User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2021, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh...I get it. You're triggered by people who are educated and don't necessarily sound like an idiot. Fair enough, that's all you had to say. Everything else makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
I just posted a very long not very nice response but on second thought none of you are worth it. You’re so full of hate. You make me sick.

Last edited by JohnL; 09-20-2021 at 03:51 AM..
Old 09-20-2021, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I just posted a very long not very nice response but on second thought none of you are worth it. You’re so full of hate. You make me sick.
You disappear for months at a time, then pop in to rant and rave, then disappear again.

See you in a few months!
Old 09-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Old 09-24-2021, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I understand it, Lindsey has about 12 fans -- and that's on a good day. Stevie, is loved by millions and is an American icon. Biden would send the forces to rescue her if she was ever kidnapped, just like on that South Park episode. She's just wonderful. Talented, beautiful, patient and long-suffering.

So, because the Stevie fans so far outnumber Lindsey fans, why do Stevie fans care what they say? How can the opinion of 12 bitter Lindsey fans who have been jealous of Stevie since the days of Fritz, ever penetrate the halcyon joy of a Stevie fan's world? I don't understand that.

Also, while I know the Ledge was a place where Stevie fans once had so much fun. They would come here and share so much, after every concert, before every album release. It was so exciting. And now it's gone. But since the love for Stevie has never died, why can't her fans find a new place to be together and share her without the bitter Lindsey fans jumping in? Why haven't they moved their heaven to a new location?

I understand what JohnL means when he says that this place is ruined, but why does that matter, when there are so many other places to revel in being a Stevie fan? It's like the world is his oyster.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Also, while I know the Ledge was a place where Stevie fans once had so much fun. They would come here and share so much, after every concert, before every album release. It was so exciting. And now it's gone.
Stevie hasn't offered anything in years to be excited about. It's been seven years since she released an album. Show Them the Way was not an exciting song. It was empty. Her guesting on Vanessa Carlton's The One was more exciting. The "24 Karat Gold" Tour really paled in comparison to Enchanted Tour as far as an adventurous setlist.

The 2018-2019 FM Tour did not feature Stevie heavily, which sucked as a Stevie fan. Dreams, Rhiannon, GDW, Gypsy, and Landslide were naptimes.
Had she done Sisters of the Moon, Crystal, I Don't Want to Know, Paper Doll, Sweet Girl, Illume, Angel, and even Stand Back. There would've been high energy in the Stevie and Rumours forums.

She takes her fans for granted, but she's become boring. Who shows up at a Harry Styles album show and sings a ballad from almost 50 years ago? Be creative, don't be a dinosaur!
Old 09-24-2021, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie hasn't offered anything in years to be excited about. It's been seven years since she released an album. Show Them the Way was not an exciting song. It was empty. Her guesting on Vanessa Carlton's The One was more exciting. The "24 Karat Gold" Tour really paled in comparison to Enchanted Tour as far as an adventurous setlist.

The 2018-2019 FM Tour did not feature Stevie heavily, which sucked as a Stevie fan. Dreams, Rhiannon, GDW, Gypsy, and Landslide were naptimes.
Had she done Sisters of the Moon, Crystal, I Don't Want to Know, Paper Doll, Sweet Girl, Illume, Angel, and even Stand Back. There would've been high energy in the Stevie and Rumours forums.
Paper Doll. I remember seeing that video on TV for the first time. I nearly flipped out with joy. Whenever they’re gone and you get thrown a crumb of something new, something that rekindles the flame, it’s such a heady feeling.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
As I understand it, Lindsey has about 12 fans -- and that's on a good day. Stevie, is loved by millions and is an American icon.
What if you love both of them equally? *gasp*... Ok, well maybe not equally. Depends on what day of the week you catch me I guess as to who I favour slightly more than the other. Oh, darn it all I don't know where I belong anymore...
Old 09-24-2021, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
What if you love both of them equally? *gasp*... Ok, well maybe not equally. Depends on what day of the week you catch me I guess as to who I favour slightly more than the other. Oh, darn it all I don't know where I belong anymore...
I did love them both equally for over 20 years. Not any longer.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I, too, loved with a love that a lifetime sees but once. We are all Time’s whores, are we not?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-24-2021, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

She takes her fans for granted, but she's become boring. Who shows up at a Harry Styles album show and sings a ballad from almost 50 years ago? Be creative, don't be a dinosaur!
It’s hard to be a SN when she takes her fans for granted. She keeps rehashing the same old same old. I did like the 24 Karat Gold tour but I do think she could have dropped some songs and added others. To not do a single song from any album released 85-2001 was stupid. Some of the songs she chose to include like Enchanted, If Anyone Falls, etc could have been dropped for something from the albums she ignored.

Show them the way was awful. I tried to like it but it’s a real turkey. The last album was 7 years ago. Quit milking the hits and be creative. I want to support but if it’s just going to be the same old same old.

If she does do an amphitheatre tour next year it will prove she has nothing left to give but nostalgia.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
It’s hard to be a SN when she takes her fans for granted. She keeps rehashing the same old same old. I did like the 24 Karat Gold tour but I do think she could have dropped some songs and added others. To not do a single song from any album released 85-2001 was stupid. Some of the songs she chose to include like Enchanted, If Anyone Falls, etc could have been dropped for something from the albums she ignored.

Show them the way was awful. I tried to like it but it’s a real turkey. The last album was 7 years ago. Quit milking the hits and be creative. I want to support but if it’s just going to be the same old same old.

If she does do an amphitheatre tour next year it will prove she has nothing left to give but nostalgia.
Fleetwood Mac and Stevie(and anyone associated with Irving) are all about the numbers. Playing a few songs that everyone in the venue doesn't know might make casual fans skip a tour....GOTTA SELL DEM SEATS!!!!!!

Face it, Lindsey is the ONLY member of FM with any artistic integrity left. He cares about putting out new music, and challenging the audience. The rest of them are just number pushers.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:03 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
I can't "love" them if I don't ignore their personal lives in an attempt to simply enjoy the music... a thing which has become harder to do in the last few years. I am still ever so slightly hopeful that they—both parties—will make-up once and for all and bury the past at sea.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I, too, loved with a love that a lifetime sees but once. We are all Time’s whores, are we not?
Now, you've got the Poe brain.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:48 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Now, you've got the Poe brain.
I see what David did there
Old 09-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have always been a Fleetwood Mac fan. I can't say I love LB & SN equally because I bought everything she's ever released and only LB's first 2 albums. I've never heard his last 3 albums. Last time I saw him in concert every new song sounded the same. I don't love everything SN sings but I will always buy her releases. I love her voice, even her current voice and I will always long for every live Rhiannon from the Tusk tour. But I care for LB very much as a person and was devastated that she had him fired from my precious Fleetwood Mac.