The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:09 AM

Lily Rabe To Play Famous Serial Killer In 'American Horror Story: Hotel'

We've seen Lily Rabe as a nun, a grieving mother and a Stevie Nicks-loving witch. Now, the actress will play a serial killer in "American Horror Story: Hotel."

Entertainment Weekly revealed on Wednesday that Rabe is officially returning for the new season of the FX anthology series. Rabe appeared in Seasons 1 through 3 and made a small cameo in Season 4's "Freak Show," reprising her "Asylum" character Sister Mary Eunice. But this year, Rabe will be checking into the "Hotel" to portray a famous serial killer.

Since Rabe will seemingly be playing a real-life figure, "AHS" fans are already digging for clues. One guess from redditor TheStarDescent is that Rabe could portray Lavinia Fisher, who, according to legend, may have been the first female serial killer in America. Rumor has it that Fisher and her husband John ran the Six Mile House, which some believe was a hotel or hideout for outlaws, outside of Charleston, South Carolina. After last season's Edward Mordrake, we know that co-creator Ryan Murphy loves to dabble in scary myths.

The same fan also theorized that Rabe's casting could signal the return of her Season 1 character, Nora Montgomery. In "Murder House," Nora and her husband Charles moved to Los Angeles in 1922. While we don't know what year or era "Hotel" takes place in, fans are guessing the hotel could roughly be from the 1920s or 1930s because of a photo that recently surfaced online.

Murphy's assistant, Sara Stelwagen, recently posted a photo of what appeared to be the "AHS: Hotel" directors chair on her Instagram. This set fans on Tumblr into a frenzy as they tried to decode what the logo could mean, suspecting that the art deco font signaled the '20s or '30s era and theorizing what appears to be the letters "C" and "H" printed on the chair cover. We can assume the chair is real, though, since "Hotel" star Matt Bomer shared a photo of his chair on Twitter on Wednesday.

But in truth, no one really knows what year "Hotel" will take place in or what the titular hotel will be called (though, we've made our guesses). We do know some character names, however. Sarah Paulson will play a character named Hypodermic Sally, Evan Peters will be Mr. March, Kathy Bates is Iris and Matt Bomer is Donovan. The season will also star Lady Gaga, Chloe Sevigny, Angela Bassett, Finn Wittrock, Wes Bentley, Max Greenfield, Denis O'Hare and Cheyenne Jackson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...n-horror-story
Old 07-24-2015, 07:44 AM

'American Horror Story' season 5 spoilers: Helena Mattsson from 'Mistresses' joins cast

More and more folks are swarming into the hotel, with the latest season of "American Horror Story" casting "Mistresses" star Helena Mattsson. The actress revealed her horror gig by posting a photo on her Instagram account with #americanhorrorstory on the caption.

Another day at work. Getting ready to film some scary stuff... #thatsallicansay #americanhorrorstory

According to her IMDB profile, Mattsson will play a character named Agnetha and she will appear in the premiere episode of "American Horror Story: Hotel" titled "Checking In." Unfortunately, other than that, there's no information available that will help fans develop a description or an image of the newcomer.

It is also unknown if she will only be putting in an appearance in the opening episode. Carter Matt guesses that she will be one of those characters that creator Ryan Murphy mentioned will book a room in the hotel.

Mattsson is no stranger to the horror genre. Before "AHS," the actress starred in sci-fi horror film "Species: The Awakening," where she portrayed the role of a half-human, half-alien. She also appeared in ABC's fleeting supernatural drama series "666 Park Avenue."

"American Horror Story: Hotel" will be headlined by Lady Gaga. Other staple cast members in the FX anthology appearing this season are Sarah Paulson (Hypodermic Sally), Kathy Bates (Iris), Evan Peters (Mr. March), and Angela Bassett (Ramona).

Those whose characters have yet to be revealed include Emma Roberts, Chloe Sevigny, Finn Wittrock, and Wes Bentley. Newcomers include Max Greenfield, Denis O'Hare, Cheyenne Jackson, Matt Bomer (Donovan) and Richard T. Jones (Detective Hahn).

Murphy told Deadline that the new season is "based in the hotel in horror movies and horror tropes." He added that it will be the same as the show's "Murder House" season "in that when you check into a hotel, there are certain things beyond your control."

"American Horror Story: Hotel" will premiere in October. The filming for the new season began this month.

