Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2021, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, that was pretty kewl!
Nice bum too.
Adam Peaty holds the world record for breast stroke, and is a triple Olympic gold medal winner.
Oh and can dance a bit
Old 10-18-2021, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherliar View Post
I was in the kitchen making the evening meal last night, when I heard a familiar tune coming from the living room. My wife loves Strictly Come Dancing, and I ran into the room to see a couple dancing the Argentine Tango to..Tango in the Night! I nearly dropped the plates!

The resident band did a really good job actually, especially replicating Lindsey's face-melting solo at the end. It's so great to hear it so unexpectedly, as it's always been my favourite from the album and one of my favourite FM songs ever. That solo fades way too soon. As far as I know Fleetwood Mac never played it live, and I expect the same is true of Lindsey solo, which is a crying shame. Wonderful track.
You just had the statement of the last 40 years. YES, Lindsey's guitar jam fades way too early. As soon as he gets cooking, it fades. Good grief this should have been the opening track and he should have played on for at least another minute. What's the harm? They could have cut a few whatsa matta babys for more Lindsey guitar. I know his rock guitar playing offends Homer but Lindsey is at his best when he rock. I will never forget Musician magazine's review of Tango In The Night. They raved about the title track and compared the track to Led Zeppelin's The Ocean. Thats right a Fleetwood Mac song got compared to Led Zeppelin. When the song Tango goes quiet, then comes crashing Lindsey's guitar. They said the impact was as profound as Led Zeppelin's The Ocean, right after Robert Plant's La la la la la la's and the guitars come crashing.
I am not a huge fan of the entire album but this was one of many ways of making it a better album. One of the best tracks almost sounded edited down because of guitar? Can we get more Guitar, More Tango In the Nights, More Isn't It Midnights and less whatsa matta babys and welcome to the room saras. I would even through that programmed jolly Caroline in the trash.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-18-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 10-18-2021, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You just had the statement of the last 40 years. YES, Lindsey's guitar jam fades way too early. As soon as he gets cooking, it fades. Good grief this should have been the opening track and he should have played on for at least another minute. What's the harm? They could have cut a few whatsa matta babys for more Lindsey guitar. I know his rock guitar playing offends Homer but Lindsey is at his best when he rock. I will never forget Musician magazine's review of Tango In The Night. They raved about the title track and compared the track to Led Zeppelin's The Ocean. Thats right a Fleetwood Mac song got compared to Led Zeppelin. When the song Tango goes quiet, then comes crashing Lindsey's guitar. They said the impact was as profound as Led Zeppelin's The Ocean, right after Robert Plant's La la la la la la's and the guitars come crashing.
I am not a huge fan of the entire album but this was one of many ways of making it a better album. One of the best tracks almost sounded edited down because of guitar? Can we get more Guitar, More Tango In the Nights, More Isn't It Midnights and less whatsa matta babys and welcome to the room saras. I would even through that programmed jolly Caroline in the trash.
I don't think I mind the solo sounding somewhat edited down. It fits with the very tight running time of all the tracks (the longest is just over 4 minutes), and together with the fading out it creates the feeling of what one reviewer described as the singers calling out to each other from lonely castle turrets over misty moors (or something like that).
It's good that TITN is track 5, not track 12, not to mention it is the title track.

There is always Murrow and Come for extended solos.

As for throwing Caroline in the trash... no complaints here.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You just had the statement of the last 40 years. YES, Lindsey's guitar jam fades way too early. As soon as he gets cooking, it fades. Good grief this should have been the opening track and he should have played on for at least another minute. What's the harm? They could have cut a few whatsa matta babys for more Lindsey guitar. I know his rock guitar playing offends Homer but Lindsey is at his best when he rock. I will never forget Musician magazine's review of Tango In The Night. They raved about the title track and compared the track to Led Zeppelin's The Ocean. Thats right a Fleetwood Mac song got compared to Led Zeppelin. When the song Tango goes quiet, the3n comes crashing Lindsey's guitar. They said the impact was as profound as Led Zeppelin's The Ocean, right after Robert Plant's La la la la la la's and the guitars come crashing.
You want me, don't you?

