User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy0033 View Post
If Tom Petty didn’t die in October 2017, Lindsey would of never been fired from the band. So Stevie wanted her other very good friend Mike Campbell in the band, imo.
I totally agree and nothing will ever change my mind about it. She wanted him in and looked for any stupid reason to oust Lindsey.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I hear what you're saying. I don't recall Stevie saying he's critical. She didn't say cruel but I guess I could she feels he is from her statement.

What was toxic? Would he say to Stevie during rehearsals "You're being lazy"
Not asking you but just throwing it out there
Who knows what her basis is for any of it? I certainly don’t. In her interview about it last year, she said he made her feel like “a dying flower all the time” and that it felt like “all the wind had gone out of her sails” when around him. And in today’s statement she said she was leaving a “toxic environment”. So it’s clear her narrative is that he made her miserable in one way or another, whether it be with criticism or cruelty or whatever else. But the narrative is that he was doing something to make her feel terrible and make the environment toxic. I’m not saying that’s the truth at all, just that him hitting below the belt and saying things that he knows would be disrespectful or upsetting to her doesn’t help his case that he *isn’t* toxic and *wasn’t* disrespecting/upsetting her before she refused to work with him.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well thanks! I have the fun task of being angry at "you know who" and making sure this doesn't get out of control. I blame Lindsey for bringing up Trump in the article. Did he fall down and hit his head on the pavement? Who's the PR guy?
He did this on purpose, of course, knowing it would rankle her because she detests Trump.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my take.

Stevie HAD a very successful solo career but since 89 not a single platinum album or top 40 single. Sure she had a top 5 and 2 top 10 debuts but like Eddie Trunk once said on his radio show where is it in the charts this week? (This was in reference to artists or promoters etc who like to trumpet the debut chart numbers for x artist no matter how low the sales were.

What many including herself fail to see is that great songwriting only goes so far. Someone has to produce and arrange the music.

She had allot of help over the years with her music from many people. Lindsey, Tom, Keith, Jimmy etc. Without them I don't think her career would have been as successful. They took her poems and made them come alive. She's not a producer or arranger.

Just because she and or FM can sell tickets to mostly nostalgia tours it doesn't make them any better or worse than Lindsey. He wants to create she wants to milk the past. If he is happy and his fans are happy so be it. If the Stevie Fans want to pay big bucks for the sing song golden oldies tours fill your boots.

They may think they haven't harmed the legacy of the band but they did. Because when it is truly over people will remember how it ended on a low note.

I also can't stand Irving. Frey was barely in the ground and he was already thinking of ways to keep the cash cow going. Same with that big package tour with Motley Crue. Vince Neil can't sing anymore but Irving expects people to pay top dollar to watch that **** show? He's the master of the sleazy money grab. Does anyone know if Irving is even correct about this tour being the most successful.

If the last tour was so successful why was the tour manager touting in the press the demand for tour t shirts or why were fans being moved up to fill great seats on the floor.

Brett Tuggle was right when he said if they toured another time the interest wouldn't be there. The new lineup is now old and with nothing forthcoming in terms of new music the interest wouldn't be there I don't think ( at least in the numbers they would want).

I also agree that Stevie has surrounded herself with hangers on who will never tell her the straight truth. If she thinks she can still be singing in her 80's with her current voice she's nuts.

If the band is truly done I'm glad. Let Lindsey spend his final years being creative and let SN rehash the past and play the blame game for whatever she's mad at now or in the future.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Who knows what her basis is for any of it? I certainly don’t. In her interview about it last year, she said he made her feel like “a dying flower all the time” and that it felt like “all the wind had gone out of her sails” when around him. And in today’s statement she said she was leaving a “toxic environment”. So it’s clear her narrative is that he made her miserable in one way or another, whether it be with criticism or cruelty or whatever else. But the narrative is that he was doing something to make her feel terrible and make the environment toxic. I’m not saying that’s the truth at all, just that him hitting below the belt and saying things that he knows would be disrespectful or upsetting to her doesn’t help his case that he *isn’t* toxic and *wasn’t* disrespecting/upsetting her before she refused to work with him.
The toxic narrative has demonstrated for decades...anyone who saw Say You Will should not be surprised she never wants to record a full album with him again. It was the rest of the band's choice not to get rid of her for not wanting to work with him. I am glad she mentioned that in her quote.

