User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I spend more time on here than Facebook. Also, I would love if someone would come kidnap me from this Statistics class. Kthx
Stats was the hardest class(for me, anyway) that I ever took in college. It was also the only class I never skipped, not one time, and paid attention every second. And barely got a passing grade. It was a bi*ch for me!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

JTIS I've just been informed that my boss has, for the second Christmas running, given my hours to someone else without telling me. I don't work during term, only at Christmas and summer, and it's probably too late to find work elsewhere now. I'm so disappointed -- the money wasn't for rent or food or anything like that, but it was going straight for the Lindsey Buckingham Tour 2011 fund. I don't know whether to or
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Stats was the hardest class(for me, anyway) that I ever took in college. It was also the only class I never skipped, not one time, and paid attention every second. And barely got a passing grade. It was a bi*ch for me!
It is a beeotch for me too and I am a math major!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is a beeotch for me too and I am a math major!
There should be a law against solving any problem, that requires more than 10 PAGES, of computations!!! I'd lobby for a 2 page limit!

I knew, during the first week of stats, that it was gonna take me down, unless I gave it everything I had!
And I can be a slacker, because I can always do reasonably well, without much effort, but not in the stats case! I knew it was gonna kick my *ss!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In Edge of 17 Stevie sings, "the clouds never expect it when it rains." Do you think that is a true statement?
Were you anywhere around Downtown Crossing on Saturday? I saw someone who looked exactly with you while I was shoe shopping with my roommate.

Rihanna's new album is amazing. Get LOUD. JTIS.
You're so like me
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always hear people say this and it's so strange to me. I HATE math, but statistics makes perfect sense to me. I took the AP and got a 5 and then took it again in college just because I like the class so much. Statistics tell a story, so they're the only dimension of math that seems human to me.
You're so like me
Old 11-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Were you anywhere around Downtown Crossing on Saturday? I saw someone who looked exactly with you while I was shoe shopping with my roommate.
Thanks for coming over to say hi.

No it wasn't me. I would definately have told you if I was coming to Boston. You should have taken his picture.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I always hear people say this and it's so strange to me. I HATE math, but statistics makes perfect sense to me. I took the AP and got a 5 and then took it again in college just because I like the class so much. Statistics tell a story, so they're the only dimension of math that seems human to me.
Haha it depends on what kind of Stat class you are talking about. I took an elementary stat class at my junior college and it was a breeze! I actually found it rather intriguing. However, right now I am taking "Mathematical Statistics" which is a whole conundrum of proofs and crazy ass estimations of the mean using strictly math, very few stories involved. That is what I hate most about this class. We talk about distributions and means and variances and sums, but there never is a background story at all! In elementary stat, we learned how to calculate stuff and then calculated it based on data, but in this class we focus only on the math aspect of it. And if this is the class that you like, then by all means, you can do my work for the rest of the semester!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could have written this exact post. Statistics and Research Methods (which I had to take TWICE- once in undergrad and once in graduate school) almost killed me.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha it depends on what kind of Stat class you are talking about. I took an elementary stat class at my junior college and it was a breeze! I actually found it rather intriguing. However, right now I am taking "Mathematical Statistics" which is a whole conundrum of proofs and crazy ass estimations of the mean using strictly math, very few stories involved. That is what I hate most about this class. We talk about distributions and means and variances and sums, but there never is a background story at all! In elementary stat, we learned how to calculate stuff and then calculated it based on data, but in this class we focus only on the math aspect of it. And if this is the class that you like, then by all means, you can do my work for the rest of the semester!!!
Stats isn't so bad for me at the moment but that sounds awful!

Today I grew a spine and fixed things in my life that I thought were beyond repair. I helped myself and it feels good
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Stats isn't so bad for me at the moment but that sounds awful!

Today I grew a spine and fixed things in my life that I thought were beyond repair. I helped myself and it feels good
Good on you Chuck!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I could have written this exact post. Statistics and Research Methods (which I had to take TWICE- once in undergrad and once in graduate school) almost killed me.
You were a psych major, too, right?(or did I dream that?)
Sound like the exact same class. At IU, it's # was K300. I still shudder, thinking back to that class. The prof said, on the first day, "I realize you're all a bunch of psych students, and not math majors, so I'm grading on a big curve". Had he not, probably 80% of us would have flunked!

He actually LOST my last assignment, and I didn't get a passing grade(passing grade being C-, for my major, and he gave me a D+). I told him that I'd turned it in. Well, he was a pig, and had about five, three foot high piles, of papers in the corner of his office. I sat there, for about 3-4 hours, going through the piles of papers, finally producing the UNGRADED project, that I'd turned in. He was embarrassed, and had my grade changed to the C-! Thank gawd, because I'd have probably committed suicide, instead of having to retake that f*cking class!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know why it should be so hard, giving up this circle dance. *sighs* It's time to let you go.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had a rather ****ty day so I spent the last three hours researching Aileen Wuornos just because I find her so intriguing and it helped me take my mind off of things.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the first time that I can remember, I am trying very, very, VERY hard to be mature.