The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For real though...it's insane if they invested resources into the Live 1980 deluxe package and somehow ignore the 25th Anniversary of The Dance.

It's shocking there wasn't a 10th or 15th Anniversary project released for it. It was a huge success at the time. Of all cash cows to milk, they have oddly put that release out to pasture so far.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
For real though...it's insane if they invested resources into the Live 1980 deluxe package and somehow ignore the 25th Anniversary of The Dance.
I find it odd, too, considering the deluxe packages. Maybe it boils down to what Rhino wants to release—and that boils down to the email they get and the availability of source tapes.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I find it odd, too, considering the deluxe packages. Maybe it boils down to what Rhino wants to release—and that boils down to the email they get and the availability of source tapes.
It is really odd! A UGE opportunity.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, looks like the announcement was indeed an auction: https://www.billboard.com/music/musi...es-1235151671/
Old 10-06-2022, 06:45 PM

How un-exciting!!!
Old 10-06-2022, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't touch anything that had ever been between Mick's legs.

#thatsnasty

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 10-06-2022 at 08:56 PM..
Old 10-06-2022, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would touch anything that had ever been between Mick's legs.

#thatsnasty
Down, Homer! I’m surprised to hear you say you would touch anything that dangled between Mick’s moist thighs LOL!
Old 10-06-2022, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Down, Homer! I’m surprised to hear you say you would touch anything that dangled between Mick’s moist thighs LOL!
god I hate typing on my phone. Auto correct f*cks you every time.

Pretty funny, though. Mick has been nasty for 40 years...
Old 10-07-2022, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is ridiculous. I have never seen a band auction off their awards. Mick is selling his Rock N Roll Hall of Fame award? The Hall should strip it from him. He really needs the money? Many artists auction off clothes and mementos. That is not new. Elton John had a huge auction a few years ago. But these auctions are always 100% for charity. But they are actually profiting from this auction and will only say a part of the proceeds goes to charity but refuse to say the percentage. That tells you everything you need to know.
Stevie does not want the Video award for Gypsy? I would think of all that work she was forced to do she would want it. So they decided to keep the Grammys

This band keeps getting more ridiculous
Old 10-07-2022, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie does not want the Video award for Gypsy? I would think of all that work she was forced to do she would want it.
I think the article says that it's Christine trophy for the Gypsy video. I guess each band member got one, and after all Chris is a supporting actress in the video.

I have no doubt that Mick also tried to rope Stevie and maybe Lindsey into this sell-out sell-off, and that those two wanted nothing to do with it.

I can understand Christine getting rid of stuff. She comes across as completely unsentimental most of the time, and maybe there are some tax considerations for liquidating your estate while alive. But the shonky and shameless idea of selling off a bunch of random crap with "a portion" of the proceeds going to charity has the name Mick Fleecewood all over it. I imagine that whoever places the winning bid on Christine's historic baby grand will open the lid to find a one-month trial subscription to Fleetwood's Coffee Beans taped to the keys.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

The Julian’s Auctions list saddens me. To see Christine auctioning off her tour traveling vanity case..is all I need to know. The end of an era.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Here is the actual list of items

https://www.juliensauctions.com/about-auction?id=428
Old 10-07-2022, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think the article says that it's Christine trophy for the Gypsy video. I guess each band member got one, and after all Chris is a supporting actress in the video.

I have no doubt that Mick also tried to rope Stevie and maybe Lindsey into this sell-out sell-off, and that those two wanted nothing to do with it.

I can understand Christine getting rid of stuff. She comes across as completely unsentimental most of the time, and maybe there are some tax considerations for liquidating your estate while alive. But the shonky and shameless idea of selling off a bunch of random crap with "a portion" of the proceeds going to charity has the name Mick Fleecewood all over it. I imagine that whoever places the winning bid on Christine's historic baby grand will open the lid to find a one-month trial subscription to Fleetwood's Coffee Beans taped to the keys.
Thats a good point that Stevie and Lindsey stuff seems to be missing which tells you something. You are right, its Chris selling her Gypsy trophy.

These auctions happen all the time in rock. I think its cool and hopefully Chris's dress ends up at a Hard Rock somewhere for the world to see.

My issue is this auction is not exclusively for charity. I have never seen something like this before. It tells you it was Mick that concocted this idea since he has not much royalties and touring cash to get him by. He leads one of the biggest bands in rock and does meet and greets for a few hundred dollars. How could anyone sell their RRHOF award for cash and not exclusively for charity? That's a first for rock. It's pathetic to sell it. I applaud Stevie and Lindsey for not taking part.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Very funny! If the coffee beans are in fact included, I may actually purchase the baby grand. But I really don’t get the hate by some folks- as you yourself said, it’s just “a bunch of random crap.” I get rid of my crap by donating it to Good Will, but only because I can’t get anyone to bid on it!

Same thing about Christine- of all of the members, she is the least sentimental. Frankly, I’m stunned she still has that dress from the back of the Rumours cover. A pack rat who keeps mementos of their tours, photo shoots, recordings, and clothing and accessories would seem to describe Stevie, not Christine.

I wonder how much the cutout board of John would fetch? I admit I’m curious to see how well those items do sell, but I don’t mind they’re doing this. I’m sure they talked it over with their families and the survivors of their estate don’t want them, so why not sell them? They get money and folks who pay that much will certainly take care of the items in question. It’s not like someone’s gonna buy those awards so they can be melted for scrap. I’m getting a sense of “I already hate Mick so now I can add this to the list of reasons why I hate him.”
Old 10-07-2022, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anybody notice in the Billboard article it mentions Lindsey as a member of Fleetwood Mac and doesn't mention Mike or Neil?

"The two other members of the celebrated quintet — Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks — are not involved with the auction."