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...cast/59727.htm
Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 AM

American Horror Story: Naomi Campbell to Face Off With Lady Gaga in Hotel (and Become Ultimate Fashion Victim)
By Michael Ausiello / July 23 2015, 6:12 PM PDT

Undeterred by the verbal beatdown she received last season at the hands of Empire‘s Cookie, Naomi Campbellis going toe-to-toe with another formidable diva: Lady Gaga.
The actress-supermodel is checking into American Horror Story: Hotel for a multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Campbell — who starts shooting next weekwill play a fashion editor who pays the ultimate price for her critiques. In addition to Gaga, she will also have scenes with returning AHS alum Angela Bassett.

Campbell joins a swelling Hotel guest list that includes fellow AHS virgins Gaga and Max Greenfield, as well as franchise vets Bassett, Matt Bomer, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Denis O’Hare, Finn Wittrock and Lily Rabe.

In a recent interview, exec producer Murphy revealed that AHS: Hotel will be “much more horror-based” and “more dark” than its predecessors, adding, “It’s… a little bloodier and grislier I think than anything that we’ve done before. It’s straight horror this year.”

http://tvline.com/2015/07/23/naomi-c...r-story-death/
Old 07-28-2015, 08:28 AM

A Newly Single Evan Peters Explains What It Takes to Date Him
The American Horror Story babe show discusses his shy side, why he dislikes Instagram, and what he thinks when he hears a girl say she "can't even."

Your American Horror Story boyfriend Evan Peters is now starring in a movie called Safelight, about a high school boy (Peters) with cerebral palsy who goes on a road trip with a young prostitute (played by Juno Temple) to help her escape her pimp. The movie, set in the 1970s, is pretty heavy, but in the interest of supporting your American Horror Story boyfriend — an excellent actor, don't forget — you should see it (it's available on VOD and in select theaters). Cosmopolitan.com spoke to Peters about why the role resonated with him, what he doesn't understand about teenage girls, and how you can win over his (newly single) heart.

The movie is so heavy. How do you deal with that between takes? Do you stay in character? Try to lighten things up?
I think it's important to stay in it. Obviously you have to separate yourself from the character, but it's important to get the job done as quickly and correctly as you can rather than go cracking a bunch of jokes. There are definitely periods where you have so much down time you're able to do whatever: eat a sandwich, hang out and talk.

Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do?
I have knitted before, but I gave that up.

Knitting? Really?
Yeah. Now I just read or listen to music or search online and hang out and talk to people. There are so many people at work who are interesting to talk to and learn from, so I'm trying to do that a little bit more.

What appealed to you about this movie?
Well, the physical challenge was a huge thing. I felt a lot for the character — my uncle had cerebral palsy. It's tough, it's a really difficult life, but people power through and they push through and that's what's so beautiful about it.

Oh, wow, that's so inspiring. Is your uncle still alive?
No, he passed away.

I'm so sorry. What a wonderful tribute.
Yes, absolutely.

Obviously you're so different than your character in many ways, but is there anything that teenage Evan can relate to?
Yeah, definitely being insecure and wanting to date a girl but being too insecure with myself to even talk to her.

Really?
Oh, yeah, tons of that. I can definitely relate.

It's so interesting to hear because so many people see you as a big star, so it's hard to imagine. Have things changed for you now?
No, I'm still terrified. I'm not very good at dating. So. Yeah.

OK, so what's the way to your heart? How does one crack you?
I don't know. I guess girls who give me a chance, you know? If I say the wrong thing or do something stupid or fumble or spill **** on my shirt, she's OK with it. She's cool with that and will give me another chance to say the right thing, and get past my nerves and insecurity. Gotta give a guy a chance, essentially. There are a lot of girls out there who don't really want to do that. But there are a lot of girls out there who do, and those are the ones — the only ones — I can really go for. I need a couple more chances than just the first one.

"Gotta give a guy a chance, essentially. There are a lot of girls out there who don't really want to do that."

First impressions aren't your forte?
Not really. I'm kind of horrible at it. I'm more of an acquired taste I think. I'm just shy and I don't know what to say. I have such a, it's hard to describe it — I get nervous about things I say. I don't want to offend any body or hurt somebody's feelings or whatever.

You're so in your head.
So in my head! Then I clam up and can't say anything. What's wrong with me? I don't know.

I think a lot of people can relate to that.
That's true. It's not just me; there are a lot of people out there like that.

