User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Homer, do you consider yourself a fan of Fleetwood Mac?
Absolutely. You do realize that they're no longer the band they were 45 years ago, right? That $tevie killed the band many of us love?

BuckVie was an absolute highlight of my 45 years of fandom. So see, I'm still a huge fan..

Did I mention that the old goat KILLED THE BAND I'VE SPENT MY LIFE LOVING? I've not worshiped $tevie since OSOTM, so I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid that you are...
Old 11-10-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She said the above, except the paid staff part, in her MusiCares speech too. It's on YouTube
hmm..then why would it piss her off so much when he said it that she put out a very cranky statement along with Irving?
Old 11-11-2022, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely. You do realize that they're no longer the band they were 45 years ago, right? That $tevie killed the band many of us love?

BuckVie was an absolute highlight of my 45 years of fandom. So see, I'm still a huge fan..

Did I mention that the old goat KILLED THE BAND I'VE SPENT MY LIFE LOVING? I've not worshiped $tevie since OSOTM, so I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid that you are...
Besides firing Lindsey, Stevie has stymied the creativity of the band which we loved. Her drug addiction hurt Tango. Her klonopin addiction hurt BTM. It was great for her to stay after Chris left and SYW has some great Stevie songs. But when Chris came back we thought we would get a final studio album with the 5. Nope. She ruined that too. Now she's too busy chasing her own fame.
So yes its very frustrating what she has done to the band the last 30 years. We are left going back to 1982's Mirage to live golden days and find any scrappy demos to cherish
Looking back after all these years we can't help but wonder "what could have been?"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-11-2022 at 05:50 AM..
Old 11-11-2022, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmm..then why would it piss her off so much when he said it that she put out a very cranky statement along with Irving?
My feeling is that it hurt her when he said he thought it was hard for her to see him be happy starting a family at age 50.

In other words, she never found a husband and enjoyed a family together, and Lindsey probably knows that a soft spot for Stevie.

Remember she would tell Lindsey they'd go into a senior home and end their lives together? When his son was born, she said to Lindsey I guess we're not going into that senior home.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
My feeling is that it hurt her when he said he thought it was hard for her to see him be happy starting a family at age 50.

In other words, she never found a husband and enjoyed a family together, and Lindsey probably knows that a soft spot for Stevie.

Remember she would tell Lindsey they'd go into a senior home and end their lives together? When his son was born, she said to Lindsey I guess we're not going into that senior home.
He got to be a star and have a family. I think of the life he was able to lead compared to Stevie's. Dare I say he gets to have cake and eat it too?

I will say this about Stevie's life: It's not easy being a Superstar/Legend. Especially at her age. It's extremely hard work. In many ways, it's not a great life. Even when you're having everything done for you. There's still vocal strain, energy issues, infighting of staff, being responsible for the business side, etc.

Add to that: you're never able to venture out in public. VIP status gets old and taken for granted. It's got to be annoying having security around you all the time. Can't be fun.

Lindsey and Christine to a degree can enjoy freedom, money, and creativity, along with being stars in their own right. Christine went from 1968-2018 (give or take) and a vacation of 15 years.

And Lindsey found the love of his life and made a family. Christine seems to have a peaceful life with a degree of freedom. And they won't be bankrupt like you know who, anytime soon.

Stevie made her moves within the scope of her power. The band and fame/money. After that, her glitter fades.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-15-2022 at 08:55 AM..
Old 11-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I buy this. But her hurt and jealousy do not excuse her anger. She used all of her star power to present Fleetwood and the McVies with an ultimatum she and Irving knew their greed would never allow them to challenge. They accepted her terms for tour $. She got to rewrite her role in the band history (as her PR team continues to do with those effing Showbiz Cheat Sheets) and, well, they all turned their back on the man who did the heavy lifting for decades.

Listen, Stevie’s persistence and star power are phenomenal. In many ways, her constant maneuvers to stay on top since 1997 have been equally as impressive as the musical legacy she exploited to stay on top after her comeback. I won’t deny her the achievement or the right to explore it.

But she has used that very power to hurt the band who furnished her stardom. She could argue that she is the sole reason the larger public even still thinks about Fleetwood Mac. She’s not wrong. For most, she is the face and voice of the band. People talk about her singing even in songs where she isn’t the lead singer. Most of the public is obtuse that way. But she basically destroyed the band to get her way. And felt she had the right and power to do so.

She had the power — this much we know.

But for me the bottom line is this: Buckingham/McVie and Buckingham’s latest solo album are more creative and original than anything she had done in decades. I say this as a fan of IYD.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I buy this. But her hurt and jealousy do not excuse her anger. She used all of her star power to present Fleetwood and the McVies with an ultimatum she and Irving knew their greed would never allow them to challenge. They accepted her terms for tour $. She got to rewrite her role in the band history (as her PR team continues to do with those effing Showbiz Cheat Sheets) and, well, they all turned their back on the man who did the heavy lifting for decades.

Listen, Stevie’s persistence and star power are phenomenal. In many ways, her constant maneuvers to stay on top since 1997 have been equally as impressive as the musical legacy she exploited to stay on top after her comeback. I won’t deny her the achievement or the right to explore it.

But she has used that very power to hurt the band who furnished her stardom. She could argue that she is the sole reason the larger public even still thinks about Fleetwood Mac. She’s not wrong. For most, she is the face and voice of the band. People talk about her singing even in songs where she isn’t the lead singer. Most of the public is obtuse that way. But she basically destroyed the band to get her way. And felt she had the right and power to do so.

But for me the bottom line is this: Buckingham/McVie and Buckingham’s latest solo album are more creative and original than anything she had done in decades. I say this as a fan of IYD.
Perfectly stated, my thoughts exactly!
Old 11-15-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

AMEN!