The bottom line is no one who gets kicked out of a band after 40 years is completely innocent. The people who think Lindsey is completely innocent are just as delusional as the people who think Stevie is completely innocent. All five contributed to what happened.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
The toxic narrative has demonstrated for decades...anyone who saw Say You Will should not be surprised she never wants to record a full album with him again. It was the rest of the band's choice not to get rid of her for not wanting to work with him. I am glad she mentioned that in her quote.

The bottom line is no one who gets kicked out of a band after 40 years is completely innocent. The people who think Lindsey is completely innocent are just as delusional as the people who think Stevie is completely innocent. All five contributed to what happened.
But I don't know anyone who has said he's completely innocent. I find its the SN fans who seem intent on cherry picking anything he ever said or did no matter how minuscule and use it against him to justify their intense hatred of him and why they think he got what he deserved. In my opinion if it's ok to cherry pick his past then the same should apply to her. She's done her share of crappy things just as much as he has. The SN fans always giver her a pass over and over no matter what.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's exactly what most of us thought was happening. $he's a money grubbing star who's truly lost her creativity. And quite frankly, is probably on drugs again. (Or her publicist is).
The rest of the band and Irving weren't about to give up millions of dollars for what they knew would probably be the last major tour for this groug. Legacy be damnnnned!!!
I remember being labeled a bad fan for saying all this, but as Christine would say, "But it's true!!!"
Why is it ok for a moderator to say she could be doing drugs? Or that her publicist is? Did many Stevie fans post speculations here asking if Lindsey beat his Kristen and that's why they are having their problems? I haven't been here in awhile.

The double standard on this board is hilarious.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
But I don't know anyone who has said he's completely innocent. I find its the SN fans who seem intent on cherry picking anything he ever said or did no matter how minuscule and use it against him to justify their intense hatred of him and why they think he got what he deserved. In my opinion if it's ok to cherry pick his past then the same should apply to her. She's done her share of crappy things just as much as he has. The SN fans always giver her a pass over and over no matter what.
Go back and find the original posts when this news broke years ago.

I do think he is getting what he deserves, just like if they had chosen to fire her years ago, she would have deserved it.

You don't get fired for no reason.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If it was toxic, why hold hands and hug on stage from 09 on. Did Mick, John, or Christine not notice how toxic Lindsey was?
Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If it was toxic, why hold hands and hug on stage from 09 on. Did Mick, John, or Christine not notice how toxic Lindsey was?
Everything Fakewood Mac has done onstage has been bogus for YEARS. People who think what they see onstage is real are on drugs. Fake, fake, fake. Play your role-- in fact LB used that language on one of the last tours before Chris returned-- he said his wife and family don't get offended by the swooning onstage because they understand it's all an act, like playing a role. "Give the people what they want" because that's what draws them in and makes the bucks. Step right up, folks.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they noticed. It's chronicled in a number of books/articles/interviews. They just never used the word toxic. Way back when they started John reportedly could not stand Lindsey's attitude in the studio. And hasn't everyone mentioned his antics during Tusk.

Things work until they no longer work.

Hugging is just performance.

He can't stand her as much as she can't stand him.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Why is it ok for a moderator to say she could be doing drugs? Or that her publicist is? Did many Stevie fans post speculations here asking if Lindsey beat his Kristen and that's why they are having their problems? I haven't been here in awhile.

The double standard on this board is hilarious.
It was tongue in cheek to her harebrained press releases, I really don't know if she's doing drugs, it was sarcasm. Whomever did her releases sounded like they were out of their minds or on drugs. Just as I said "did Lindsey fall down on the ground and hit his head on the pavement?"

Some of what he said was harebrained as well. I agree with Rhiannondontgo that some of this isn't helping his case. Comparing her to Trump in the press? Really?

There's no double standard, I'm free to discuss the band just like you. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it or let Michele know. But bringing up Lindsey beating his wife... yikes.. where did that come from???

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-09-2021 at 11:46 PM..
Old 09-09-2021, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There's no double standard, I'm free to discuss the band just like you. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it or let Michele know. But bringing up Linsdey beating his wife... yikes.. where did that come from???
Stevie fans can be rabid in the protection of their Queen. HOW DARE you have an opinion!!! With all the money you're paid for moderating here, you should just STFU and do your job!

Old 09-09-2021, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Stevie fans can be rabid in the protection of their Queen. HOW DARE you have an opinion!!! With all the money you're paid for moderating here, you should just STFU and do your job!

I'm going to have to fire myself.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm going to have to fire myself.
Well played...very well played.

Well now, I'm going to fire myself!!!!