The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-27-2021, 03:01 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You and David really have a beautiful, yet lucid way with words. I agree with this immensely.
David sets the bar. The rest of us try to reach it.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-27-2021, 03:13 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Who's Dreaming this dream is ok but my least favorite off her 1984 solo album and Christine probably agrees with me since it was the only track she did not do live during her solo tour promoting the album.
I saw on YouTube that Christine did perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream live. Billy Burnette did a fantastic job of singing Lindsey’s part. Are you thinking of a different song, maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-27-2021, 03:37 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I saw on YouTube that Christine did perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream live. Billy Burnette did a fantastic job of singing Lindsey’s part. Are you thinking of a different song, maybe?
I think it's on her MTV Special.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-28-2021, 05:41 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think it's on her MTV Special.
Thank you, jbrownsjr. I wasn’t aware Christine even had a special on MTV! That explains why Billy isn’t seen on other live performances I’ve seen on YouTube.

Very interesting that she didn’t perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream on the tour but did so on her special. My guess is she didn’t sing it on her tour because she didn’t have a strong enough male vocalist to sing Lindsey’s part, but since Billy was available for her special, she included it then. I’ve always thought Christine and Billy sounded great together.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thank you, jbrownsjr. I wasn’t aware Christine even had a special on MTV! That explains why Billy isn’t seen on other live performances I’ve seen on YouTube.

Very interesting that she didn’t perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream on the tour but did so on her special. My guess is she didn’t sing it on her tour because she didn’t have a strong enough male vocalist to sing Lindsey’s part, but since Billy was available for her special, she included it then. I’ve always thought Christine and Billy sounded great together.
You are referring to her "Video Album" which I think was separate from her MTV Special. The Country Club performance was not part of her tour and was recorded months before the tour started and even before the album was released. Her touring band did not include Billy Burnette and was not the same set as the country club. Songs like World Turning and Who's Dreaming This Dream were not performed. She included more work from her solo album, threw in some vintage Mac stuff besides the Mac hits. I dont think she dropped Who's Dreaming This Dream due to her touring band's vocals. Sharpe and Hawkins provided excellent vocals and even better than Billy on songs like Hold Me and Say You Love Me and even taking Winwood's lines on One In A Million. I think she made the perfect set of slow songs, classic hits, and upbeat rockers. She did perform an out track from her solo album that was on the MTV special and that was Too Much Is Not Enough. Its an upbeat rocker and a much better fit for a live performance than Who's Dreaming This Dream IMHO

This was her set list:

Say You Love Me
Love Will Show Us How
The Challenge
So Excited
Just Crazy Love
Spare Me a Little of Your Love
The Smile I Live For
Ask Anybody
Keeping Secrets
Guitar Bug (Performed by Todd Sharp)
I'm the One
One in a Million
Hold Me
Got a Hold on Me
Over My Head
You Make Loving Fun
Too Much Is Not Enough
Don't Stop
Songbird
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which I’m not part of. We don’t socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-28-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-28-2021, 03:46 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Guitar Bug (Performed by Todd Sharp)
Co-written with Billy Burnette.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-28-2021, 05:39 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This was her set list:

Say You Love Me
Love Will Show Us How
The Challenge
So Excited
Just Crazy Love
Spare Me a Little of Your Love
The Smile I Live For
Ask Anybody
Keeping Secrets
Guitar Bug (Performed by Todd Sharp)
I'm the One
One in a Million
Hold Me
Got a Hold on Me
Over My Head
You Make Loving Fun
Too Much Is Not Enough
Don't Stop
Songbird
Thanks for the set list and info about her tour and concert special, Macfan4life. Maybe now that Christine sold her catalog, we’ll get a rerelease of her 1984 album, along with a few extras.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-28-2021, 05:54 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Maybe now that Christine sold her catalog, we’ll get a rerelease of her 1984 album, along with a few extras.
Oh, I doubt that will happen. It would be great, though!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-28-2021, 06:06 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, I doubt that will happen. It would be great, though!
But they just rereleased her album from 1970, right? So surely her 1984 album might be a possibility.

Remember back in the 70s when greatest hits albums would be released by country singers, and they would be on commercials lip syncing? For some reason I still remember Anne Murray doing that LOL. Well, wouldn’t it be wonderful and hilarious if Christine would do that for a new box set? Can you imagine her playing up to the camera for a close up while singing You Make Loving Fun? Or sitting on a stool while singing Got a Hold on Me?

But wait! If you order right now, you’ll also receive the MTV concert special not seen on TV since 1984!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-28-2021, 08:59 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wouldn’t it be wonderful and hilarious if Christine would do that for a new box set? (...) Or sitting on a stool while singing Got a Hold on Me?
More likely sitting at a grand piano atop an English hill, giant red scarf blowing across her face as she tries to talk.

"Hi, this is Christine McVie. Would you be interested in buying my self-titled album from 1984? It's probably not very good, really. Maybe you're wondering what songs are on it. So am I. To be honest with you [takes a long sip of wine], I've written so many damn songs at this point they're all the same to me. I think Got a Hold On Me did alright. Can someone turn off the bloody wind fans?"
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-28-2021, 10:02 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,490
Default

Please. She couldn’t remember the title of “Got A Hold On Me” by 1987. (Go to 3:55)
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-28-2021, 11:31 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
"My secretary can't remember it either."

I wonder if that was Chris Kable?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-29-2021, 03:44 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"My secretary can't remember it either."

I wonder if that was Chris Kable?
Please. We all get brain farts from time to time. I dont know the point Steve is making. Of course she would not release a box set and there would not be a market for it even if the owners of her material did so.
She could not remember the lead single's name but the other song that barely charted? Its just a simple brain fart as she is sitting there under lights with some idiot who is sick and should not be interviewing anyone. How annoying he is.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which I’m not part of. We don’t socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-29-2021, 05:33 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
More likely sitting at a grand piano atop an English hill, giant red scarf blowing across her face as she tries to talk.

"Hi, this is Christine McVie. Would you be interested in buying my self-titled album from 1984? It's probably not very good, really. Maybe you're wondering what songs are on it. So am I. To be honest with you [takes a long sip of wine], I've written so many damn songs at this point they're all the same to me. I think Got a Hold On Me did alright. Can someone turn off the bloody wind fans?"
I could see this! “Please buy my new collection- it has all my greatest hit!”
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-29-2021, 08:09 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I could see this! “Please buy my new collection- it has all my greatest hit!”
If Lindsey can do it, so can she. “Trouble” was his only big hit. “Go Insane” and “Slow Dancing” were minor hits, just as “Love Will Show Us How” and “Friend” were for Christine.

LB’s “Wrong” had a video and may have made the lower rung of the charts.

You could then say Lindsey’s theme for National Lampoon’s Vacation made some noise. Marginally more noise than Christine’s theme for A Fine Mess. Still, both have made fine solo albums.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae

$79.99



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import

$19.99



1970s Pop by Bob Brunning picture

1970s Pop by Bob Brunning

$7.49



22nd STREATHAM CUBS

22nd STREATHAM CUBS "Songs" Featuring Fleetwood Mac's Bass player Bob Brunning

$103.12



Fleetwood Mac : The First 30 Years by Bob Brunning picture

Fleetwood Mac : The First 30 Years by Bob Brunning

$5.55




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved