The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JB - I respect and understand your need to delete my post. I stand by my words and the danger that Stephen presents to the existence of The Ledge, as in my opinion he is an active bully to contrary thought. But, as you have ruled, I will walk away defeated and overruled by you. Best to you and your nuanced opinions. I truly do respect all that you have done to elevate each of us as individuals, and as a community.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
JB - I respect and understand your need to delete my post. I stand by my words and the danger that Stephen presents to the existence of The Ledge, as in my opinion he is an active bully to contrary thought. But, as you have ruled, I will walk away defeated and overruled by you. Best to you and your nuanced opinions. I truly do respect all that you have done to elevate each of us as individuals, and as a community.
John, your words haven't had respect for anyone here in a long time. Each time you come in, you bully anyone that disagrees with you, and then tell us how horrible the rest of us mere fans are.

I deleted your post because you continually call member's names, let us know why you despise us, and then "RUN". You're welcome here, but why keep returning only to "stir the pot".

If you have a different opinion than SteveMac, it's fine. But, to project all that unnecessary name calling at him is a bit much. If he'd have disrespected you, I would have deleted his posts.

Ask Homie, I've deleted his in the past. And he privately yells at me. It's ok, I can't please everyone. But, you went way over the top.

Admittedly, I've had to apologize a few times because of my passion for the band and disdain for past members. So I'm not saying I'm above getting P*ssed..
I'm saying it's just your turn to get a comment deleted.

Let's carry on, respectfully. Please.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JB, please show me where I have been, over a long period of time, disrespectful to others? I forthwith, without delay, ask to see evidence of multiple disparaging posts, as you cite that this has been an ongoing problem. If you cannot show multiple posts where I've been disrespectful, then you must immediately delete your line about this being a long standing problem. If you do not, I will consider that you have purposely and willingly defamed me. I gently ask that you substantiate your claims. If you do not, then this will escalate. I truly respect you, but do not defame me without basis in order to protect your friends.

Last edited by John Run; 04-24-2024 at 01:21 AM..
Old 04-23-2024, 05:56 PM

Quote:
JB, please show me where I have been over a long period of time disrespectful to others? I forthwith without delay, to see multiple disparaging posts as you cite that this have been an ongoing problem. If you cannot show multiple posts where I've been disrespectful, then you must immediately delete your line about this being a long standing problem. If you do not, I will consider that you have purposely and willingly defamed me. I gently ask that you substantiate your claims. If you do not then, this will escalate. I truly respect you, but do not defame me without basis in order to protect your friends.
John Run... You are correct. I thought you were a different John. He always bashes the members and then states he's never coming back.

I apologize and stand corrected. Now may we carry on.... Respectfully... thanks...
Old 04-23-2024, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JB, Jr., I have been posting on this account since 2001 and the original Ledge back to 1996. I have never had 1 strike against me. I finally had enough of a particular member who in my opinion has been allowed to carry on as a bully without consequence. I will carry on from here forward without malice or any ill intent. Thank you for your engagement and understanding.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
JB, Jr., I have been posting on this account since 2001 and the original Ledge back to 1996. I have never had 1 strike against me. I finally had enough of a particular member who in my opinion has been allowed to carry on as a bully without consequence. I will carry on from here forward without malice or any ill intent. Thank you for your engagement and understanding.
John, my brain is definitely losing it. I remember of whom I was thinking of. It was not you. I'm sorry I called you out. I'm never afraid to admit when I'm wrong. It's why I'm so pretty.

As for the other issue, you can always block any member so you don't have to read their posts.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand by my words and the danger that Stephen presents to the existence of The Ledge, as in my opinion he is an active bully to contrary thought.
I guess “bully” means calling someone out for selectively curating and presenting a lot of information to create a narrative while knowingly omitting or misrepresenting facts that directly contradict that narrative.

Sure, it’s possible you somehow knew about the Kyle Meridith video but not Mick’s heavily quoted 2023 Grammy’s red carpet interview. However, I don’t believe that for a second.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2024, 06:26 PM

Steve/John... You guys want to debate this, it's fine.

Just please ease up on the sarcasm, baiting, etc.
I don't ask for much.

To quote a wise old lady, "nothing ever changes, you know it doesn't..."
Old 04-23-2024, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
John, my brain is definitely losing it. I remember of whom I was thinking of. It was not you. I'm sorry I called you out. I'm never afraid to admit when I'm wrong. It's why I'm so pretty.

As for the other issue, you can always block any member so you don't have to read their posts.
We are good. Move forward, my introspective and intuitive Ledge friend.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:10 PM
justcrazylove
This message has been deleted by justcrazylove.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I guess “bully” means calling someone out for selectively curating and presenting a lot of information to create a narrative while knowingly omitting or misrepresenting facts that directly contradict that narrative.

Sure, it’s possible you somehow knew about the Kyle Meridith video but not Mick’s heavily quoted 2023 Grammy’s red carpet interview. However, I don’t believe that for a second.

This really is the hill you're prepared to die on, isn't it... I mean c'mon you're going to use a comment from Mick!! Mick, of all people to justify your point?

The picture is pretty clear by this point, everything that came out of the band's mouth was pure BS. Let's all reflect back on the CBS interview and Christine's body language. Stevie holding on to John for dear life. It was all crap.

Now I'm imagining you are going to respond with something along the lines of... "The band has always had revolving line-up" "Lindsey sealed his fate with his comments about the Classic East/West shows." yada yada yada. BORING!

The facts are evident, Lindsey was and has always been, since 1975, the musical director of this band. In the studio and on stage. Stevie and Mick took away his legacy and his contribution from the band he has poured his life's work into. The band's fans and Lindsey's fans have every bloody right to feel pissed off to this day.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
This really is the hill you're prepared to die on, isn't it... I mean c'mon you're going to use a comment from Mick!! Mick, of all people to justify your point?
Why would Mick lie about who he considers to still be in a band he just got done saying is probably over in wake of Christine’s death?

Also, Mike Campbell didn’t just say “that ship has sailed.” That was a clickbait headline for something that was all of a minute late into a twenty minute interview. Mike provided much more nuance to his answer and left the door open to working with Fleetwood Mac again. If a point is going to be referenced, it should be done so accurately.

Regardless, I still don’t see why it matters whether Neil and Mike were signatories or contracted players. They were trotted out as Neil Finn of Split Enz and Crowded House and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, the band played “I Got You,” “Don’t Dream It’s Over,” and “Free Fallin’,” and they were featured on merch.

Furthermore, since it’s usually the next talking point, I also don’t see why it matters that they didn’t make an album. Even if they had and it was a major critical and commercial success, the primary relevance of Neil and Mike as it pertains to the Fleetwood Mac story would be as the guys who replaced Lindsey Buckingham in the band’s twilight. To put it a different way, Billy Burnette and Rick Vito made an album with Fleetwood Mac and are only remembered for replacing Lindsey Buckingham in the late ‘80s.

Quote:
Now I'm imagining you are going to respond with something along the lines of... "The band has always had revolving line-up" "Lindsey sealed his fate with his comments about the Classic East/West shows." yada yada yada. BORING!
That would have nothing to do with this discussion.

Quote:
The facts are evident, Lindsey was and has always been, since 1975, the musical director of this band. In the studio and on stage. Stevie and Mick took away his legacy and his contribution from the band he has poured his life's work into. The band's fans and Lindsey's fans have every bloody right to feel pissed off to this day.
The one hill I WILL die on is that the Fleetwood Mac story is that of Mick, John, and Christine. Peter, Lindsey, Stevie, etc. were characters in that story, some way more important than others, but Mick, John, and Christine were the protagonists. They were there at the beginning (albeit not in the band together) and they were able to finish the story together.

I didn’t like how it ended with Lindsey. I always said I was disappointed that the classic lineup wasn’t going to ride off into the sunset together. That said, I wasn’t going to lose my objectivity about him or them. They lied, kind of like when he said “it felt like a duet album.” Those BS answers came from some pinhead in legal and/or management telling them what to say. And, while I feel for Lindsey, something that was a cash grab tour from the outset wasn’t going to define or change his legacy with the band.

Dysfunctional band has dysfunctional ending. Sounds about right. Life goes on.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2024, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Furthermore, since it’s usually the next talking point, I also don’t see why it matters that they didn’t make an album. Even if they had and it was a major critical and commercial success, the primary relevance of Neil and Mike as it pertains to the Fleetwood Mac story would be as the guys who replaced Lindsey Buckingham in the band’s twilight. To put it a different way, Billy Burnette and Rick Vito made an album with Fleetwood Mac and are only remembered for replacing Lindsey Buckingham in the late ‘80s.
I would quibble with that statement and say "they are the guys who replaced Lindsey Buckingham on the final FM tour". I don't think they replaced him in the band because other than basically playing his parts on the road (and not perfectly apparently) they didn't contribute anything significant at all to the band or its legacy and other than in the most technical sense were not actual members of the band (regardless of whatever marketing, face-saving bulls&t Mick said/says)

Quote:
Dysfunctional band has dysfunctional ending. Sounds about right. Life goes on.
Alas that part does seem predictable.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose it's only right that a Fleetwood Mac fan board should be full of squabbling, grudges and outright bitching.

It's what they would want.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

CBS December 2018 – Lindsey states Christine wrote to him “I had nothing to do with any of this and I believe deep in her heart of hearts, Stevie wants you to come home.”

Did he say she wrote that? I remember the "I had nothing to do...", don't know if it was from the same source, but it was followed with "...I'm buying a house so sorry" or something like that. Not with a statement about Stevie.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Did he say she wrote that? I remember the "I had nothing to do...", don't know if it was from the same source, but it was followed with "...I'm buying a house so sorry" or something like that. Not with a statement about Stevie.
According to LB, she did write both of those things.