Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last week, I tried to get an editor "friend" of mine to assign me the Lindsey review so I could contact the publicists for a CD [and, of course, write about Lindsey for a "legitimate" publication]. The editor's response was:
It’s kind of hard for me to believe LB’s solo record will be (or should be) a key moment in pop…- Diff strokes? Sure but it would probably make more sense on that front for us to agree to disagree about some phenom that was genuinely popular
*emphasis added

Note: this guy wrote a multiple page exegesis for his paper about The Drive-By Truckers. Surely, "a key moment in pop."

(The reason I posted this personal exchange was so I could put the to it)

The real reason I'm posting this is also to illustrate the degree of disrespect Lindsey gets. There are many out there actively rooting against him (note the "should be" above). I mean: does one of the masterminds behind Rumours, surely "a key moment in pop," not qualify as a "phenom that was genuinely popular"? Or has that expired? I just hope this kind of dismissiveness is not indicative of the coverage of Lindsey's new release.

For those who do manage to get an editor (or are editors themselves) to allow them or assign them to write about Lindsey, I hope you are able to emphasize why Lindsey still matters. Everything I write about Lindsey and the Mac for my website will have to be done to prove this editor wrong.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.