Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2021, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You lit an urge in me
Sounds like a Christine McVie lyric.

Maybe we should just make up and release our own new Fleetwood Mac songs.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I take sides. I’m team Lindsey, even when it’s clear his personality is “much.”

I should say my disappointment with Stevie began when she slow rolled and then boycotted new Mac music—and her “I don’t understand their premise” comment regarding the LB/CM album that emerged despite her boycott. That disappointment became disgust when she played chess with her celebrity and got the band’s creative soul fired. Add astonishment to disgust when she released “Show Them the Way,” written from a point of view so delusional and tone deaf to the current National conversation about race and equity. She’s lost the proverbial plot. As a life-long fan of the band, I’m embarrassed by her.

Unlike some here, I am a fan of Lindsey’s solo music, have often preferred it to his Mac songs, am a fan of Christine’s music, and have loved about 10-12 Stevie solo songs from her entire catalogue.

New music is my main interest.
I agree, well stated.

Stevie fell off my radar in a very gradual way. Between 2005-2008 I was in college. Between ticket prices and really stale setlists, I just quit going to see her on those solo tours. I saw her once in 2005 and that was the last time I saw her solo.

Witnessing a potential follow-up album to SYW be discussed and never happen and then watching all efforts for a Fleetwood Mac album in 2009, 2013, 2015 being blocked by her really disappointed me.

Also, the personality shift that occurred around 2011 with the passing of her mother was, IMO, quite noticeable. The ego really took off to new heights around that time.

I attended 2014/2015 Fleetwood Mac shows to primarily see Christine and Lindsey.

It's a bummer because I was a really big Stevie fan, but the way things evolved caused me to lose all respect and interest. It's no secret that Lindsey is no saint and his past has numerous troublesome spots. I'm just not somebody who subscribes to Stevie being completely innocent in every single circumstance. They've both thrown an incredible amount of daggers at each other over the years.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say my allegiances were 50/50 between Stevie and Lindsey until about 10 years ago. And I always preferred Fleetwood Mac to either Stevie and Lindsey's music. My wish would always be for a band album over any solo album. Live shows too. I was never one of those people saying, "Oh, I just love the intimacy of a solo concert." I like the magic of a stadium with 10,000 people. I always think of the 5 of them in that setting, even though I appreciate their solo shows and albums.

With Stevie, I always thought her personality was delusional and extra, but I also thought she was very funny. Her talking words gave me pleasure and her music ignited imagination, longing, gave substance in feeling to what could not be put into words.

But now I just hate her. She did not just dry up creatively, she dammed the river flow to make sure the band went dry too, acted with mindboggling cruelty towards Lindsey and ... it's just all cringe all the time.

Christine, eh. My base feelings for Christine never change, even when I'm mad at her. Such beauty. Such beauty. I've been wooed beyond the sun coming up. Wooed for eternity.

Lindsey, well, alpha and omega.

I think Mick deserves to be living under a freeway overpass. I would like to know more about John. I feel like we used to know him and haven't for decades.

I guess I'm weak and treacherous though, because I would still like a goodbye from the five of them all together.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-25-2021 at 07:21 AM..
Old 09-24-2021, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would say my allegiances were 50/50 between Stevie and Lindsey until about 10 years ago. And I always preferred Fleetwood Mac to either Stevie and Lindsey's music. My wish would always be for a band album over any solo album. Live shows too. I was never one of those people saying, "Oh, I just love the intimacy of a solo concert." I like the magic of a stadium with 10,000 people. I always think of the 5 of them in that setting, even though I appreciate their solo shows and albums.

With Stevie, I always thought her personality was delusional and extra, but I also thought she was very funny. Her talking words gave me pleasure and her music ignited imagination, longing, gave substance in feeling to what could not be put into words.

But now I just hate her. She did not just dry up creatively, she dammed the river flow to make sure the band went dry too, acted with mindboggling cruelty towards Lindsey and ... it's just all cringe all the time.

