User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2019 Movie Reviews

A new year has dawned.

1. The Prodigy, grade C- = horror movie, there are a couple of good moments in this movie but it doesn’t make up for the weird pacing and lame ending. This is a Netflix movie.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2. Can You Ever Forgive Me? grade B = true story about a writer who is poor and can’t pay her bills so she starts writing fake memorabilia letters from famous authors and eventually gets caught. Melissa McCarthy gives a good performance. This came out in 2018 and she is nominated for an Oscar for her performance. It’s just a nice movie.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3. Alita Battle Angel, grade B = unique movie that somehow manages to be predictable but new. The best things about this movie are the fight scenes and the dystopian visuals. It’s a cross between Aen Flux, Blade Runner and the Terminator. Worst thing about this movie is that the ending is just there to set up a sequel and could have been better.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
3. Alita Battle Angel, grade B
I just saw this last night and ended up hating it. Went in with no expectations though. Right out of the gate the movie was trouble for me because I didn't care about the characters or what was happening. The story should've been stronger, and it didn't hook me. Then the movie became laughable which was fun. A lot of the other patrons were chuckling during what were supposed to be the big dramatic moments in the movie. 4/10
Old 02-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I just saw this last night and ended up hating it. Went in with no expectations though. Right out of the gate the movie was trouble for me because I didn't care about the characters or what was happening. The story should've been stronger, and it didn't hook me. Then the movie became laughable which was fun. A lot of the other patrons were chuckling during what were supposed to be the big dramatic moments in the movie. 4/10
Yeah there are a lot of people who didn’t like it but I did like the main character. I’m into sci-fi and used to read Manga. I liked it more than most because of the different cyborgs and action. The story was sort of lame though, especially for sci-fi, but I did like the world. I totally understand your opinion though.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yeah there are a lot of people who didn’t like it but I did like the main character. I’m into sci-fi and used to read Manga. I liked it more than most because of the different cyborgs and action. The story was sort of lame though, especially for sci-fi, but I did like the world. I totally understand your opinion though.
I'm totally into sci-fi too, but Blade Runner it was not. Not that I expected it to be at that level. And as gorgeous as the film was, it was just lacking in everything underneath... so if there is an "Alita 2" I'm hopping off the bandwagon now.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm totally into sci-fi too, but Blade Runner it was not. Not that I expected it to be at that level. And as gorgeous as the film was, it was just lacking in everything underneath... so if there is an "Alita 2" I'm hopping off the bandwagon now.
I didn’t say it was Blade Runner. I said it was a mixture of things. I think this movie is a niche movie. I liked that world even though it could of been done better.