Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just don't get it- Stevie & Lindsey are both totally high on their respective new albums, calling them their best solo works to date. Both are hugely creatively charged from the experience. Both are getting the best critical reviews of their careers. It wouldn't surprise me if the industry recognizes both with awards for their new work. Both are getting more press than they have since the Dance. So why on earth would they just shut down all this tremendous forward motion and relegate Fleetwood Mac to an oldies recital? The stars are aligned for Fleetwood Mac to make really great music together, AND for it to be critically praised. Why on earth would they pass that up?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Probably negotiating with WB or seeing what other options to pursue...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just don't get it- Stevie & Lindsey are both totally high on their respective new albums, calling them their best solo works to date. Both are hugely creatively charged from the experience. Both are getting the best critical reviews of their careers. It wouldn't surprise me if the industry recognizes both with awards for their new work. Both are getting more press than they have since the Dance. So why on earth would they just shut down all this tremendous forward motion and relegate Fleetwood Mac to an oldies recital? The stars are aligned for Fleetwood Mac to make really great music together, AND for it to be critically praised. Why on earth would they pass that up?
This is the perfect opportunity for their final and possibly greatest album ever - if they pulled that off, I think we would forgive them endless "hits" tours from then on!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
This is the perfect opportunity for their final and possibly greatest album ever - if they pulled that off, I think we would forgive them endless "hits" tours from then on!
To be fair, they've only done one "hits" tour.

I think Fleetwood Mac has every right to hit the road and make as much cash as they can grab at this point in their lives. They do realize that time is marching on quickly and that they should squeeze in a tour whenever/wherever possible while they still have the ability to do large, arena-scale shows. What's different this time vs. Unleashed? Lindsey and Stevie have new(ish) albums under their belts. If they tour without putting out an EP (which seems to be more than likely), they will most definitely incorporate new solo songs into the set. "Secret Love" is a given since Mick plays drums on it and it is considered to be a Rumours era song. "Soldiers Angel" = Duh! I wouldn't be surprised to see three songs from each of their respective solo albums appear in the setlist, which is comparable to the number of new songs we would normally get from a Fleetwood Mac tour. This combined with one or two obscure treasures from the past plus all the hits, I think would make a fantastic show! Sign me up!

Must. renew. passport.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope for new tunes EP or CD..Of course.They wont get radio airplay on todays radio.Of course I love to see Christine pop in on the recording and lend her voice,but Thats not going to happen.Hum.I wonder what will be the name of the upcoming tour and EP will be."Unleased PT2"."Hello Again" tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I hope for new tunes EP or CD..Of course.They wont get radio airplay on todays radio.Of course I love to see Christine pop in on the recording and lend her voice,but Thats not going to happen.Hum.I wonder what will be the name of the upcoming tour and EP will be."Unleased PT2"."Hello Again" tour.
Maybe they'll copy the Eagles and call it Farewell Part 1?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
What's different this time vs. Unleashed? Lindsey and Stevie have new(ish) albums under their belts. If they tour without putting out an EP (which seems to be more than likely), they will most definitely incorporate new solo songs into the set.
I like your idea, if we can't get new FM material, but I'm far from thinking it will "most definitely" happen. I think they would be even more afraid of playing new solo songs in a FM concert than they are of playing new FM songs. In fact, I'd see them as being more likely to bundle a Fleetwood Mac tour into a BN re-release and do "new" BN songs before any SWS or IYD songs. Although, if they did venture there, I think Soldier's Angel would certainly make the cut.

Michele
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like your idea, if we can't get new FM material, but I'm far from thinking it will "most definitely" happen. I think they would be even more afraid of playing new solo songs in a FM concert than they are of playing new FM songs. In fact, I'd see them as being more likely to bundle a Fleetwood Mac tour into a BN re-release and do "new" BN songs before any SWS or IYD songs. Although, if they did venture there, I think Soldier's Angel would certainly make the cut.

Michele
Maybe they'll do the whole Mystery to Me album in order.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting that they want to do an EP before the tour... to see if they get on in the studio? It's confusing... to promote the tour?

Maybe they should do new songs on tour and release a live album a la The Dance... and then if they get on, fold those songs into a full album, which will have songs everybody knows, having been on the tour and live album...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Why do I feel as though this EP won't happen, and that the new tour shall simply be a rehash of a "greatest hits" tour, like Unleashed? I have absolutely no idea why I would feel this way. I have no reason at all to do so
Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Now, you see, I WOULD fork out £100+ to see that happen. I will not fork out the obnoxious ticket prices for the same old repackaged set that I refused to pay out for in 09.

No Christine, no dice.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now where's the "like" button?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bahahaha! That's my 3rd favorite Mac album, but without Christine it would be blasphemous!

They better change **** up though. I'm over the people who only hear Rumours songs. They can sit at home and listen to the album if that's the case.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Please, Please, Please... Perform "Dreams". It's been years (!) since we've heard the Fleetwood Mac arrangement

Okay, with that out of the way, I'd love to see an EP, but I'd be shocked if it actually happened. We can hope!

With the limited time between now and next summer to and make it easier, I'd love to see them record several simple acoustic tracks, and use that as the EP. Remember how well "Gypsy" went over as an acoustic performance with just Stevie and Lindsey? Everyone loved it.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how MIck is all like: we have so many songs to pull out of the catalogue. We did so many on the last tour and teh crowd loved it: umm... Storms... and what else?

So now we might get a rare gem like... IDWTK or Crystal... but just one, and they'll act like they have taken a chance. sigh.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.