User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I feel comfortable changing my statement to, "they're all nuttier than squirrel turds". Even though $tevie will always be the turdiest.

Makes me feel stupid, for following them for 44 years. Got a cyanide capsule I can borrow? I'll gladly pay you back next Tuesday...
That reminded me of a Monty Python sketch.
…..featuring the poet Ewan Mcteagle…sitting in his Croft…
“Can you lend us a quid , till the end of the week”
Old 09-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, if he stopped talking about Stevie’s personal choices, no one would bother him. But he’s inviting it. He walks a thin line. He knows he’s not wrong.

And I also have to say that I can’t believe a man who spent years on the road is saying that his wife left him and his kids in a lurch. Do his children want him to tell the press that, even if it’s the truth? I doubt it.

I mean I got the impression he thought something like that about Kristin when he wrote When She Comes Down, but I wish he wouldn’t say those things.
is this early dementia? Social boundaries eroding is one sign of it. I'm being mostly sarcastic, but I do have to wonder WTF he thinks is in all this for him. He stated in one of the interviews that essentially he thinks people like the internal gossip and that was a big part of Rumours' success and so he thinks sharing that sort of personal stuff will generate interest in/sales of this album.

Does he think if she won't let the band do one final lap, that he's going to make sure the world blames her for it??
Is he really still harboring grudges about a relationship that ended 45 years ago??
Someone needs to clue famous old white man that the times the have a-changed and the sympathy will be with her if unsavory sh*t comes out.

By adding in the comments about his wife, it furthers the impression that he always points the finger at the women in his life when things go wrong. Not a good look. Very uncomfortable watching someone step on their own d*ck.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-16-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Old 09-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing with Lindsey is I don’t even know if it’s sexist. He’s so arrogant. He is softly disdainful about everyone and their musical practices and their life choices. Remember how he said he was glad he waited until he was older to have kids because his friends who had them young were all bad parents? I’m sure he was talking about Mick chiefly, among others.

He can think what he wants about people but he doesn’t have to say it to the media. Why doesn’t he get him a Karen of his own and tell him or her all of his smirky opinions? He doesn’t have to tell the world. Stevie is awful. She will hang herself, given the chance to talk. He needn’t say anything about her.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He can think what he wants about people but he doesn’t have to say it to the media. Why doesn’t he get him a Karen of his own and tell him or her all of his smirky opinions? He doesn’t have to tell the world. Stevie is awful. She will hang herself, given the chance to talk. He needn’t say anything about her.
lol that's what m&gs were for, back in 2018. now he can't talk to fans and spill, so he's spilling to anyone asking him any questions.

i do think he just doesn't have any filter, and i was always surprised by that when meeting him in person. i mean, remember he was telling a group of like 10 fans who mostly he didn't know, and many of them were actually primarily Stevie fans, back in 2014 or so, that Stevie should be fired from FM because she wouldn't participate in the new FM album, and was throwing out various names of who should replace her.

at the time nobody believed he's so open and unfiltered because he was stuck repeating 3-4 same sentences over and over in every media interview. now he's behaving with media how he has always been in real life, and that is not very smart and is just getting him in trouble. also, when you hear him in the interview (like that podcast), he comes across as kind and thoughtful, but those same words on the paper come off very different.

that said, Stevie has been and still is always putting words in his mouth and everybody has been taking it as a gospel truth - she'd always tell the world what "Lindsey thinks" or "Lindsey feels" etc etc. and so now people state as facts what Lindsey was supposedly feeling which was mostly just bs boosting her own ego. now for a change he is contemplating about what she might be thinking or feeling, and he's portrayed as the worst misogynist there ever was. he's asked "why do you make her feel like a dying flower?" so he instead of having some positive pivot, starts contemplating why she might be feeling miserable.

that all said, i do completely agree that he should shut up about what Stevie might be thinking or feeling.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like the tone of many of his recent interviews either, but I think that Lindsey is more realistic and knows there is not much time left for any of them. Stevie may be delusional to think that she will be dancing the stages of the world for the next 20 years, but Lindsey must realize that this is one of the last times to speak his mind and he has a platform at the moment to do so. Even though he seems happy, deep down I think that he is sad after all the things that has happened to him over the last few years, but the music must be helping to pull him out of it. He is obviously still bitter over the firing and I guess he has the right to feel the way he does. I really wish he would have released this album a while back and did some virtual promotion instead of touring in this latest pandemic surge. I really can't imagine any of the members of the group being very productive at their age and they really shouldn't have to with the body of work they already done, but they should realize that they will be embarrassing themselves to continue at the same pace they currently at. Their whole stage show should be revised to play to smaller crowds, but not appear a lounge act...if they continue at all. Any of those who decide to continue should focus on studio work where they can control their sound better...if their ego will allow it. They all have huge egos, but I don't think that you can play for 40+ years to large crowds and not have an ego. That's what gives them the ability to stand in front all those people and perform. I know that I couldn't.

The "Go Your Own Way" article has the right balance of technical and personal info to keep it interesting but not being too much. I would love to see more interviews and articles like that instead of the trashy tabloids articles. I have the feelings that after Lindsey's current round of interviews, Stevie will won't to tell her story, but I suspect she won't be as kind and impartial as she has bragged for years that she would be. I seriously doubt she remembers much of what actually happened even with all the journals to refresh her memory.

I'm thrilled that we got all their albums in deluxe editions to enjoy and if they want to continue doing studio work, I will probably support that as well.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

she's totally delusional about the sort of career she has left. If anything she's gotten rather bitter about the effect of the last couple years with the pandemic and how it has ripped her off ... because you know, everything and I mean EVERYTHING in the world is about HER and how it affects her. Of course, this gave her all that free time she claimed she cravedddddd over the years to work on her poems staring at the sea and putting together her Rhiannon stuff etc etc. Did she? No. And to me, any of that is mostly fair game if he wants to comment on her. Look at me being productive and what has she done? It's bitchy but it's about work. She's never shied away from taking swipes at him regarding their working situation and how he was as a producer. In fact I don't think she's ever done an interview where she didn't bring up his name unprompted by the interviewer. She did that cringey interview when she was on whatever tv talent show that was sitting beside Jimmy Iovine and all she could talk about was LB, to the point Jimmy just rolled his eyes and said "yeah yeah Lindsey". (And then she tried to make up for it by telling him that he had the most darling little body. Hideous). She's just as self-centered as people accuse LB of being (even if her fans don't see it) and as the previous poster said, maybe that's just how you have to be to be a star for 45 years.

Having said that, I think Mick and LB are delusional about the sort of career the band has left.... with Chris and John in the physical state they are each in, and neither being very excited about the prospect of any more touring. Lindsey and Mick should give up any dreams of getting everyone together again ever; and if by a miracle it happened it won't be more than a performance that gets recorded like The Dance or something.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-16-2021 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: clarification