The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s sad that the 2014-2015 had to be such an drawn out tour. In a perfect world they would of split those couple of years with Christine between shows and a record. They certainly could have, but with the Nicks issue it wasn’t meant to be.

I’ll never forget being at the Pittsburgh show and hearing that entire arena go crazy when Christine sang the first line of “You Make Loving Fun”. That was truly a magical moment in time.

In the end we did get Buckingham McVie and for those two it has to be a really lovely thing to have accomplished, to now realize it could potentially be their last collaboration. If anything, I hope those two have made amends more than anything.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It’s sad that the 2014-2015 had to be such an drawn out tour. In a perfect world they would of split those couple of years with Christine between shows and a record. They certainly could have, but with the Nicks issue it wasn’t meant to be.

I’ll never forget being at the Pittsburgh show and hearing that entire arena go crazy when Christine sang the first line of “You Make Loving Fun”. That was truly a magical moment in time.

In the end we did get Buckingham McVie and for those two it has to be a really lovely thing to have accomplished, to now realize it could potentially be their last collaboration. If anything, I hope those two have made amends more than anything.
For me, it was the perfect swan song for FM. That Tom Petty Crowded House bullsh*t never happened. I mean that's how FM looks at history anyway.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah all that buzz around the 2019 tour evaporated before it even ended. I’ve said it a million times, the fact that they scorched earth over another pointless greatest hits tour...so dumb..

I remember thinking to myself about a month before music cares. “They’ll f*ck this up. Some way, some how...somebody will say something etc. Boy, they didn’t disappoint as usual.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For me, it was the perfect swan song for FM. That Tom Petty Crowded House bullsh*t never happened. I mean that's how FM looks at history anyway.
yep.

i bet that Chris and Linds are talking now too, not just Linds and Mick. i wouldn't mind another BuckVie album. considering that everyone's in quarantine anyway, now is as good time as any to work on it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2021, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep.

i bet that Chris and Linds are talking now too, not just Linds and Mick. i wouldn't mind another BuckVie album. considering that everyone's in quarantine anyway, now is as good time as any to work on it!
I hope they're talking. BUT, Christine is probably getting too old to do any more tours.
I'd LOVE another album though. BuckVie was Mirage 2. I'm ready for Mirage 3!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope they're talking. BUT, Christine is probably getting too old to do any more tours.
I'd LOVE another album though. BuckVie was Mirage 2. I'm ready for Mirage 3!
I doubt it will happen but if it does, no need to walk on egg shells anymore. Please call it Fleetwood Mac and not Buck/Vie especially if Mick is playing drums. All of that walking on eggshells did no good and blew up Fleetwood Mac anyway.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I doubt it will happen but if it does, no need to walk on egg shells anymore. Please call it Fleetwood Mac and not Buck/Vie especially if Mick is playing drums. All of that walking on eggshells did no good and blew up Fleetwood Mac anyway.
I couldn't agree more. Catering to a narcissist didn't do any good. Having 4 of them work without her, blew her mind. Not because of the money or fame, but because... well... she's a narcissist.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I couldn't agree more. Catering to a narcissist didn't do any good. Having 4 of them work without her, blew her mind. Not because of the money or fame, but because... well... she's a narcissist.
I'm astounded by her self-centeredness. Had she simply contributed 3 songs (or 4 or 5) and sang on the others, this could have been an amazing send off.

Instead...it was merely a great record that got some nice press.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm astounded by her self-centeredness. Had she simply contributed 3 songs (or 4 or 5) and sang on the others, this could have been an amazing send off.

Instead...it was merely a great record that got some nice press.
Don't forget the amazing tour we got to see!
Old 02-09-2021, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

That was an absolute pinnacle moment in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. Finally getting to see the five of them together! The crowd went INSANE when she started singing and it was beautiful. On top of it, four songs from Tango in the Night!
Old 02-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That was an absolute pinnacle moment in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. Finally getting to see the five of them together! The crowd went INSANE when she started singing and it was beautiful. On top of it, four songs from Tango in the Night!
I saw the Chicago show in 2014 and that was the most electric I’ve ever seen a crowd. I was literally last row dead center at top row! Couldn’t be further away if I tried.

I saw The Dance tour, and it wasn’t close. That felt more like a Broadway play than a rock show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2021, 07:05 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Johnnie Walker at the end of his UK radio show on Sunday, said Christine Mcvie would be joining him on Sunday 7th February..for a chat.
Johnnie Walker’s show, even in this weird time, is a live show.

I’ve just looked at Radio 2 website and it does advertise that Christine would be joining Johnnie for a “very rare and exclusive interview”..

So, I’m presuming it’s just that, and not some old rehashed interview.
Johnnie Walker sound of the Seventies is on Radio 2 at 3pm..on Sunday.

It’s a pretty good show in any case....as the name implies, he plays all 70s music.
Just listened to the interview which starts at about point 1hr.13.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I went to the Forum in Los Angeles. (many times ) And the crowds were insane. Christine's face when everyone roared was priceless. I nearly had tears in my eyes. The atmosphere was so intense! I give HUGE kudos for Christine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

FMac did one album and 3 tours in 15 years.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went to the Forum in Los Angeles. (many times ) And the crowds were insane. Christine's face when everyone roared was priceless. I nearly had tears in my eyes. The atmosphere was so intense! I give HUGE kudos for Christine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

Christine coming back was honestly the most surprising thing with this band since I've been a fan. At her age and after that long being away, it was a total shock. I was too pumped throughout to be too emotional other than pure joy, but when she came out to play Songbird, there I was as a 33 year old sitting there feeling like I was about to cry. I was 16 and didn't go to The Dance show and I had convinced myself I'd never see her play live. It's most likely I'll never see Fleetwood Mac again and I'm glad that show was how I send them off. It wasn't perfect, their voices weren't in top form (or even '97 form), but it was a hell of a show. The previous shows I had seen with just Stevie and Lindsey were good, don't get me wrong. Loud, rocking, fun shows. But the five of them was something magical.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IChristine coming back and putting in all that work at her age. She did three tours and an album in four years. That's amazing. And this after we thought she was NEVER coming back.

great comparison and definitely impressive!

just too bad that when you pull down the curtain, that last tour she agreed to sours it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"