't know if I can believe her (considering that she was dirinking) but the thought of it alone makes me happy
That Stand Back remix gets me every time, me and my sister used to have a comedy workout routine to that bad boy :')

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was practicing piano late one night in my college's arts and music center, and I heard a guy from one of my classes playing guitar and singing Landslide beautifully in the lobby!! I was beyond excited.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
I was practicing piano late one night in my college's arts and music center, and I heard a guy from one of my classes playing guitar and singing Landslide beautifully in the lobby!! I was beyond excited.
You should have called him into your room and offered to play California Dreamin' together. Who knows, the rest of the story could be your history.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You should have called him into your room and offered to play California Dreamin' together. Who knows, the rest of the story could be your history.
Hahaha I actually considered telling him what a great job he had done or even requesting the next song, but I was too shy.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Doing some Thanksgiving shopping last night, heard album version "Big Love" at Trader Joe's (made the whole claustrophic experience suddenly much more pleasant) and then heard "Hold Me" at Whole Foods. I'm taking it as a sign that Thanksgiving is going to be fabulous.