Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

European Football Championships
Wales 2 - Slovakia 1

Cymru am byth!

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 06-11-2016 at 04:33 PM..
Old 06-12-2016, 03:11 PM

Just been at an exhibition in my town, there were scultures shown at an antique restored church, I made more pictures of the church than of the scultures but if you want to see they're here: http://postimg.org/gallery/3agvxv3h8/1340b601/
Old 06-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Watch what you say online on Facebook,Twitter and other sites.Free speech no more.
https://youtu.be/MIkh9n84JxA

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Walked in the back door today after checking
the clouds outside. I had heard thunder so I
wanted to see where the storm was coming
from.

As I turned around to lock the screen door
I see a big snake crawling down the door
near the top. I had walked right past him
going out and coming back in.

I go around to the front door and head
towards the back. Grab my Moses Stick
and now, well lets say there's one less
snake in the world.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG can you believe I completely forgot to brag to all of you that on June 16, 2016 I celebrated exactly 14 years cigarette free? I have never forgotten one of my special anniversaries before. I chain smoked those damn things and I remember in the last few years of them waking up every morning and coughing to death. I also puked a lot in those years never knowing until I quit that my body was rejecting the nicotine. I had tried quitting several times before but could never make it past ten days. I called it "the ten day hurdle." But when my body told me it was time to quit I decided to smoke to the very last cig in that pack knowing full well that would be it. Cigs in those days cost $4.50 a pack but I saved money by purchasing them by the carton. I quit cold turkey and had cravings every day for eleven months. But I courageously fought the battle and triumphed.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I completely forgot to brag to all of you that on June 16, 2016 I celebrated exactly 14 years cigarette free?
I'm very glad for you vivfox. Congrats!
Old 06-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I quit cold turkey and had cravings every day for eleven months. But I courageously fought the battle and triumphed.
Well done! I remember thinking I could never quit and feeling bad about myself, but had my last one back in Feb. 1998. I got a hate-on for them and how they made me feel which helped. It really is weird to look back on being cig free for so long!
Old 06-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

European Championship
Wales 3 Russia 0

Wales qualify for the knock-out stages as top of Group B.
English qualify second.

Cymru am byth!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm very glad for you vivfox. Congrats!
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Well done! I remember thinking I could never quit and feeling bad about myself, but had my last one back in Feb. 1998. I got a hate-on for them and how they made me feel which helped. It really is weird to look back on being cig free for so long!
Congrats to you also!
Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG can you believe I completely forgot to brag to all of you that on June 16, 2016 I celebrated exactly 14 years cigarette free? I have never forgotten one of my special anniversaries before. I chain smoked those damn things and I remember in the last few years of them waking up every morning and coughing to death. I also puked a lot in those years never knowing until I quit that my body was rejecting the nicotine. I had tried quitting several times before but could never make it past ten days. I called it "the ten day hurdle." But when my body told me it was time to quit I decided to smoke to the very last cig in that pack knowing full well that would be it. Cigs in those days cost $4.50 a pack but I saved money by purchasing them by the carton. I quit cold turkey and had cravings every day for eleven months. But I courageously fought the battle and triumphed.

Thats nice to hear Viv. .Congrats on your kicking the bad habit.I never got into smoking .Thank god.I tried it and did not like it.I tried pot and did not inhale it.Oops Where did I hear that from.LOL...No I tried it and did not care for it.My father quit cold turkey and never looked back this time around 1982 as I remember when FM's Gypsy was on the radio.He was up to 2 1/2 to 3 packs around that time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
​Well done Viv! I also had my last cigarette nearly 14 years ago - 1st December 2002. I'd spent months travelling and decided that when I landed back in the UK I would never have another cigarette. I was a social smoker (rather than needing one every day) but just couldn't stop, it took me a couple of years of trying. My grandfather died of lung cancer in his 50's so I knew that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones if I kept up this habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
European Championship
Wales 3 Russia 0

Wales qualify for the knock-out stages as top of Group B.
English qualify second.[/SIZE]

Cymru am byth!
Da iawn!! Pob lwc Cymru!

Thanks for the update. I rarely put the TV on and I'm not a football fan so I haven't heard much about Euro 2016, but I'm glad they are doing so well.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

​It was my daughter's sports day this morning, and for the first time I plucked up the courage to join in with the parents race.
This is not the kind of thing I usually do I knew I'd be one of the last, but it felt good to give it a go
Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats nice to hear Viv. .Congrats on your kicking the bad habit.I never got into smoking .Thank god.I tried it and did not like it.I tried pot and did not inhale it.Oops Where did I hear that from.LOL...No I tried it and did not care for it.My father quit cold turkey and never looked back this time around 1982 as I remember when FM's Gypsy was on the radio.He was up to 2 1/2 to 3 packs around that time.
Very proud of your dad's accomplishment while he was alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
​Well done Viv! I also had my last cigarette nearly 14 years ago - 1st December 2002. I'd spent months travelling and decided that when I landed back in the UK I would never have another cigarette. I was a social smoker (rather than needing one every day) but just couldn't stop, it took me a couple of years of trying. My grandfather died of lung cancer in his 50's so I knew that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones if I kept up this habit.
Awesome. Me & you share the same quitting year. I was trying to figure out what smoking had to do with you being a social worker and then I read it again LOL.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wales 1 Northern Ireland 0

Wales through to the European Championships quarter final to face either Hungary or Belgium. We are still in Europe, for the time being!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Woke up...

early this morning so I could have surgery performed (Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy)).

Sitting in our apartment, my lovely wife Alisa is taking care of me.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."