The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, sue. It's so kind of you to report back to us.
I'm so sad to hear about John. I hope he enjoys his life; he deserves it. Now I believe I know why he didn't participate in the 2020 Green celebration.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
She was asked if they would tour again....she wasn’t sure, she said she was getting too old.
And JOhn would NOT be touring again as he was getting too frail.
She did add he was okay, just getting old.
It's so hard to read this. I guess it's better that they die of old age than overdoses, but it's still difficult to see your heroes approaching nursing home age.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Thank you, sue. It's so kind of you to report back to us.
I'm so sad to hear about John. I hope he enjoys his life; he deserves it. Now I believe I know why he didn't participate in the 2020 Green celebration.
She said, he preferred going out on his boat, and he’s okay, just too frail to tour
So he must be okay......and maybe he doesn’t want to tour( he doesn’t need the money or the limelight)
Old 02-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sue, you didn't let us know that Never Going Back is Christine's ringtone That is so funny. Christine with a FM ringtone
Old 02-07-2021, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's so hard to read this. I guess it's better that they die of old age than overdoses, but it's still difficult to see your heroes approaching nursing home age.
My mom’s a year older than Christine. She had her first stroke eleven years ago and has had several more since. Back in August, she fell and broke her hip. The squad gave her a shot of fentanyl which caused her to have a massive stroke. Long story short, After five months in a nursing home, her feeding tube was removed two weeks ago and she was able to move into an assisted living on Friday.

Back in 2014, we went to see Fleetwood Mac, and she had the biggest smile seeing someone her age still able to do it.

We’ve been very lucky to have had them this long.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She did not rule out touring again but is iffy. No John is sad but she said definitely not Stevie so I would love to see the Mac without Stevie and sad without John. But you are talking 2022 at the earliest and I think she will be too old.
I think Stevie will do a farewell solo tour and Lindsey will definitely solo tour again. She sounded a little under the weather and getting really old.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite aunt is Christine's age, and I often look at her, imagining her doing what Christine does. She still gets around just fine, but it's hard to imagine anyone being that age, and being on stage, and being "on your game"(Mick Jagger is a freak, and doesn't count).
Old 02-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If John’s not touring again, then I doubt Christine will tour. Her loyalty is to Fleetwood and McVie. (I used to think it was also to Buckingham but the last tour changed all that.)

Without John onstage, the one thread of continuity is gone. The rhythm section that Christine and John were so proudly a part of is done.

I would, however, love to hear one more Christine album. I know it might be greedy or unrealistic, but I’m confident she could still write, play, and sing in the studio...
Old 02-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If John’s not touring again, then I doubt Christine will tour. Her loyalty is to Fleetwood and McVie. (I used to think it was also to Buckingham but the last tour changed all that.)

Without John onstage, the one thread of continuity is gone. The rhythm section that Christine and John were so proudly a part of is done.

I would, however, love to hear one more Christine album. I know it might be greedy or unrealistic, but I’m confident she could still write, play, and sing in the studio...
Yes, I’m with you. I would love that blues album she once talked about.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes, I’m with you. I would love that blues album she once talked about.
Off topic, but I was listening to Eric Clapton’s “Journeyman” album a while ago and thought that’s what Fleetwood Mac should have done in the mid-90s instead of Time. It would have been an album of pop, rock, and blues that would be the core three, all Christine on vocals, with a bunch of guest guitarists, vocalists, and other musicians.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Off topic, but I was listening to Eric Clapton’s “Journeyman” album a while ago and thought that’s what Fleetwood Mac should have done in the mid-90s instead of Time. It would have been an album of pop, rock, and blues that would be the core three, all Christine on vocals, with a bunch of guest guitarists, vocalists, and other musicians.

Yes a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda with this band. The Dance has come to an end.😢
Old 02-07-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda with this band. The Dance has come to an end.😢
I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I wonder if Mick will have the balls to have Mike, Neil and another bass player and call it FMac.
I sure hope not. I’m know it’s hard for Mick but it’s the end.😪
Old 02-07-2021, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have doubt? Mick's a f*cking scumbag.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t see him putting another Fleetwood Mac together, one even more radical than the 94-95 lineup, although he’s technically been the only original member since Bob Welch joined. I think an offshoot of some type (Fleetwood...) is much more likely.

THE Stephen Hopkins