Yep, and they're all just fumbling their way through first, second, and third dates.
It's also, like, when you're trying to say something or do something, and it doesn't come out the right way, and they're like, "I get what you're trying to say." There's something really awesome about that — "I get it." It's cool.

I get what you're saying.
[Laughs.] Sorry, I don't even know what I'm talking about now. ​

It ties in to my next question. You have such a huge fan base, particularly of teenage girls — what fascinates you about teenage girls today?
Selfies and selfie sticks. I think they're kind of hilarious. And Instagram — I never really understood it; I still don't get it. And I'm not very good at it. I just chalk it up to not being good at it.

If a girl said "pizza is bae," would you get it?
Yeah, I know about bae. I only learned about it a couple of years ago. I was like, "What the hell are you saying? Is that babe?" "It's like babe but it's bae. It's with no b." OK, great, all right. I guess it's easier to say.

It takes way too much energy to finish the word.
That's the thing too, teenage girls don't finish words. Like "amaze" and other things I just can't think of right now. Let's just talk for a second and I'm sure I'll think of something. Oh, totes. Ah, there you go. Totes.

Good one. How about "I can't even"? Can't even what?
Ah, "I can't even." Yeah, I can't even with "I can't even."

Switching gears now, I have to ask you about Lady Gaga.
I'm so excited to work with her and to see her on the show.

Do you remember when she first came on the scene?
I remember the video that came out. It was really cool, I liked that.

Which one? Like her first song?
No, the video that named [the season] Hotel. First of all, I didn't know the name of the show and second of all, I didn't know that Lady Gaga was going to be on it. So I was like, "This is badass."​​

Do you think you'll sing together at all?
There's going to be no singing this year. Ryan [Murphy, co-creator of American Horror Story ] was very adamant about that. No singing. He's always switching it up. So it'll just be her there to act. It'll be brilliant. ​​

Are you going to refer to her as Lady Gaga? Ms. Gaga? Or Stefanie?
All of the above! Depending on the situation. Actually, I want to call her Stefanie. I think it would be really cool to call Lady Gaga by her first name. Or Gags [pronounced ​GAHGZ​].​

Like the teenage girls would do.
Ha. Yes. I'm going to go hang out with Gags on set. ​

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertai...ght-interview/
Old 08-04-2015, 05:04 AM

Emmy Contenders: Finn Wittrock gets bloody in 'Horror Story'

By YVONNE VILLARREAL contact the reporter Television Primetime Emmy Awards

Finn Wittrock was thrilled when he won a role on Ryan Murphy's television production of "The Normal Heart," but then when Murphy came up to him on set one day and flat-out offered the 30-year-old actor a role on his other project -- "American Horror Story: Freak Show" -- well, he just had to do a reality check. "Uh, is this real life?" the newly minted Emmy nominee wondered.

It was indeed, but it was another two months before he found out what he'd be doing on "Freak Show" -- small animals and little children beware. He's not sure exactly what Murphy saw in him to play the spoiled child-turned-murderous psychopath Dandy Mott, friend to killer clowns, but he's glad he saw something. How else could he have killed off Patti LaBelle? And then there's that whole blood bath thing.

Take a look at what he has to say about the crazy extremes his character goes to in the video above.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...803-story.html

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 08-04-2015 at 05:07 AM..
Old 08-05-2015, 09:04 AM

NEWS/ Darren Criss in Talks for American Horror Story: Hotel—Find Out Who Has It Out For Him!

Darren Criss is in talks to check into American Horror Story: Hotel. Commence the freak out! E! News has learned exclusively that the Glee veteran, who just wrapped an acclaimed run on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, is set to join American Horror Story in the Halloween episode, for a recurring role. And he will play a hipster!

Criss is in talks to play Justin, a Silver Lake hipster who heads to the hotel on Halloween with his equally hip girlfriend to escape pesky trick-or-treaters. But after one too many room service demands, Kathy Bates' character, the head of the hotel, gives Criss' character a Halloween trick they will never forget.

Let that sink in for a moment: Kathy Bates vs. Darren Criss.

Yeah. We're in.

The cast of American Horror Story: Hotel is already filled to the brim with talent including Lady Gaga, Sarah Paulson, Matt Bomer, Finn Wittrock, Angela Bassett, Cheyenne Jackson, Lily Rabe, Evan Peters, Wes Bentley and more. Yes, more! Look for other characters from previous seasons to pop up. (It's all the same universe, and connected, and our minds are still trying to wrap around that.)

