The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please. Christine said it was about Mick earlier than that.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
She stares at the stairs. There are so many things to stare at these days. <— is one of the worst pieces of lyrical garbage this band or any of its songwriters have ever put out!
You hurt my everything.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick is a LOSER. I'm sure they all know it. They waited TWENTY YEARS to claim it was about him. And THEY didn't claim it. Loser did. Poor Christine towed the company line and went along, like she always has, and went along with his claim.
I remember in 1987 when Lindsey left Christine was calling Mick the “daddy” and minimizing Lindsey’s role. She probably always called Mick Daddy in private. Maybe now she calls him Zaddy.

Quote:
I think the energy shifts from time to time. When there is a lapse in one person there will be more energy coming from another. It’s always compensated somehow by the energy shifting itself. Mick, I would say,
is the guru if you’d like, the daddy.
Seriously though, you remember that video where Lindsey defiantly and petulantly says he is leaving and not doing any more interviews and doesn’t want a cheese omelet (suggested by Stevie) because he wants FRENCH FOOD. Christine was whining and appealing to Mick because she wanted to leave too. Mick kind of put his foot down and made it clear she wasn’t going anywhere. I definitely could tell back then that he was the father figure. That was before he lost all of his money, failed as the manager and became rather pathetic in their eyes.

Last edited by michelej1; 04-03-2021 at 11:58 PM..
Old 04-03-2021, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Please. Christine said it was about Mick earlier than that.
I don't ever remember that being said before "the making of Rumours"(or whatever it's called- it's at my other house, so I can't look for reference).

Ar least we agree that he's a loser. Even drugged up $tevie could see that by 1987.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have to look to see if I can find a real early reference to the meaning behind the song. But I know she called Mick the group’s “daddy” in 1987 and in 1990 she said in the Roger Moore interview, “Oh Daddy, I had written about Jenny and Mick. Jenny and Mick were going through their bad times as
everybody else was and this was written so to speak from the shoes of Jenny who at that time was really really sad about the lack of prospect of their marriage surviving. So this was all about those two.”
Old 04-04-2021, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would have to look to see if I can find a real early reference to the meaning behind the song. But I know she called Mick the group’s “daddy” in 1987 and in 1990 she said in the Roger Moore interview, “Oh Daddy, I had written about Jenny and Mick. Jenny and Mick were going through their bad times as
everybody else was and this was written so to speak from the shoes of Jenny who at that time was really really sad about the lack of prospect of their marriage surviving. So this was all about those two.”
Wow. I've never seen that, but would love to.

Although I'll be greatly disappointed if it's actually about him.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't ever remember that being said before "the making of Rumours"(or whatever it's called- it's at my other house, so I can't look for reference).
Other house? Your summer home in Malibu? Or the Chateau in France? Just ribbing you!
Old 04-04-2021, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Other house? Your summer home in Malibu? Or the Chateau in France? Just ribbing you!
He's starting to sound like Stevie. He probably has a separate apartment to just dance and twirl around in too (to Oh Daddy...they will be slowww twirls)!

Old 04-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a house in the country in Indiana, and a condo in downtown Nashville. I go back and forth every other week, and NO ONE can understand that concept...
"So you moved away?"
Nope.
"But you're not here!"
I will be next week.
*walks away with confused look...*

I WISH it was a chateau in France, but Homie HATES flying, so I have settle for a second home within driving distance...(3.5 hours)
Old 04-04-2021, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. I've never seen that, but would love to.

Although I'll be greatly disappointed if it's actually about him.
Roger Moore Classic CDs interview.

Speaking of songs about our great dark wing, I loved it when the interviewer told Mick that “Mr. Rockcock” was a reference to him. He said he was very flattered. And I have to say I found his English wit charming, the deft way he jokes. He doesn’t mind being called piggy in the middle either.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
If Homer and jbrownsjr say Temporary One sucks, then who are we to disagree?!? They are the Christine McVie authority here! Still, of all the singer/songwriters in FM, she is the most consistent one. There are some songs by Stevie and Lindsey that I hate, but I can’t say that about any of Christine’s songs, though. Well, except for Temporary One. And maybe One More Night.
The Lead Vocal on One More Night is stellar. Not that crazy about the song.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:50 PM

To Tony: Maybe I've been acting just a little strange, and you have noticed it, too.
To Mitzo: Love WISYA, loathe Second Time
To Michele: I can confirm she was saying early on it was about Mick. The Rumours DVD-A has material as to that notion.
To BwBoy: BTM gets better every time I listen to it. Wish they closed with something else.
To Homer: If I could make you see, you've been a fool around and it's definitely not me (or Tony). Oh Daddy is brilliance.

That's All (right)
Old 04-05-2021, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
He's starting to sound like Stevie. He probably has a separate apartment to just dance and twirl around in too (to Oh Daddy...they will be slowww twirls)!

I'm BUSTED. I have an apartment just for my $tevie's shrine. It's loaded with pics of all the aging rock stars with whom I've "slept". Nag champa burning all the time. I even hired myself my own "Karen", to do all my bitching for me!

Oh, and I forgot the Lindsey dartboard. Mitzo loaned that to me!
Old 04-05-2021, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Ar least we agree that he's a loser. Even drugged up $tevie could see that by 1987.
Common ground. We found the one thing about Oh Daddy that we agree on. I also remember being surprised to learn Oh Daddy was about Mick during the Rumours 20th anniversary VHS tape (millennials look it up). We have no reason to doubt her but the lyrics definitely seem of a love interest. Maybe she was fibbing a bit? I remember her calling him Big Daddy or Mack Daddy is more like it.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I'm BUSTED. I have an apartment just for my $tevie's shrine. It's loaded with pics of all the aging rock stars with whom I've "slept". Nag champa burning all the time. I even hired myself my own "Karen", to do all my bitching for me!

Oh, and I forgot the Lindsey dartboard. Mitzo loaned that to me!
Oh yeah cool! But do you have a Mrs Ropers shawl and and Aztec checkered floor to dance around on? I think not.
Haters gonna hate

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-05-2021 at 12:34 PM..