The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine will have the better legacy out of the 5 for her musical sense and songwriting. Very sensible, quirky, catchy tunes, with often great lyrics. Any drama she had through her music was pretty subdued in comparison to Stevie.

You simply can't replace that, and it showed in the Say You Will era which was an era of 2 moody exes writing moody ex songs. As much of a Stevie diehard as I have been over the years, I am simply over it, and like most of you here, don't really want to ever see them live again.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The SYW lineup killed my fandom. Christine’s return brought it back. I’d dread the SYW lineup getting back together.

Fleetwood Mac is over, now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-30-2022, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The SYW lineup killed my fandom. Christine’s return brought it back. I’d dread the SYW lineup getting back together.

Agree 100%. SYW band was rough. A band without Christine ISN'T Fleetwood Mac.

God I pray that they don't try to resurrect it. Enough is enough. It is over now.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only material that should be released by the band at this point is unreleased material or hopefully a deluxe version of Behind The Mask. Christine carried that album and it's a testament as to just how great and important she was to the success of the band.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

God I pray that they don't try to resurrect it. Enough is enough. It is over now.
Amen.

I thought this comment from her interview this past summer with Rolling Stone was curious:

Are you hoping Stevie and Lindsey are going to find a way to make peace at some point?

Well, I don’t think they are enemies anymore, but they just don’t hang out. I mean, there is, I think, a certain peace that they have now, but you’d have to ask them.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The only material that should be released by the band at this point is unreleased material or hopefully a deluxe version of Behind The Mask. Christine carried that album and it's a testament as to just how great and important she was to the success of the band.
You’re correct about that- while Behind the Mask is one of my favorite FM albums, Christine absolutely carried that album. A deluxe edition in her honor would be a beautiful tribute to her. They should also include the other songs recorded by that incarnation as well, such as As Long As You Follow, Love Shines, and Heart of Stone, and maybe Paper Doll and No Questions Asked, too.

I kind of suspect at some point the record label might release a CD of Christine’s Fleetwood Mac material, though. That really wouldn’t surprise me one bit
Old 12-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe there's a usable demo or two of an unreleased song of Christine that the other four, including Lindsey could work on and release,in time, as a single. I seem to recall she said that that she had a song at around the time of the LBCM album that she didn't know what to do with.

And that, my friends, should be it. The old vase has been broken enough times.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
It is a, timely, reminder that life is a, precious, gift and everyday we have a chance to make, hopefully, a positive affect on people's lives before we, all, get shuffled off this mortal coil.

After all, that will be our legacy when we're gone.

RIP Christine 'Perfect' M(ac)vie

'Think About It' (Before You Go) Stevie Nicks
Is that you Mick?

Unfortunately it's time to put the MAC to bed for good.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Junior Ledgie

If they get back together now I think it’ll just piss me off even more how badly Stevie really screwed things up.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am truly saddened that some of you are using the passing of our beloved songbird as an opportunity to raise the idea of a reunion of the remaining members for, what, the thousandth time?

There's no use in crying, it's all over.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I am truly saddened that some of you are using the passing of our beloved songbird as an opportunity to raise the idea of a reunion of the remaining members for, what, the thousandth time?
I don’t think anyone is asking for a reunion, but rather a tribute concert for Christine of some sort. Like the one Mick did for Peter Green. After seeing the enormous love shown for Christine by artists legendary and up and coming, I think a tribute concert somewhere down the line would be a beautiful way to remember her. And no tribute concert would be complete without all the living members of FM included, from Mick and John to Lindsey and Stevie to Rick and Billy.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

True
That Christine was not there by choice made it bearable. Just like when Lindsey left. You have no choice in the matter and carry on. Now that she is gone and not retired I would not like it at all.
Chris is the soul of the band.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It is, truly and completely.

My emotions are cemented. Even more than the abstraction of the band — which is nothing more than an allegory now (“musical soap opera,” and so on), the truly weird feeling is a context when Chris is no longer “here.” I assumed that time would come ten or fifteen years from now, and a few of the others would pop off well before then.

I’ve been in “listen to old Mac stuff only” mode for so long now, that the prospect of reunions or tributes at this stage is like the sound that the pool sweep makes. But Christine being abruptly extinguished from the planet is the shakeup for me. I was completely unprepared to read her obit, as probably most of us were, I imagine.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-01-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It is, truly and completely.

My emotions are cemented. Even more than the abstraction of the band — which is nothing more than an allegory now (“musical soap opera,” and so on), the truly weird feeling is a context when Chris is no longer “here.” I assumed that time would come ten or fifteen years from now, and a few of the others would pop off well before then.

I’ve been in “listen to old Mac stuff only” mode for so long now, that the prospect of reunions or tributes at this stage is like the sound that the pool sweep makes. But Christine being abruptly extinguished from the planet is the shakeup for me. I was completely unprepared to read her obit, as probably most of us were, I imagine.
I feel the same way. Before she passed I had downloaded MTM. I was marveling at how the Brits could handle all of these different styles of songwriting. What crazy and unique skills they had at adjusting to each writer.
The piano and keyboard parts were always what was needed with that blues flair. Bass and drums too.

I'm in a purgatory type funk at the moment. My love for her musical soul and essence were much deeper than I even imagined. I need to find some positive "something or another" to get through this.

Fleetwood Mac

THE END
Old 12-01-2022, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t think anyone is asking for a reunion, but rather a tribute concert for Christine of some sort. Like the one Mick did for Peter Green. After seeing the enormous love shown for Christine by artists legendary and up and coming, I think a tribute concert somewhere down the line would be a beautiful way to remember her. And no tribute concert would be complete without all the living members of FM included, from Mick and John to Lindsey and Stevie to Rick and Billy.
Yes. Thankyou for mentioning that. I did mean a 'Tribute'! I shouldn't of said reunion. I realise that is not possible without Christine and when I heard the very sad news I felt personally, it is not easy watching my/our favourite band slowly declining. That is all I meant. My feeling, somewhat, helpless and on behalf of myself and other people prompted the words 'Plea' and that other word which I won't mention again.