The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for all the Rumours era deluxe releases. I go back and just let them play, (in their entirety) and I realize how good the band is/was.

What are you all thankful for?
Old 11-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm actually grateful for Live Tour 2013
I think the setlist was generous to all attendees. Tons of known songs, a number of album tracks, and 2 new songs. Also, I think their best stage production... until the
Moon screen halves got cut out after the first few shows.

2014-2015 had Chris but it felt like a jukebox concert where I thought 2013 was like an actual rock show.

2018-2019 was like going to a Stones show these days (but for no one in FM having Jagger's energy)...you pay to breathe the air they are breathing.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The band is a disgrace these days so they almost are not thankful for the fans.
I have to go way back years to be thankful for something. The Buck/Vie album and tour was so incredible. But pretty much everything post Dance has been a disappointment (although the SYW album is pretty good). I am thankful for Chris's relatively unknown solo work. I am thankful Lindsey is still rocking.
On With The Show was incredible because of Chris but REMEMBER there was supposed to be an album since Chris was mailing Lindsey demos, etc.
Greed and selfishness and age has destroyed the band.
Most thankful for getting Heroes and Mystery To Me on CD this year.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously folks, who does Everywhere better?
Each sounds like a cover band IMHO but the cover band does better IMHO.

2019 Fleetwood Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJiq...o9eUVw&index=2

2017 Paramore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKm...o9eUVw&index=1

Nuff said
Old 11-24-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I celebrated Thanksgiving about 6 weeks or so ago, lol but like Brown Jr there is nothing more satisfying that the deluxe reissues of the classic albums and this years reissue of the Live 80 album, was really special. Not to be outdone, but the remastering of the early 70's albums is a must own- masterfully, spectacularly remastered. The additional tracks are worth the price of admission and is a reminder of how good those early line ups were, however short-lived. Later this year of course, Lindsey gave us an album that actually rivals Out of the Cradle it's so damn good and hard not to listen to the whole album at once.

Debbie Downer let downs are of course the state of the band since 2018- shameful way to end things and especially with no new album in 18 years is simply unacceptable. I don't mind admitting I live in the past as far as Fleetwood Mac goes. From the top of my fandom to the huge disappointment was a tough pill to swallow, but I keep coming back to read the updates and weigh in so that says something.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thankful to be alive and in good health, of course.

But back to the topic, Christine return and the On with Show concert, I'm so thankful. I actually thought that would never happen. My dream included an album with the 5 guys, but the tour was enough to be so thankful.

"I hate that word. It's a return, not a comeback!!"
Norma Desmond

Sunset Boulevard
Old 11-25-2021, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm actually grateful for Live Tour 2013
I think the setlist was generous to all attendees. Tons of known songs, a number of album tracks, and 2 new songs.
"Sad Angel" and "Without You"?

I'm thankful for the '79 and '82 "Sisters Of The Moon" and for the '97 "Go Insane."
And for this group.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
"Sad Angel" and "Without You"?

I'm thankful for the '79 and '82 "Sisters Of The Moon" and for the '97 "Go Insane."
And for this group.
Yes, those were the 2 new songs. And they actually played them for a whole month before the EP came out.

Tour also had Say Goodbye, Stand Back (love when FM does it and last time FM did it), Eyes of the World, Sisters of the Moon, and Not that Funny!
Old 11-25-2021, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wishing all of you a healthy, hearty & Happy Thanksgiving from the Fox aka Mark.
And special thanks to Michele for keeping this site running and functioning all these years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 244355899_2304128136396466_4554978704672111688_n.jpg (99.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hopefully this is the last Thanksgiving with the pandemic!

On a Fleetwood Mac note, I remember over 20 years ago there was a local radio station that celebrated Thanksgiving by playing "turkey" songs i.e. song that are bad and you dont hear them anymore i.e. turkeys.

The song Tusk was in the top 20
Old 11-25-2021, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hopefully this is the last Thanksgiving with the pandemic!

On a Fleetwood Mac note, I remember over 20 years ago there was a local radio station that celebrated Thanksgiving by playing "turkey" songs i.e. song that are bad and you dont hear them anymore i.e. turkeys.

The song Tusk was in the top 20
So they looped Oh Daddy?
Old 11-25-2021, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just keep holding up your sign Homer. (photo taken of Homer at Unleashed tour during Landslide)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFBATQxXIAE14a1.jpg (28.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-25-2021 at 01:28 PM..
Old 11-26-2021, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
just keep holding up your sign Homer. (photo taken of Homer at Unleashed tour during Landslide)
Now that's just RUDE, and everyone knows I would never support an idiot. But I did take this one of you at On With The Show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1575846075292.jpg (51.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-26-2021, 11:23 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I love you guys! Even the folks I debate and disagree with. It's Fleetwood Mac so.. I think we should fight once in a while.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I love you guys! Even the folks I debate and disagree with. It's Fleetwood Mac so.. I think we should fight once in a while.
Ditto. We're all different, with different outlooks on the band. We're like the Fleetwood Mac of Fleetwood Mac fans.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ditto. We're all different, with different outlooks on the band. We're like the Fleetwood Mac of Fleetwood Mac fans.
Exactly. I'm a little bit Lindsey and you're a little bit Mick and a dash of Stevie