The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend of mine down in El Lay who knows some people in the industry just told me that Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there. I have no idea if there is any truth to it .It would not surprise me if she recruited Neil and greedy old Mick for her solo band .I believe that will happen before a Rumours five farewell tour. I just can't see that at this point. She truly hates Lindsey bitter old harridan that she is .

Old 03-02-2021, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
A friend of mine down in El Lay who knows some people in the industry just told me that Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there. I have no idea if there is any truth to it .It would not surprise me if she recruited Neil and greedy old Mick for her solo band .I believe that will happen before a Rumours five farewell tour. I just can't see that at this point. She truly hates Lindsey bitter old harridan that she is .
$he doesn't need Mick. Mick needs her.

But there are much better, younger drummers. Who'll work for scale. Mick's a loser.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
This seems to imply that the loss of the money from the stadium shows and the PG tribute concert were the reasons that he decided to reach out to LB. "Hmmm.... maybe there's an opportunity there"
Except Lindsey reached out to Mick, not the other way around. Using your logic, why would Lindsey, who has never had a Top 20 album or a Top 10 single without Mick, be the one to reach out?

Quote:
We finally sat down and admitted it was all bulls*** and it was all about Stevie playing us off against each other. I of course went with Stevie and the money. Duh. And Lindsey knows how weak I am, and has decided to play Mr. Magnanimous and forgive me.
Probably exactly why Lindsey reached out to Mick after Peter died in the midst of a pandemic when it’s still not known when anyone is getting back out. Not like Lindsey ever needed the promotion.

Quote:
Is he equating LB's role in FM to that of Bob's role in FM? An important part of their 'history' not to be forgotten, but not really part of the present...
As a creative entity, the present is as dead as Bob and has been for about as long.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-02-2021 at 02:31 AM..
Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
It is my theory that THIS was the plan all along. Give Lindsey and Stevie (who hate each other) some time apart, Lindsey time to do his solo work, and enlist Neil and Mike (who were just sitting around) as nothing more than hired hands.

Next, come back with a large scale "Farewell Tour" featuring the "Rumours" lineup for the final cash grab.

All was going perfectly as planned UNTIL a pesky heart attack and a global pandemic altered the course of the universe.

Rest assured, the "Farewell Tour" WITH the "Rumours" lineup will almost certainly happen, even if on a smaller scale with less dates.

There is no doubt in my mind. PR representative and managers are behind all of this.

Chalk and cheese. And yet not.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He’s hilarious. He keeps saying that everyone can speak for themselves, but then he takes it upon himself to speak for Christine and tell us what she really meant.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Recruit Neil for her solo band? Nah- he's massively revered in both Aus and NZ. That would be seen as rather offensive. The best she could hope for would be a joint billing.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-03-2021, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Recruit Neil for her solo band? Nah- he's massively revered in both Aus and NZ. That would be seen as rather offensive. The best she could hope for would be a joint billing.
I think they meant joint billing. “Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there” doesn’t imply that Neil would be in her band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-03-2021, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
“My vision of things happening in the future is really far-reaching,” he continues. “Would I love to think that [reunion] could happen? Yeah. I’d love to think that all of us could be healed, and also respect the people who are in the band, Neil Finn and Michael Campbell.”
In the unlikely case where Stevie tells Mick that she'll allow Lindsey to perform with FM again... These are the things I've arrived at upon reading "respect the people who are in the band, Neil Finn and Michael Campbell"

1) Lindsey as a special guest on a tour (not opening act) who comes out to do his songs and potentially Oh Well guitar duels with Mike and Neil

2) Mick tells Neil and Neale H. that they want to reunite the Classic Lineup and thank them for their service. Mike is kept (if he wants to) as the new second guitarist but still in his same spot on stage in front of the singers (or Taku if they keep percussion out front and not behind Mick). Mike also kept to make Stevie happy and have her TPATHB connection alive.

Question: Were Billy, Bekka, and Dave treated with respect and dignity when FM decided to do a Classic reunion in 97? I don't know if anything's been public on that. Just curious if Mick regrets how he dumped those three after being creative with them.