Here's what else know about this season: Basically everybody is bad and Paulson has asked for her character to die since she's never had an on-screen death on AHS. Lady Gaga's character is into fashion and these are the names that are out there: Bomer is Donovan, Peters is Mr. March, Paulson is Hypodermic Sally and Bates is Iris.

"There's not a whole lot of good guys, I won't say—I don't think I'm quite as malevolent as Dandy, but I'm definitely not a good guy," Wittrock teased earlier this summer.

Is it October yet?

American Horror Story: Hotel premieres this October on FX.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/683182/da...it-out-for-him
Old 08-07-2015, 06:54 AM

American Horror Story: Madchen Amick Is Latest Hotel Guest
By Kimberly Roots / August 6 2015, 10:47 AM PDT

Something (formerly) witchy this way comes…

Witches of East End alum Madchen Amick will have a role in American Horror Story‘s upcoming Hotel season.

On Thursday, the actress hinted at her involvement with a tweet, and series co-creator Ryan Murphy later confirmed it to TVLine.

Mädchen Amick ‏@madchenamick
Clue #2 of my #mysteryfilming ...this secret envelope came for me today, anyone recognize the font?

Murphy revealed that Amick will share scenes with Chloe Sevigny’s character. “She is playing the mother of a boy who becomes ill,” said the EP. “And Chloe plays the doctor.

Amick’s prolific TV career includes turns on Twin Peaks, ER, Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, Damages and Longmire. She’ll revisit the role of Twin Peaks‘ Shelly for Showtime’s upcoming revival of the cult classic series.

Naomi Campbell, Lady Gaga, Max Greenfield, Angela Bassett, Matt Bomer, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Denis O’Hare, Lily Rabe, Wes Bentley, Kathy Bates, Darren Criss and Finn Wittrock are already signed on to take part in Hotel.

http://tvline.com/2015/08/06/america...ck-cast-hotel/
Old 08-10-2015, 06:53 AM

Everything We Know About 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
Get ready to check in to Hotel Cortez!

We now know who the main characters are in "American Horror Story: Hotel," the real-life incident that inspired the season and when it will debut.

On Friday, the cast and creators of "AHS: Hotel" revealed a slew of new details about the upcoming season during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. We've compiled a list of everything we know about Season 5 of the anthology series so you're fully prepared to check in on Oct. 7.
  • The name of the titular hotel will be Hotel Cortez, set in downtown Los Angeles.
  • The new season will be more like Season 1. Co-creator Brad Falchuk described "Hotel" as more "noir-y" and said the horror will be "dripping out of" the hotel.
  • The new season was inspired by a surveillance video of a girl who went missing after she entered an elevator in a downtown hotel. "She was never seen again," Ryan Murphy said at the TCA panel. While it's not confirmed, we have a strong theory that Murphy was referring to the death of Elisa Lam, a woman who was last seen in the lobby of LA's Cecil Hotel in 2013 and was found dead in one of the hotel's rooftop water tanks.
  • Lady Gaga plays Elizabeth, the owner of the hotel. Murphy described her as "a very wealthy social doyenne who is consumed with art and fashion and people." Elizabeth also has a nefarious plan that unravels over the course of the season. Don't expect any musical moments from Gaga this season, though.
  • Sarah Paulson is Hypodermic Sally, who lives at the hotel and hates Kathy Bates' Iris. The actress described Sally as "a nasty gal" who is "quite dark." "She's sexy, she’s a drug addict," Paulson said at the panel. "Not that drug addicts are sexy, but she’s sexy." Sally also has a "budding something" with Wes Bentley's character.
  • Kathy Bates is Iris, who Bates described as "very, very sexy." Iris runs the hotel and has a relationship with Matt Bomer and Wes Bentley's characters.
  • Denis O'Hare plays a character named Elizabeth Taylor, who the actor described as "a person inspired by the awesomeness" of Taylor's movies, such as "Cleopatra" and "Butterfield 8." In the show, Liz Taylor works at the hotel bar, the Blue Parrot Lounge, with Iris.
  • Matt Bomer is Donovan who has a "very interesting" relationship with Gaga's Elizabeth.
  • Wes Bentley plays Detective John Lowell who is investigating gridly murders that lead him to check into the hotel. John is married to Chloë Sevigny's Alex who is dealing with a loss in the family.
  • Finn Wittrock plays Tristan Duffy, a male model who is "always looking for the next high and finds the biggest high in Lady Gaga." Wittrock said Gaga "sees all of [him]," whatever that means.
  • Cheyenne Jackson plays Will Drake, a fashion icon who has moved from New York to Los Angeles.
  • Angela Bassett plays Romana Royale, an actress who Bassett said is "sexy as hell." Romana has a strong, lasting relationship with Gaga's character. She doesn't live in the hotel, but she visits often.
  • Murphy revealed that characters from previous "AHS" seasons will begin checking in to "Hotel" starting with Episode 6.
  • Evan Peters will play Mr. March, and will be "evil" along with Paulson, Bates, Bassett and Bomer's characters.
  • Lily Rabe will portray a famous serial killer on "Hotel."
  • Naomi Campbell will guest star as a fashion editor who will face off with Gaga's Elizabeth.
  • Darren Criss will reportedly appear on "Hotel" for a Halloween episode as Justin, a Silver Lake hipster, according to E! Online. Justin will apparently have some drama with Bates' Iris after he has too many room service demands.