Christine, eh. My base feelings for Christine never change, even when I'm mad at her. Such beauty. Such beauty. I've been wooed beyond the sun coming up. Wooed for eternity.

Lindsey, well, alpha and omega.
THIS.

I agree, I used to find Stevie to be a funny, stoned, ditzy hippie.

But Mama so full of herself now, she's unbearable.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Mick deserves to be living under a freeway overpass.
A few more months without whiff of a new tour and he probably will be.

"Vagabond is an ugly term. In truth, I am on a one-man tour celebrating the perpetual anniversary of Rumours. Travelling the world with two sticks and a wine bottle."
Old 09-25-2021, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m still surprised at all the hatred that’s geared towards Stevie and Mick, while Christine and John get off unscathed. Especially with Mick, considering that he’s the reason we ever got any new Fleetwood Mac music after Mirage. He was the one who corralled everyone for Tango in the Night; he was the one who kept the band going with Rick and Billy for the tour when Lindsey took off; and I’m sure he was instrumental in getting the Dance special done, which resulted in their incredible revival. Plus many other things, too, including being the one member who wanted the Live album to be released, and with that unusual song listing. His importance to the band goes way beyond forming it… he kept it going long after, while John and Christine showed up when needed. They kept Lindsey out when they could have stood with him. But, like Mick, they refused to, and yet Mick and Stevie are solely the ones where the hatred flows.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m still surprised at all the hatred that’s geared towards Stevie and Mick, while Christine and John get off unscathed. Especially with Mick, considering that he’s the reason we ever got any new Fleetwood Mac music after Mirage. He was the one who corralled everyone for Tango in the Night; he was the one who kept the band going with Rick and Billy for the tour when Lindsey took off; and I’m sure he was instrumental in getting the Dance special done, which resulted in their incredible revival. Plus many other things, too, including being the one member who wanted the Live album to be released, and with that unusual song listing. His importance to the band goes way beyond forming it… he kept it going long after, while John and Christine showed up when needed. They kept Lindsey out when they could have stood with him. But, like Mick, they refused to, and yet Mick and Stevie are solely the ones where the hatred flows.

bwboy you are right on the mark. I met Mick in 1996 and he did put things into motion for the Dance reunion starting with a dinner with the band. If John and Christine would have refused to tour on their last outing without Lindsey it wouldn’t have happened.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I think I've given Christine more than her fair share of grief. She was ALWAYS my favorite member. My illusions began to shatter when it was revealed(yes, there are other theories) that SHE was the one who kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF. That was criminal!!! Then when she didn't stand up for Lindsey during his firing...well, she's no better than any of them. That said, and I stand behind it - they're older than dirt. They might just not have that much fight left in them.

John? I think he's the smartest one of them all. It's a high paying gig. He probably thinks they're all idiots. But shows up to collect his paycheck, then gets the Hell out of Dodge.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band should not have toured without Lindsey. It’s that plain and simple. Their decision to do so was based on greed and an immediate pay day. Nonetheless, we should not underestimate how toxic the fighting between LB and SN must have been. Christine expressed astonishment in a Rolling Stone interview in 2015 because the two were still fighting about matters that “should have been resolved a long time ago.” So, in essence, the core trio of Brits did what they always have—they soldiered on. I don’t remotely accept the new lineup and feel that trio should have thrown in the cards, but I DO place the blame for its emergence squarely on Stevie—and also on Lindsey. But far more on Stevie. She engineered it.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 09-25-2021 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-25-2021, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Lindsey should have fired himself in 2012 when he realized an album wasn't going to happen.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Maybe Lindsey should have fired himself in 2012 when he realized an album wasn't going to happen.
Bingo! He could have claimed “Landslide” is a story about him firing himself.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't taken sides. I love Christine, Lindsey and Stevie. John might be a Nazi sympathizer so I'm not fond of him and Mick probably has a lifelong gambling addiction which explains why he's always broke. But I still want the 5 of them to make new music together and release it and tour and sing NEW songs and songs from their catalogue of which they have never done before.I totally understand the Stevie criticisms because she had LB fired even though she denies that fact.