Lastly, an opinion: if Neil doesn't create new music with FM, I don't see the point in FM doing more shows with him and not a person who actually wrote a song with FM. May as well have Lindsey as the male vocalist so he can do songs from the records he did with FM.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 03-03-2021 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: Extension of Last Sentence
Old 03-03-2021, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac featuring Lindsey Buckingham.
Concert would begin with Mike and Neil in tow....no Lindsey

Lindsey would pop on stage to big build up from Mick, just like when Christine returned.......exit Mike and Neil.

Rumours five would perform The Chain, then Lindsey would do Big Love and NGBA as solos.
Stevie would then sidle up to him, from the darkness, and do all that deep bowing lark she does.
Together they would do flamin’ Landslide and the wonderful Say goodbye to you.
The three from Rumours Five would then rejoin on the stage and they’d do NGBA.

Lindsey would exit stage right, Mike and Neil would reappear
Old 03-03-2021, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Fleetwood Mac featuring Lindsey Buckingham.
Concert would begin with Mike and Neil in tow....no Lindsey

Lindsey would pop on stage to big build up from Mick, just like when Christine returned.......exit Mike and Neil.

Rumours five would perform The Chain, then Lindsey would do Big Love and NGBA as solos.
Stevie would then sidle up to him, from the darkness, and do all that deep bowing lark she does.
Together they would do flamin’ Landslide and the wonderful Say goodbye to you.
The three from Rumours Five would then rejoin on the stage and they’d do NGBA.
NGBA twice, sue? Maybe close out that set with Wish You Were Here or Say You Love Me?

I don't think the 5 would do The Chain because I think that would open this show and I guess LB would come out in the middle of your show?
Old 03-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All of this is Mick word spin to get one last giant bag of money.

He wants the Rumours 5 on stage for one farewell tour. This has nothing to do with respect for Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, Bob Welch, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn. None of whom nor their catalog of music make any tangible difference in the economic value of another tour. Just as making new music with Lindsey has zero positive impact on any potential payday.

The lure for the masses (not the small community that is The Ledge) is a return and final farewell of the Rumours 5 and those 5 getting on stage and playing their live staples for the last time ever. And those kinds of paying fans aren't going to sit through 1969 era Fleetwood Mac, some Crowded House song, or too many Tusk rarities.

To get that last payday done, Mick has made up with Lindsey. (after ignoring his entreaties for 2 years) Now he needs Stevie to feel the pressure to dull the sword and hear Lindsey's apology and then she says they both feel like they woke up from a bad dream, it's been their destiny to sing together since they were 16, and have a nice public cry, all the way to the bank. None of this gets done unless they get Stevie on board. She is the revenue driver and the hook to fill stadium seats, because for the last time ever, it's the Rumours 5.

Last edited by John Run; 03-03-2021 at 07:23 AM..
Old 03-03-2021, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post

Now he needs Stevie to hear Lindsey's apology and then she says they both feel like they woke up from a bad dream.
I'm not understanding... what would Lindsey be apologizing for?
Not letting Stevie suggest songs to play in Fleetwood Mac shows from 2003-2017?

I feel the only thing that would make them more money on a tour than last time is if they actually used the word Rumours in the tour marketing.

I have no evidence to show that just saying Lindsey's back would make them more money. If they says the Rumours lineup is back, that word Rumours gets people's attention.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm not understanding... what would Lindsey be apologizing for?
Not letting Stevie suggest songs to play in Fleetwood Mac shows from 2003-2017? .
He probably doesn't, but he is going to have appease Stevie and acknowledge to her what he could have done better....
Old 03-03-2021, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
He probably doesn't, but he is going to have appease Stevie and acknowledge to her what he could have done better....
I'm sorry I didn't do your 2014 cover interview with RollingStone and say that you're the best singer in the world and that I prevented Mick and John from also doing interviews
Old 03-03-2021, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
NGBA twice, sue? Maybe close out that set with Wish You Were Here or Say You Love Me?

I don't think the 5 would do The Chain because I think that would open this show and I guess LB would come out in the middle of your show?
Oh crikey....meant GYOW..to end the Lindsey part.
The others would carry on ..and Lindsey would depart.
Coming out for the encore to sing Songbird with Christine, she would sit by him as she can’t play these days.

Last edited by sue; 03-03-2021 at 08:03 AM..