The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-25-2022, 09:02 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,398
Default

Kenny G sings it with his sax.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-26-2022, 05:24 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,652
Default

I thought about going to the West Palm Beach show especially since its Friday night but I am not going. I loved the 24K Gold concert. I did not like the album but oddly enough the songs she did from the album were some of the highlights of the show. She had a fantastic setlist with Crying In The Night etc. Her current setlist is very similar but I will pass this time. It strange, she ignores any material from RAL, OSOTM, Street Angel, and TISRL. Thats a big gap. Its like her career did not exist from 1985 to 2005. But maybe its a good think realizing no one wants to hear them
But I am surprised she is doing 17 songs at her age. OMG she was doing only 13 songs in her 40s.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-26-2022 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-26-2022, 06:22 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I thought about going to the West Palm Beach show especially since its Friday night but I am not going. I loved the 24K Gold concert. I did not like the album but oddly enough the songs she did from the album were some of the highlights of the show. She had a fantastic setlist with Crying In The Night etc. Her current setlist is very similar but I will pass this time. It strange, she ignores any material from RAL, OSOTM, Street Angel, and TISRL. Thats a big gap. Its like her career did not exist from 1985 to 2005. But maybe its a good think realizing no one wants to hear them
But I am surprised she is doing 17 songs at her age. OMG she was doing only 13 songs in her 40s.
She's ignoring the 24 Karat Gold album this tour too. It's weird to me that she doesn't play all her hits, but she'll play Enchanted, Outside the Rain, and covers.

Good for her doing 17 songs. Billy Joel does 24, Elton does 23, Roger Waters does 22.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-26-2022, 08:41 AM
blinker12's Avatar
blinker12 blinker12 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 885
Default

It is a total comfort zone set list (for both performer and general audience), which I get given the trauma of the past couple years. But not very enticing for those of us who have heard these songs sooooo many times.
__________________
Don't you know that the stars are / A part of us?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-26-2022, 09:16 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
It is a total comfort zone set list (for both performer and general audience), which I get given the trauma of the past couple years. But not very enticing for those of us who have heard these songs sooooo many times.
I don't think it's a comfort zone setlist for the general audience. Moonlight, Soldier's Angel, Outside the Rain, Enchanted, WH/BD aren't radio songs or greatly wellknown. Perhaps they are if most of the audience has seen her live a lot.
Talk To Me, I Can't Wait, Rooms On Fire, Leather and Lace, and Whole Lotta Trouble are widely wellknown.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-26-2022, 11:48 AM
tothegypsy tothegypsy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 291
Default

Was hoping for a non-festival date near Philly, but maybe her Asbury Park contract prevents it. Still hoping to make it to a show
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-26-2022, 12:37 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Was hoping for a non-festival date near Philly, but maybe her Asbury Park contract prevents it. Still hoping to make it to a show
I think she'll do a show in Atlantic City. There's always 1 casino date on a Stevie tour!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-26-2022, 01:45 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Oct 03 Ė Los Angeles @ Hollywood Bowl
Holy cow, sheís playing the Hollywood Bowl. You go, girl. Have I got this right? Fleetwood of course ended their 1980 tour there and played there again in 1997 and yet again in 2014 or something? Is this Stevieís first solo performance there? This is historic.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-26-2022, 01:49 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Holy cow, sheís playing the Hollywood Bowl. You go, girl. Have I got this right? Fleetwood of course ended their 1980 tour there and played there again in 1997 and yet again in 2014 or something? Is this Stevieís first solo performance there? This is historic.
She played there with Rod Stewart.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-26-2022, 04:00 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,652
Default

She's stuck in Fleetwood Mac tour gear. Time to drop Gypsy and Free Fallin

How about Crystal as a first encore. Rooms on Fire instead of Gypsy. I cant wait, full rock version instead of Vampire's Dream.

This has to be one of her last tours so its getting late to not do some of these songs that have not been played for awhile.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-26-2022, 04:14 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's stuck in Fleetwood Mac tour gear. Time to drop Gypsy and Free Fallin

How about Crystal as a first encore. Rooms on Fire instead of Gypsy. I cant wait, full rock version instead of Vampire's Dream.

This has to be one of her last tours so its getting late to not do some of these songs that have not been played for awhile.
She sang Gypsy at the 24 Karat Gold Tour shows I saw. So I say drop all the FM songs and do solo. The crowd won't care.

I think Free Fallin is done so the crowd applauds at pictures of her and Tom. I wish she'd do Insider or I Will Run to You, like jbrowns offered up.

But like she said "I'm not the same Stevie Nicks you've seen a million times"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She sang Gypsy at the 24 Karat Gold Tour shows I saw. So I say drop all the FM songs and do solo. The crowd won't care.

I think Free Fallin is done so the crowd applauds at pictures of her and Tom. I wish she'd do Insider or I Will Run to You, like jbrowns offered up.

But like she said "I'm not the same Stevie Nicks you've seen a million times"
She's still doing a Tom Petty tribute?
You would think the amount of time she was off she would want to explore and do a new song (when I say new I dont mean new recording but something that is not routinely done in concert). Her set is great but its mostly a rehash of 24K Gold and other prior tours.

But Nothing Ever Changes .......hey now, THAT would be a great opener!
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-26-2022, 11:35 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Talk To Me, I Can't Wait, Rooms On Fire, Leather and Lace, and Whole Lotta Trouble are widely well known.
Leather & Lace is well known. Talk To Me & Rooms on Fire or known to her real fans. But the general public has never heard Whole Lotta Trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-27-2022, 06:52 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Leather & Lace is well known. Talk To Me & Rooms on Fire or known to her real fans. But the general public has never heard Whole Lotta Trouble.
Talk To Me was a megahit. I think I Can't Wait and Rooms On Fire are as wellknown as her setlist standard, If Anyone Falls.
I suppose you're right about WLT. I thought maybe because it was on TimeSpace it would be a singalong, but then she should play Sometimes It's a
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-27-2022, 07:01 AM
Steviegirl Steviegirl is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 310
Default

Still super disappointed and angry at her about Lindsey, but I did look at the prices for Asbury Park since I'm in VB, VA. Goodness gracious. I've spent so much on Stevie and FM over the years, but no way would I pay this for tickets since it's the same tired show. Sorry not sorry.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW picture

Bekka Bramlett-I Got News For You CD NEW

$22.41



Almo/Irving Writers Comp. CD 2: Annie Roboff, Bekka Bramlett, Michael Henderson picture

Almo/Irving Writers Comp. CD 2: Annie Roboff, Bekka Bramlett, Michael Henderson

$20.00



I Got News For You -Bekka Bramlett CD Aus Stock NEW picture

I Got News For You -Bekka Bramlett CD Aus Stock NEW

$24.53



Being Human picture

Being Human

$5.99



Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD picture

Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD

$5.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved