The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

While never say never is always applicable to this band, I think it will be hard to regroup here. They're all pushing or in their 80s. Lindsey and John had significant health scares, and it looks like John has hung up his touring cases for good, based on what he sold. While Lindsey would maybe tour with a reconstituted FM for closure, I'm sure Stevie wouldn't -- she likely makes more money on her solo tours now, especially the co-headlining ones. While she may not get 50%, whatever she gets is going to be more than what she would get in a FM tour (and that's assuming that she demands and likely got at least 2x what the other band members got for the tour with Finn/Campbell).

Apparently someone who was at the memorial was interviewed and said that Stevie and Lindsey had a brief hug and he felt it was maybe a truce, but I think that maybe overstates two people hugging at the memorial of their longtime friend. Time will tell.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this doesn’t come across as insensitive at this time…..but I could see there being a Fleetwood Mac fundraiser concert for the people of Maui at some point.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-11-2023, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Apparently someone who was at the memorial was interviewed and said that Stevie and Lindsey had a brief hug and he felt it was maybe a truce, but I think that maybe overstates two people hugging at the memorial of their longtime friend. Time will tell.
Honestly, I don't think they were near each other. It was about Christine so Lindsey likely thought it best not to go by Stevie. Plus I'm not sure if it was a setting where people could go over to each other and talk.

I know that Sharon, Karen, Mary DeVitto, and Stevvi Alexander (2014-2017 vocals) were there.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I hope this doesn’t come across as insensitive at this time…..but I could see there being a Fleetwood Mac fundraiser concert for the people of Maui at some point.
I don't think it is insensitive; it's thinking of ways to help. Such a concert would draw in millions of dollars. Mick could make it happen. One night only in Los Angeles or maybe Honolulu. Like the 12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Alice Cooper, and Fleetwood Mac can close the evening.

I can't think of other artists who are connected to Maui.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a great idea. And with not only FM members but guest friends and artists that would like to collaborate. With a Christine tribute moment would be so beautiful.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Honestly, a benefit for Maui, and especially Lahaina is one of the few things that I could see FM reuniting for.

That said, given that Stevie's message -- which mentioned Mick, John, Christine, and herself as connected to Lahaina, her niece (who is studying to be a psychologist) and an Unnamed Lady Who Sells Opals in Lahaina, and didn't mention Lindsey, who I think has a family vacation home in Kauai and certainly was in Hawaii with Stevie and band over the years, I don't think Lindsey will be invited to participate.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That said, given that Stevie's message -- which mentioned Mick, John, Christine, and herself as connected to Lahaina, her niece (who is studying to be a psychologist) and an Unnamed Lady Who Sells Opals in Lahaina, and didn't mention Lindsey, who I think has a family vacation home in Kauai and certainly was in Hawaii with Stevie and band over the years, I don't think Lindsey will be invited to participate.
And during her 24 Karat Gold Tour, she said the rest of FM went off to Hawaii for vacation every time they finished an FM Tour, while she jumped right in to making a solo record.

I think Mick could make it happen if he called both of them, but he may not want to push Stevie just like he didn't push Chris to reconsider retirement.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will see Fleetwood Mac onstage again with the Say You Will era lineup of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John.

It's not a matter of if, but when. When Stevie finishes her 2023 tour dates, there will be discussions.

It will not be a long tour. There won't be an album or new music.

There will be a few one-off shows as a way of closing the door and paying a final tribute to Christine. They might play 3 or 4 festivals.

You have not seen the last of Lindsey and Stevie sharing the same stage. Mark my words.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

As much as I don't think they *should* reunite, I think that as long as money is available, there's always a chance that Mick, Stevie and Lindsey will share a stage again. I'm not as convinced about John.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, a benefit for Maui, and especially Lahaina is one of the few things that I could see FM reuniting for.

I'm on the fence about this one... I TOTALLY think if Mick organized some sort of benefit he would at least ask Lindsey to participate. And this would NOT be a "FM" gig (I just don't think John would participate... not saying never, but...seems unlikely) so Mick could say that to Stevie to try and persuade her. Now...would she perform with LB? I'm betting no. They might both show up, and they might both do a song or two, but not together....and the more anyone pushes it of course the more La Nicks would dig her heels in.

I will just say this.... if Lindsey goes before she does (as in the ultimate "goes") I really really really really really really really do. NOT. want. to hear her giving interviews about how sad she is, how special he was blah blah blah blah blah
Old 08-17-2023, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I will just say this.... if Lindsey goes before she does (as in the ultimate "goes") I really really really really really really really do. NOT. want. to hear her giving interviews about how sad she is, how special he was blah blah blah blah blah
But then where's the memoir she said would outline Lindsey's sins from 1968 to 2018?
It would probably have a foreword from the highly sought out expert and sin-free Vanessa Carlton.
Old 08-17-2023, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No benefit necessary.

Benefit or no benefit, right or wrong, there is going to be a very short Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour featuring the Say You Will lineup of Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John (the 4 remaining members alive).

I would say the tour will play no more than 10 dates, perhaps even a big festival. The show will be heavy on the Christine McVie tributes, speeches about "time being precious", "tomorrow is not promised", "healing", "if only we had known", etc...

Since pre-recorded backing tracks can now be used, the shows won't require very much rehearsal.

It will happen. The one slim exception might be John -- but they will find a way to wheel him out.
Old 08-17-2023, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A benefit works, but a limited engagement tour? Nah.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-18-2023, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
No benefit necessary.

Benefit or no benefit, right or wrong, there is going to be a very short Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour featuring the Say You Will lineup of Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John (the 4 remaining members alive).

I would say the tour will play no more than 10 dates, perhaps even a big festival. The show will be heavy on the Christine McVie tributes, speeches about "time being precious", "tomorrow is not promised", "healing", "if only we had known", etc...

Since pre-recorded backing tracks can now be used, the shows won't require very much rehearsal.

It will happen. The one slim exception might be John -- but they will find a way to wheel him out.
This idea SUCKS. Veto. I hope divine intervention intervenes, rather than resurrect the ghost of the band of my life.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I also predict that too. It gives Stevie cover to reunite with Lindsey and try and do damage control for her social media post. I think there will be a giant LA show with lots of bands and Fleetwood Mac as the closer.

Write it down.