"American Horror Story: Hotel" will premiere on Oct. 7 on FX.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 08-10-2015 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-10-2015, 07:00 AM

'American Horror Story: Hotel' Might Be Inspired By This Real-Life Mystery
Remember Elisa Lam?

On Friday, "American Horror Story: Hotel" co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk revealed new details about the upcoming season during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. We learned who all the main characters are, the name of the titular hotel and that the season was inspired by a real-life event. Murphy didn't reveal the exact horror story that gave him the idea for Season 5, but based on his description and some clues, we have a pretty good idea.

During the panel, Murphy told the TCA audience that the creators were inspired by a real-life surveillance video. "A girl got in an elevator in a downtown hotel," he said. "She was never seen again." So what incident happened two years ago in a downtown hotel? The Elisa Lam mystery.

In 2013, Lam, a 21-year-old Vancouver woman, was found dead on the rooftop of the former Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles (now known as Stay on Main). The woman was last seen in the lobby of the hotel on Jan. 31 and presumed missing until police found her body in one of the water supply tanks on the hotel's rooftop on Feb. 19. During the investigation, the Los Angeles Police Department released a surveillance video of Lam acting strange in the hotel elevator, which showed her pressing multiple buttons, flailing her arms around and standing in the corner as if she was hiding from something. The LA County Coroner later ruled Lam's death accidental. Could this be the video Murphy and Falchuk were inspired by?

If so, one "AHS" fan already guessed it back in July. Tumblr user FriendlyWafer posted a photo of a director's chair from "AHS" (allegedly posted on Instagram by Murphy's assistant) along with a photo of Lam. FriendlyWafer speculated that the season could be about Lam's death since the initials CH were inscribed on the chair. Could Hotel Cortez be a reference to the Cecil Hotel?

friendlywafer
Looks like the the C stands for “Cecil Hotel” OMG!!

Do you guys think they are going to do that scary story about Elisa Lam???

#Elisa Lam #Cecil Hotel #american horror story #ahs #ahs hotel
184 notes

The Huffington Post could not immediately reach an FX rep for comment on the theory, but we have a burning suspicion that "AHS" will have a spooky elevator scene this season.

"American Horror Story: Hotel" will premiere on Oct. 7 on FX.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:37 AM

"American Horror Story: Hotel" first teaser poster

Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 AM

'American Horror Story': Lily Rabe to play Aileen Wuornos; Lady Gaga's role revealed

Every year Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk reboot their surreal, hot button-mashing horror TV series "American Horror Story." And each new season we're left guessing what surreal character the usual cast of players will appear as. Fake Anne Frank? A possessed nun? What about real-life serial killer Aileen Wuornos? Today at the Television Critics Assn. tour, Murphy and company finally revealed the new plot and characters who will populate their horror show.

Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, Chloë Sevigny, Denis O’Hare, (newcomer) Cheyenne Jackson, and Finn Wittrock took the stage for FX's panel prepped to divulge secrets for the new season. And due to the massive cast (the stage holds only a small portion of the players and didn't even include new additions Lady Gaga, Max Greenfield and "American Horror Story" alum Lily Rabe), we're breaking this panel into character-reveal quotes one by one.

"Hotel" is set, well, in a hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Murphy confessed that he was inspired by a surveillance video from around two years ago that showed a woman entering a hotel and disappearing. And here's who's checking in.

Ryan Murphy on Lady Gaga’s character:

"Her character’s name is Elizabeth, she owns the hotel. And she is sort of a very wealthy social doyenne who is consumed with art and fashion and people. And she has nefarious plans revealed in the first episode, and plays out over the course of the season. She starts shooting on Monday."

Later on in the "scrum" Murphy would add this about Lady Gaga’s character:

“Everybody who does the show has to start with something disturbing and awful right away. And I think the first two days [Lady Gaga] has a pretty spectacular murder scene to shoot with Matt Bomer. And I’m glad that she has Matt. Because she’s so great and they’ve all socialized… I can’t say enough great things about her.“

Ryan Murphy on Max Greenfield's character:

Murphy was able to elaborate on the role Greenfield is playing, which he dyed his hair for. “[Greenfield] plays an addict who checks into the hotel and tangles with Sarah Paulson," said Murphy. "Again that's just from my love of Max.... I always just wanted to work with him. So I went with him, you know he’s been doing comedy. And I said, ‘I have a feeling that you can, and want to do, something really ... up.’ And he said, ‘How did you know?’ So he cut off his beautiful hair, and dyed it, and then we had to let the roots grow in. I think he’s lost 30 pounds, which is odd because his wife is due to have a baby any day now. She's nine months' pregnant and he’s living on celery water, so she’s not happy about that. And yesterday I talked to him. His waist is down to a 27, so he's really committed to it and he looks amazing. He’s super cool and he does incredibly, probably the most disturbing scene we’ve ever done, he’s really at the center of. He really pushed himself as an actor, I was proud of him."

Finn Wittrock:

“I play a male model named Tristan Duffy who is always looking for the next high. And I think he sort of finds the biggest high in Lady Gaga. And we have a lot to do together. She sees all of me.”

Cheyenne Jackson:

“I’m playing Will Drake, fashion icon. He’s trying to creatively re-establish himself so he moves from New York to Los Angeles. A father… and a little desperate.

Denis O’Hare:

“I play Liz Taylor, movie icon. I’m not actually playing Elizabeth Taylor but I’m playing a person who is inspired by the awesomeness of ‘Butterfield Eight’ and ‘Cleopatra,’ and eye makeup like that. I shaved my head for the part, and other body parts. I work in the hotel. I work with Kathy. And I work in the bar, which is fantastic, it’s called Blue Parrot Lounge. It’s an extraordinary part of our set. We even have our own, homemade coasters, that have the hotel Cortez emblem on them. They’re gorgeous, and I’ve already stolen two.

Chloë Sevigny:

“I play Alex Lowel, I’m the wife of Wes Bentley, and a mother and a doctor. And I’m dealing with a great loss that we had in our family, and coming to grips with that.”

Matt Bomer:

“I play Donovan, who is involved in the Hotel Cortez. Closely associated with Ms. Gaga and Ms. Bates, Mr. Wittrock, amongst others. He has very interesting relationships with the lady folk in his life.”

Wes Bentley:

“I play detective John Lowell, I’m married to Alex Chloë’s so we have a great loss in the family. I’m investigating some grisly murders, which somehow leads me to checking into the hotel.

Angela Bassett:

“I play Ramona Royale and I’m sexy as well, but not in a drug addicty kind of way. I have a very strong, real lasting relationship with Stephanie’s [Lady Gaga’s] character. So I’m sure I’ll be at odds with you down there Donovan, who gets the girl? My character is also this fabulous actress. I don’t live in the hotel. But I visit there a lot.”

Kathy Bates:

“I play Iris. I’m also very, very sexy. What else? I run the hotel. I have relationships with Matt Bomer, and with Wes, and I can’t stand you [Sarah Paulson]. I hate you. I don’t know, yet, if I get to work with Angela, I hope I do. Liz Taylor and I have a very close relationship. And I do crossword puzzles in my spare time.”

Sarah Paulson:

"My character this year is quite dark, she’s sexy, she’s a drug addict... Not that drug addicts are sexy. This girl happens to be quite sexy... not because I’m sexy. I should just stop talking and be quiet. She’s unlike anything I've ever done in this show."

Later on in the panel Paulson would continue: “I play Sally," said Paulson. "I hate Iris in a rather ancient way for reasons that are revealed, quickly. I have a budding something with Wes’ character. It’s sort of dark. Sorry [to Wes Bentley], you don’t know this yet.”

And finally, Ryan Murphy on Lily Rabe:

A final bit of news. When asked what the big plans were for the annual "American Horror Story" Halloween episode, Murphy confirmed that show alum Rabe would be joining them for the pivotal two-parter.

"We're doing a two-part, well, we always do a two-part Halloween episode, but our Halloween episode this year is called 'Devil's Night,'" said Murphy. "I'm directing it because I love the script so much, when we finished it I said, 'I can't give this to anybody else.' Lily Rabe is coming to that episode. And she's playing Aileen Wuornos, which is really fun and bizarre. I don't want to give too much away but I will tell you that she's at the centerpiece of that, and that's who she's playing."

And there you have it, or most of it. No doubt a parade of new, big-name cameos and characters will appear as the production moves forward. Surprise characters, gorgeous sets and the tackling of hot-topic issues are the things you can always count on in "American Horror Story" canon. That and Jessica Lange, but she's gone now, hopefully to someday return after her hiatus from television.

The 13-episodes series will air beginning Oct. 7.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ry.html#page=1
Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM

VIDEO: The American Horror Story: Hotel Cast Shares Insane New Details About Their Characters

The months leading up to American Horror Story's premiere are almost as exciting as the show itself as viewers play detective, piecing together every bit of information about the new season. But rather than scour the Internet for clues, TVGuide.com went directly to the cast to find out exactly who they'll be playing and what sort of trouble they'll be causing in Hotel's halls.

Freak Show's breakout star and Emmy nominee Finn Wittrock returns for Hotel as Tristan Duffy, a male model and drug addict who catches the attention of Lady Gaga's character Elizabeth. But just because romance will play a major role in Wittrock's story line this year, that doesn't mean Tristan has a good heart. "He's always looking for a high and he does start to find that high in unusual places that might have to do with hurting other people," Wittrock teases.

Angela Bassett will play Ramona Royale, an over-the-top fabulous and successful actress who is "looking to improve her game," the star reveals. And though Ramona is ambitious, Bassett says she "won't sink to belittling herself or just doing anything for the part, which she's always asked to do."

Cheyenne Jackson will make his AHS debut as Will Drake, a fashion icon and father who moves from New York to Los Angeles' Hotel Cortez. "He's coming in and he's definitely kind of taking control of things, moving people out of their rooms and making room for his own fashion empire," says Jackson, who notes that his character's arrogant behavior definitely creates some enemies within the hotel.

Kathy Bates says Iris is a huge break from the more outlandish characters she's played in the past. And since Iris runs the hotel, you can bet your dollar that she's deeply involved in all the trouble that goes down there. Which means Sarah Paulson's character, Hypodermic Sally, should probably watch out. "She hates [Sally]," Bates says. "She's vile. She's trash, as far as Iris is concerned."

Denis O'Hare will show off a very different side of himself on Hotel as employee Elizabeth Taylor. While O'Hare isn't exactly playing the legend herself, based on the actor's description of the character, Liz is extremely committed to the persona. "She is Liz Taylor," O'Hare insists.

Matt Bomer plays Donovan, a resident of Hotel Cortez who is kicked to the curb by his lover Elizabeth (Gaga) after she meets Tristan (Wittrock). And in true AHS fashion, Bomer reveals Donovan has some serious mommy issues thanks to his complicated relationship with his mother, Iris (Bates).

American Horror Story: Hotel premieres Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 10/9c on FX.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/american...ters-spoilers/
Old 08-21-2015, 04:51 PM

Here Are The First Photos Of Lady Gaga On The 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Set
The Countess has arrived!

We finally have our first look at Lady Gaga's character on the set of "American Horror Story: Hotel," and she looks pretty Gaga-esque.

Gaga's Elizabeth, the Countess and owner of Season 5's Hotel Cortez, was spotted filming on location for the series on Wednesday night outside of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Wearing a red caped gown and the metal arm piece from the first "Hotel" teaser, Gaga walks through Chris Burden's street lamp sculpture at the Wilshire Boulevard entrance to the museum as some sort of black tie party takes place around her.

A fan also uploaded a video to YouTube of Mother Monster entering the sculpture to the music of Dinah Washington's "Coquette."

So what could it all mean? For starters, the footage left some fans on Reddit perplexed as they theorized whether or not "Hotel" will be set in the present day. Although FX President John Landgraf previously said it's his "hope" that Season 5 takes place in the modern day, the network has yet to reveal exactly what era the show will be in. But this new footage could give us some clues.