Like I don't like his guitar playing...I love his guitar playing. Yes, Come is a piece of trash. I hate the distorted vocals, it's too heavy metal to be a FM song, and the subject matter is just trashy. Especially too trashy for a FM song. IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR CATALOG.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Nice!
Lindsey has never played it live.

Definitely worth dropping the plates for!! Loved hearing this and enjoyed the dancing very much.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You want me, don't you?

Like I don't like his guitar playing...I love his guitar playing. Yes, Come is a piece of trash. I hate the distorted vocals, it's too heavy metal to be a FM song, and the subject matter is just trashy. Especially too trashy for a FM song. IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR CATALOG.
Heavy metal my a**. Its guitar based rock n roll. If you ever attend another Fleetwood Mac concert with Lindsey, besides the diaper you wear to stay and hear all of Stevie's gypsy story, you can wear ear plugs during the guitar parts
It doesn't fit their catalog is an insult to Lindsey. He's probably been hearing that his entire life. He's an artist and he paints all different styles. Sorry that some of his work offends you.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think I mind the solo sounding somewhat edited down. It fits with the very tight running time of all the tracks (the longest is just over 4 minutes), and together with the fading out it creates the feeling of what one reviewer described as the singers calling out to each other from lonely castle turrets over misty moors (or something like that).
It's good that TITN is track 5, not track 12, not to mention it is the title track.

There is always Murrow and Come for extended solos.

As for throwing Caroline in the trash... no complaints here.
You just made my case of why Tango is one of my least favorite Mac albums. Besides embracing synth pop, you are right no song is allowed over 4 minutes. Thank goodness the Eagles never embraced this corporate philosophy because we would have never gotten Hotel California and Don would have never recorded Sunset Grill. Total embracing of the pop song to the extreme. Sadly most keyboards are not even Christine playing and its programmed stuff. The song Tango in the Night is one of the album highlights. It should have been the opening track and Lindsey's play should have been extended IMHO.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It should have been the opening track and Lindsey's play should have been extended IMHO.
Makes you wonder whether the track ordering and solo duration might have differed if the track had ended up on his next solo album as originally planned before it morphed into an FM vehicle. (Maybe not, considering This Is The Time has essentially the same track position and solo duration on OOTC.)
Old 10-19-2021, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Makes you wonder whether the track ordering and solo duration might have differed if the track had ended up on his next solo album as originally planned before it morphed into an FM vehicle. (Maybe not, considering This Is The Time has essentially the same track position and solo duration on OOTC.)
During the late 80s the trend was putting the lead single as the first track. So Big Love got that nod. Rooms on Fire 1989 for Stevie's album too. The trend was short lived. Another reason I hate corporate decisions on albums. I miss the entire package and musical theme the group put on the album. Tango is mostly slick songs with many programmed parts and we found out years later even fake Stevie background vocals. Its just way too commercial for my taste.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heavy metal my a**. Its guitar based rock n roll. If you ever attend another Fleetwood Mac concert with Lindsey, besides the diaper you wear to stay and hear all of Stevie's gypsy story, you can wear ear plugs during the guitar parts
It doesn't fit their catalog is an insult to Lindsey. He's probably been hearing that his entire life. He's an artist and he paints all different styles. Sorry that some of his work offends you.
Well at least we have a resident authority on everything here now. Congrats.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You both have no nothing about Fleetwood Mac!
Old 10-19-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You both have no nothing about Fleetwood Mac!
Now don't go all Sgt. Nicks on us.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Now don't go all Sgt. Nicks on us.
I'm not the boss around here because I fired myself.
I used to know who I was.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm the new Steve Mac. Learn to live with me or medicate me.

Tango only charted because Lindsey left
Old 10-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm the new Steve Mac. Learn to live with me or medicate me.

Tango only charted because Lindsey left
That's pretty harsh. I'd bet money that he still reads thia, even if he can't post.

That said, I've got your medicine!

Behind The Mask is the only album worse than Tango.