User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is the same woman who gave all my barbies to the next door neighbor when I was 12 without so much as asking me, because I didn't play with them anymore.
I still have to live with the woman who donated my My Little Ponies to charity that I did still play with.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I still have to live with the woman who donated my My Little Ponies to charity that I did still play with.
Of course, now I have scores of dolls. Trying to recapture my fractured youth I guess. While there are dolls of most of the celebrities I've loved (Sonny, Cher, X-Files, Michael Jackson) there are no Mac dolls. If I win the lottery, I will commission one of those people who make dolls on Ebay to make FM dolls for me. I've seen the occasional Stevie doll on sale and I've even bid on two of them, but really I wouldn't be happy unless I had a custom made doll for each of the five.

Michele
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, now I have scores of dolls. Trying to recapture my fractured youth I guess. While there are dolls of most of the celebrities I've loved (Sonny, Cher, X-Files, Michael Jackson) there are no Mac dolls. If I win the lottery, I will commission one of those people who make dolls on Ebay to make FM dolls for me. I've seen the occasional Stevie doll on sale and I've even bid on two of them, but really I wouldn't be happy unless I had a custom made doll for each of the five.

Michele
I know how you feel. My mom trashed a lot of my stuff over the years and I have spent a lot of time trying to get it back! I collect dolls also, mostly Barbies. I'm not sure everyone in FM would make a good doll. In my mind, I can only picture Mick and Stevie as dolls! I would love it if Mattel would put out a Stevie doll, like they recently have with Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry, and Joan Jett.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to regret not buying things but now that my priorities have changed, I don't really care. There were some cool looking posters over the years that I wanted & never got, but now I realize I wouldn't have anywhere to properly display them anyway.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I used to regret not buying things but now that my priorities have changed, I don't really care. There were some cool looking posters over the years that I wanted & never got, but now I realize I wouldn't have anywhere to properly display them anyway.
Getting old sucks!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I took that photo and obviously I have the poster!! I saw it in a fanzine and decided I had to have it. I looked EVERYWHERE for it. I told anyone who would listen how much I wanted it. Then a member of Enchanted found the poster in a shop in Colorado. She then asked me if I wanted her to pick it up for me and ship across the country to me! I was stunned. That poster is sort of the holy grail of Stevie posters only because there were so few printed up. It's for a one off City Of Hope she did in 1983. You can't see it in the photo but the bottom gives the details about the show. One of the things I love about the poster is the ribbons are blowing on the fan, but the fan isn't even plugged in!!!
Your very very lucky to have that poster. Ever since I'd seen it in the old Silver Springs fanzine (seems like eons ago now/what early 90's) I've wanted that poster as well. I was outbid ...same with the rare BD UK poster....its those last minute outbids that I totally hate on ebay. It is a beautiful poster......enjoy!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I know how you feel. My mom trashed a lot of my stuff over the years and I have spent a lot of time trying to get it back! I collect dolls also, mostly Barbies. I'm not sure everyone in FM would make a good doll. In my mind, I can only picture Mick and Stevie as dolls! I would love it if Mattel would put out a Stevie doll, like they recently have with Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry, and Joan Jett.
I think Lindsey would make a nice doll. He could wear one of his more recent costumes (since he keeps the same thing on for an entire tour and even SNL has noticed) or they could go back to the Mirage era and do one with curly hair, a vest and a straw hat. Stick a guitar in his tiny hands and we're good to go.

Michele
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I happened to find this one in the "rummage" bin at Tower Records, and it quickly became my prized possession (I was just a kid; give me a break!):

It was at least 20" x 30" and printed on this matte/textured parchment kind of paper- it definitely looked like a pastel drawing. It was on my bedroom wall for many, many years... But lo and behold, when my family moved while I was in college, my grandmother conveniently discarded it- after all it was "just paper." Ugh! As you can see, no one in my family knows the meaning of the word "sentimental." If I still had it today, I would have had it framed- it was incredibly well done.

BTW, she also conveniently tossed out my ticket stub signed by Bruce Springsteen on the Born in the USA tour while he was walking around outside of the Capitol Centre before the show. It was just more "junk," to toss out, I guess.

I have that poster,I got ages ago from a fellow in Texas.,It was shipped with cardboard in the back and shrinkwrapped as it still is today, also after these years it's still not framed.now I have to get my a$$ in gear to frame it for my upcoming Stevie room.
as for leaving SN/FM stuff behind,a couple weeks ago a guy at the local fleamarket had over priced records like the tune of $15.00 a piece,he did had some FM in there but for that price.yes over the years i've look over those collector papers and magizines and drooled all over those pages looking at those RIAA gold records for $500 or more ,
I had to back off,if I did I would be living on the street with the gold record when the rent was due.Also I've must of spend over $1000's of dollars at the time on collectables
from special records,cds,posters,photos ,radio shows,bootleg concerts, concert videos,tee shirts,keyrings and who knows what else.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-17-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Registered

Not sure if this counts, but- I once had a very nice TISL lyric book that I got from the record release party/dinner in January '01... I've never seen another copy of it surface or it even being mentioned anywhere. I have no idea where it is now. I moved twice that year, must have lost it or something.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey would make a nice doll. He could wear one of his more recent costumes (since he keeps the same thing on for an entire tour and even SNL has noticed) or they could go back to the Mirage era and do one with curly hair, a vest and a straw hat. Stick a guitar in his tiny hands and we're good to go.

Michele
It probably wouldn't be difficult to make a Lindsey doll, but I'd probably never find one I thought looked enough like him, so I'd be 'dissatisfied'! (Actually, the outfits from the Go Insane era would make better doll clothes!)
Old 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
That's what I'm finding with all of my vinyl. I don't have a working turntable, so all my albums do is collect dust. I've got some on display (meaning they're propped up above my computer desk ), but they're pretty useless. I wouldn't get rid of them right now, but there's no point in buying anything else just for the sake of collection.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I regret not picking up one of the Dublin Unleashed posters, with the city name, I'd certainly pay good money for one if they turned up on eBay.

I saw this on eBay early on in my fandom and have always regretted not going for it ... it's not official merchandise but I think it's really beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bracelet.jpg (78.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Getting old sucks!

Not really. I was still buying **** as recently as 3 or 4 years ago - I was already old at that point.

I just don't want any more stuff, you know? Not just Mac stuff - ANY stuff. It just sits there, takes up space, collects dust, etc. Blech. I still have all my bootleg CDs & vids, but I don't want/need any more. And photos/posters are great, but I can look at them on the net.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Not sure if this counts, but- I once had a very nice TISL lyric book that I got from the record release party/dinner in January '01... I've never seen another copy of it surface or it even being mentioned anywhere. I have no idea where it is now. I moved twice that year, must have lost it or something.
That turns up now and again on eBay. It was part of the original TISL press kit which also included a bio, photo, and two color slides as well as the full CD (in a cardboard sleeve). That's among the Stevie items I have boxed up in a closet.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I thought I had it, if I find it while I'm unearthing stuff for the move do you want me to send it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
That turns up now and again on eBay. It was part of the original TISL press kit which also included a bio, photo, and two color slides as well as the full CD (in a cardboard sleeve). That's among the Stevie items I have boxed up in a closet.
The one he's referring to is different, it's not professionally printed and has typos that don't appear on the press kit one ;-)