User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow 1977 Australian interview

I really enjoyed this interview. I love seeing how young they were and their mid 70s fashions. Chris as usual has drink in hand. I found her passive aggressive humor style hilarious here. The interviewer asks about having credibility with ladies in rock and roll and going on the road with them. Chris responds, "I had already been in the band for a good while as a "lady."
Chris and Stevie have some great answers.

It was the 70s and sexism even with questions are funny looking back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLaWDjNLC_4
Old 11-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey: "The new album [ed: Tusk] hopefully won't take ten months [to record]."

Lindsey's voice is so high, like he'd just smoked helium instead of weed.

Note that Lindsey defers to the "ladies" to answer that question about women in rock bands. Ahead of his time there. Or just blanking from jetlag.

What a glowing trio.
As for that hideous butterfly (moth) background they put them in front of...
Old 11-04-2022, 09:09 AM

I love the way she says, "Chicken Shack"
Old 11-04-2022, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Lindsey: "The new album [ed: Tusk] hopefully won't take ten months [to record]."
Well according to Mick's book "That summer, we took a break from recording and embarked on the Penguin Country Summer Safari 1978 .... By early 1979, many of the songs for the new album had been dreamed up and were in various states of production.".

And Tusk was released on october 1979. So in calendar terms, including the breaks, post recording production, etc., it took more than a year.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Lindsey's voice is so high, like he'd just smoked helium instead of weed.

Note that Lindsey defers to the "ladies" to answer that question about women in rock bands. Ahead of his time there. Or just blanking from jetlag.

What a glowing trio.
As for that hideous butterfly (moth) background they put them in front of...
I love it. Its so 70s and if you were alive then you can relate. Lindsey's shirt is a keeper too. In the 70s butterflies were everywhere from patches on jeans, black light posters, and bumper stickers, T shirts, etc.
The backdrop fits perfectly with their outfits. Its 1977 of course
Have you seen 1977 living room furniture?
The TV sitcom Threes Company debuted in 1977 with their iconic butterfly picture on the living room wall.
I can almost smell the pot that reeked from that butterfly moth background

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-04-2022 at 12:58 PM..
Old 11-04-2022, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love the way she says, "Chicken Shack"
She says the word …money…just as I do.
I have my leg pulled by my family all the time, for pronouncing it …munay..
….Midlands accent..
Old 11-04-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
She says the word …money…just as I do.
I have my leg pulled by my family all the time, for pronouncing it …munay..
….Midlands accent..
The brits also say, "Fweetwood Mac" if listen close.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can tell Stevie was offended by the idiocy of the “credibility of ladies in a rock band” question. The way she turns away from the interviewer towards Lindsey with a face like “can you believe this twit?” Christine’s response is amazeballs—calm, cool, yet politely withering, while also complementary to her and Steve’s trailblazing.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love it. Its so 70s and if you were alive then you can relate. Lindsey's shirt is a keeper too. In the 70s butterflies were everywhere from patches on jeans, black light posters, and bumper stickers, T shirts, etc.
The backdrop fits perfectly with their outfits. Its 1977 of course
Have you seen 1977 living room furniture?
The TV sitcom Threes Company debuted in 1977 with their iconic butterfly picture on the living room wall.
I can almost smell the pot that reeked from that butterfly moth background
Yes!!! to all of this!
Love this video! I thought I had seen everything, but I've never seen this.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
You can tell Stevie was offended by the idiocy of the “credibility of ladies in a rock band” question. The way she turns away from the interviewer towards Lindsey with a face like “can you believe this twit?” Christine’s response is amazeballs—calm, cool, yet politely withering, while also complementary to her and Steve’s trailblazing.
See I think Chris looks WAY more annoyed! I see it in her eyes. And her incredibly funny, I was in the band for quite some time as a lady. Lindsey also seemed shocked by the question and immediately turns to Chris.

That moment was my favorite of the interview along with Stevie almost perfectly predicting the amount of time it would take to record Tusk and Lindsey saying it would take that long

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-08-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
See I think Chris looks WAY more annoyed! I see it in her eyes. And her incredibly funny, I was in the band for quite some time as a lady. Lindsey also seemed shocked by the question and immediately turns to Chris.

That moment was my favorite of the interview along with Stevie almost perfectly predicting the amount of time it would take to record Tusk and Lindsey saying it would take that long
God, where have you been. Good to see your post!!
Old 11-11-2022, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris is like, as a MUSICIAN. Not just a back up singer and points out that Stevie is also a front line singer and writer.

Chris was definitely in her toes.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wasn't Heart well-established and successful by this point?
Old 11-15-2022, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Wasn't Heart well-established and successful by this point?
By 1977–yes. But the question was regarding Stevie’s entry into the band as a “lady” and Christine’s presence long before that. 1975, Heart was working towards their imminent breakthrough. They, too, experienced sexism. The song “Barracuda” was all about it.

Bottom line: Chris was a singer and player in an established rock band years before the 1976 breakthrough for Heart. She wasn’t objectified the way many male critics and PR folks objectified the Wilson sisters. Stevie was a sex symbol, but her image was more mystical than siren.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now isn’t this Molly Meldrum interviewing them — the guy who used to flirt (successfully) with Stevie?

Now I certainly agree that Madame Nicks was a creative drag on the band after her heyday, owing in large part to her narcissistic attitude. She may seem plagued by self doubts, but I bet she really isn’t. She seems to have only a very narrow type of self awareness.

Now I think that she is living the life she absolutely wants to live. All this nonsense about children and families and so forth and Stevie pining away for “what might have been” is ridiculous. She is absolutely content where she is. Remember when Lindsey put out the word that his relationship with Carol had ended? He was deluged with fan offers of marriage. Had Stevie really wanted to, she could have snapped her fingers and summoned thousands of offers of marriage — probably from every high-octane multimillionaire in the entertainment business. None of this crap of standing in the driveway waving goodbye to Stevie as she jets off. That is Stevie mythmaking. She chose not to marry because she didn’t want to marry. You’re rewriting her narrative by making her the dissipated, embittered old woman who longs for children. Au contraire, she is having a ball. She is Queen Bee, Matriarch of Music.

moviekinks.blogspot.com