Burden's sculpture "Urban Light" was installed outside the museum in 2008. If "Hotel" is acknowledging the piece's real-life location at LACMA, then we can expect at least some episodes to take place sometime between '08 and today. But, Ryan Murphy also might be using the sculpture to reference the era of them lamps themselves. Burden's piece is made up of restored cast iron street lamps from the 1920s and '30s. Could it also take place then?

One thing we can guess is that "Hotel" will likely flash to the years 1989 or 1990 when Aileen Wuornos murdered several men -- Lily Rabe will portray the infamous serial killer this season. Knowing Murphy's style though, "Hotel" will probably jump between a variety of eras.

"American Horror Story: Hotel" premieres on Oct. 7 on FX.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 PM

Exclusive new AHS: Hotel teasers: This definitely ain't a Holiday Inn

Most hotel fears involve getting a bad view. Or maybe even a tiny room. Well, American Horror Story: Hotel is definitely going to change all that. The FX series, premiering on Oct. 7 and featuring a wild cast that includes Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson, will take you inside one of the most horrific hotels ever put on screen.

Now EW has the exclusive reveal of two brand new teasers. Buckle up. Also, look carefully: these two spots tease characters involved in this latest season of AHS and terrifying new set pieces.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/21...change_article

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 08-25-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Old 08-27-2015, 07:21 AM

Default Part 1

'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos

The Countess (Lady Gaga)
The owner of the titular Hotel Cortez, The Countess is a glamorous but deadly creature who sustains on a healthy diet of sex and blood — she kills with her very fashionable but very sharp chainmail glove. “She’s extremely strong,” explains Gaga. “She’s been through so much. It’s kind of impossible for anything to penetrate her.

Donovan (Matt Bomer)
Gaga’s lover of 20 years finds himself rebuffed when she meets similarly handsome male model Tristan. Says Bomer, “He’s very interested in domesticity and sort of nesting and hunkering down and having her to himself every now and then, and that doesn’t go over so well with her limitless hunger.

Will Drake (Cheyenne Jackson)
This fashion designer from New York arrives at the Cortez with his son Lachlan looking for inspiration. "He comes to the hotel and he is going to turn part of it into his atelier and of course he gets sucked up into the Countess," says Murphy.

John Lowe (Wes Bentley)
This LAPD detective moves into the Cortez in order to investigate a series of murders perpetrated by the Ten Commandments Killer, who arranges vicitms according to the biblical dictates. His family, including pediatrician wife Alex (Chloe Sevigny), get sucked into the Cortez’ darkness. “He has a family he loves very much but that is sort of falling apart,” says Bentley. “He struggles with a lot of things. It’s clear most of what John struggles with is control.

Ramona Royale (Angela Bassett)
A film star who used to have a romantic relationship with The Countess, Ramona teams up with Donovan to take revenge on The Countess. Says Bassett, “They are powerful women at opposite sides and at odds with one another, each believing that they’re right.

Claudia (Naomi Campbell)
Campbell plays a Vogue editor who decides to stay at the Cortez and ends up regretting it. “She’s kind of outlandish,” says Campbell. “She thinks she’s indestructible and nothing’s going to hurt her.

Iris (Kathy Bates)
Donovan’s mother works at the hotel so she can see her son on a daily basis, even though he deplores her. Says Bates, “Iris is overprotective with a capital O, especially now since her son is ill. She wants to be there every day to make sure he’s all right, and she’s very controlling that way.

Tristan (Finn Wittrock)
This male model catches the eye of The Countess at a fashion show at the Cortez. “He’s got an addictive personality,” says Wittrock. “I think he’s hypersexual also. It makes him a prime candidate for the Countess’ charms and he is very willingly seduced and then turned by her.

James March (Evan Peters)
Like other seasons, AHS: Hotel’s time-frame bounces around, including flashbacks to the murderous Mr. March. “He’s the builder and owner of the hotel from the 1930s, and he is unique,” says Peters. “He’s designed a hotel to cater to his specific needs, which tend toward the dark evil.

Gabriel (Max Greenfield)
The New Girl star plays an addict who checks into the Cortez and has an unforgettable experience. “He’s a Hollywood junkie,” says Greenfield. “Originally, he had a job and was more preppy or business. And Ryan [Murphy] came back and was like, ‘I think we should be more rock and roll.’